Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

I guess I'm kinda alone in that I dig the new designs, and I think from the little we saw, they at least got the personalities.

Meh... I'm just not critical enough to hang out with you guys. =\

Haha, the forums are rough, sure, but I suppose you're right on both counts. The designs look like they're heavily influenced by the comics while the personalities follow the Nickelodeon cartoon and TV show. I did like Mikey's awkward mask-removal.

I care absolutely zero about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I couldn't give a damn if they actually were alien ghosts from the future.

That said, when I saw the trailer it made me think that this movie probably wasn't going to suck too badly, and I would go watch it after a couple weeks in theaters. On a Five Dollar Tuesday.

I was a kid in the 90's and had turtle fever along with Bart-mania. It was kind of a big deal.

I know the turtles made a comeback in the 2000's for a new generation and I know this is supposed to be a kids movie, but Michael Bay is still raping my childhood. Even the CGI movie felt right.

Just you early 20-somethings wait. When he does a Pokemon movie you'll understand.

But Pokemon has been stupid as hell for years now.

Also, Michael Bay is only the producer. That's like saying that Christopher Nolan raped Superman because of Man of Steel.

Well I haven't seen an episode of TMNT in like 20 years lol. And Michael Bay will find a way to rape a childhood... He will find a way....

WickedLiquid said:
I was a kid in the 90's and had turtle fever along with Bart-mania. It was kind of a big deal.

I know the turtles made a comeback in the 2000's for a new generation and I know this is supposed to be a kids movie, but Michael Bay is still raping my childhood. Even the CGI movie felt right.

Just you early 20-somethings wait. When he does a Pokemon movie you'll understand.

I'm 30+, I grew up with the Turtles, Transformers, G.I. Joe, and the rest.

I'm just not that cynical of a person, I dunno. I don't begrudge anyone their opinion, though.

I just like to watch movies, I don't view them with jaded cynicism. A stupid fun CGI movie is just as valid as a deep, emotional movie. I for one, am looking forward to this. Hey, I just like going to movies. :D

TIL Necro likes the movies.

Honestly with 3 kids, paying for a movie and a babysitter...I'll wait for Redbox. But I bet it'll still earn craploads because needs can't help themselves. They'll piss and moan and still buy a ticket.

NecroWolf said:
I'm 30+, I grew up with the Turtles, Transformers, G.I. Joe, and the rest.

I'm just not that cynical of a person, I dunno. I don't begrudge anyone their opinion, though.

I just like to watch movies, I don't view them with jaded cynicism. A stupid fun CGI movie is just as valid as a deep, emotional movie. I for one, am looking forward to this. Hey, I just like going to movies. :D

tumblr_lx7cdbCvOn1r4ghkoo1_400.gif

Well unless it's a DC film that takes itself seriously this thread is full of stupid fun movies. It's just some are more fun and others more stupid.

But you're right Necro, people are way too cynical and I'm not looking for anything deep and intellectual in a Ninja Turtles movie. I just don't want another Revenge of the Fallen.

I also try to not be cynical about these things. I don't think TMNT looks good, and I don't think Amazing Spider-man 2 looks good, but I just realize they're not made for me and move on.

WickedLiquid said:
Well unless it's a DC film that takes itself seriously this thread is full of stupid fun movies. It's just some are more fun and others more stupid