Mafia V Extravaganza!: Streets of Betaville (Mafia wins!)

Shaft is unknown, and it's possible that one person I've scanned that came out clean is The Godfather. So I'll see how this unfolds...

Let me just say now, my vote before was because I trusted Shaft, Wes, and Kapow more than I trusted n00b and mattAY, and I still don't trust any of them, but at the time it seemed more right, and a vote for n00b would be meaningless. So I voted for his partner.

Though I was wrong, their votes for Hex do not make either of them innocent, nor does it make me or shaft guilty. However, Wes dieing changes things. There are a few outcomes, that I stated earlier. Either Mattay is mafia and they killed him for safety or the more likely, the mafia killed Wes to make the former seem likely. Or it was the vigilante, which I doubt. So this incriminates me and Shaft. I know I'm innocent, but that does not make shaft guilty. There is one more probable choice, that the Mafia were none of them and simply killed Wes to cause this turmoil, getting two or more kills out of the ensuing madness. Now that isn't to say that Shaft is clean, but there is just a different percentage that he is Kira.

Regardless, I'm going to wait a little bit. See what happens.

Longo_2_guns said:
Though I was wrong, their votes for Hex do not make either of them innocent

So the fact, that basically out of the blue we decided to lynch hex, even though no one else was thinking about him, doesn't exonerate us? Not to mention that we were among the first 3 to vote to lynch krow.

I mean why would we do that if we were mafia? Now, this is hardly the first time that you or anyone else has continued to shovel doubt onto us. I'm guessing that I've mentioned, at some point, the name of all the members of the mafia as the people most likely to be mafia. So you must not be killing me or mattay so that you can keep a few red herrings, to offer an alternative to you and yours?

Now you haven't voted for a single lynch of a member of the mafia early. Not once, and you're trying to discredit me and Longo, still?

Longo is the next person on the lynch list, right? Then maybe yokiro? No meaningful lynch votes for mafia members, has tried twice now to single me out.

He's playing it smooth, but not smooth enough!

Although I'm not honestly sold on him at this point. We have 4 members left, 3 when we lynch shaft, the best 3 off the top of my head are:

longo
yokiro
keep

Maybe trippy

I'm also okay with lynching shaft(if we somehow bunch this lynch) and longo regardless of what their scans come back as. If yokiro is still alive once their not, and we haven't obviously killed the godfather(via lynching him after he gets an innocent scan) then I'd be ok with lynching him too.

But to be honest there's a lot of other people I've yet to think are actually clear. There's a few, but not maybe.

Mafia: Continue with the not killing me or mattay routine to throw'em off, I like that plan.

Sidenote:Wouldn't it be awesome if I was really the godfather, and I banked on being one of the last 4 guys and being above reproach? That'd be the only reasonable explanation for me being in the mafia, and playing it the way I am. But I swear, if that were true, we would have killed more special roles by now!

Extra sidenote: This is the 2nd time I've seen what I think is mafia suggest that wes was killed by the mafia. Now one reason would be to draw them away from having killed the cop. The more I'm starting to think that they killed someone innocent who voted like they did, to give us doubt.

"Yeah see, we kill this sucker see, and then when they say 'He's guilty, look at his vote' we'll point to wes and say 'he wasn't guilty," that's the ticket see!"

Either that or they're just spinning in circles trying to throw us off with seemingly random murders.

Longo_2_guns said:
there is just a different percentage that he is Kira.

Have you been watching Death Note?

Shaft's reason for lynching me was borderline understandable - but what puts him in the risk is that Hex was Mafia when he was protecting him, and that tips him over the line for me.

fuck it, Lynch Shaft

FTG keep going! I'm loving your stories. Sleep on it or something - I'm sure you'll feel better later.

n00b_f00 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Though I was wrong, their votes for Hex do not make either of them innocent

So the fact, that basically out of the blue we decided to lynch hex, even though no one else was thinking about him, doesn't exonerate us?
Just because you aren't innocent doesn't make you guilty at all. But I am not going to immediately rule out the possibility of you being mafia. I'd say that the chances of you being mafia are a lot lower than Shaft or a few others I suspect, but there's always a possibility. Really, the only reason I'd ever vote to kill you is the fact that you always post waaaaay to much and I end up skipping it all. Seriously, put some tl;dr's or something at the end. :p

n00b_f00 said:
Not to mention that we were among the first 3 to vote to lynch krow.
I mean why would we do that if we were mafia?
I've been mafia the last two games I've played, so I remember most of the tricks that we would use. This is your first game, so allow me to enlighten you on some of the tricks we used. The plans for killing Wes is an old trick to keep eyes off of mafia and on to some one else was used in the last big mafia game, which ended without conclusion. That little strategy brings me to my next one, why a mafia would quickly vote to kill another mafia. Doing so will cause the accusing mafia member to not only be exempt from almost all doubt, but in some cases he may even appear to be the cop. Me and Used would have done this in game 3 had Hex not gotten Used on the first round. Trust me, I know the mafia mindset. To catch a thief, you know?

n00bius_f00bius said:
Now you haven't voted for a single lynch of a member of the mafia early.
That goes for just about everyone else too.

Finally, I agree with Yokiro and Keepithowitis as most likely being mafia. Other people to consider are people who haven't been doing much of anything.

Mattay, I'm on episode 19 now. Awesome show.

Also, I'm going to keep my vote a little while longer.

Longo_2_guns said:
Seriously, put some tl;dr's or something at the end. :p

Probably should. Haven't been proper active on a server in a long time, I keep thinking it's an essay contest.

I've been mafia the last two games
The odds for you being mafia again are just too damn long.

Still, despite the math I really like you as mafia. Really liked Wes too.

Ah man, now I'm starting to doubt myself again.

I'm going to look at shaft's posts again to reassure myself.

MattAY said:
Longo_2_guns said:
there is just a different percentage that he is Kira.

Have you been watching Death Note?

Wow, we really could change the theme of this game in future to Death Note. Their would only be slight changes to the roles and rules etc but otherwise a very similar game based on Death Note. Let's file that one away for later.

Anyone else find it interesting that neither the Mafia, nor the Vigilante killed anyone? Well, the Mafia is understandable: they probably went for ghost, as he said, and the doctor saved his butt.

However why didn't the Vigilante strike? As n00b has blatantly made clear today, Shaft is the most likely Mafia candidate out there. And this information is over a day old. The Vigilante could have taken him out last night just to make sure.

If we do Lynch Shaft today, and he turns out to be Mafia, going on n00b's notes, we could quickly round up the remaining members between the townies and the Vigilante.

However at this time I suggest No Lynch until we get a bit more feedback from all the players.

Vigilante probably wants to make sure this time after the Wes/clayman incident.

Which is the right thing to do - there are many people I find suspicious, but they havent done anything to bring themselves out...apart from Shaft.

Truth be told, most of my suspicion about n00b has been dispelled. If he's a mafia member playing a headfuck game he's got me convinced; sending two of his teammates to the gallows while drawing a huge amount of scrutiny to himself doesn't seem like a good play to me, unless he's the Godfather, in which case it'd still be thick as all hell because he's upping his odds of eating a random lynch exponentially. That plus Shaft's out-of-the-blue Mattay vote when we were burning Hex makes me think that Shaft is either a clumsy mafia or a silly goose townie...and in either case, no great loss.

Sorry brosef!

Lynch Shaft

No Lynch, there's still nothing to go off at the moment. Shaft had me for a little bit, but I'm second guessing what I thought before, which is that he might be Mafia. I don't think there's any point in lynching today.

To all of you voting for a no lynch, I have one thing to say to you...Com'on. I hope my family guy voodoo logic works on you fence sitters!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod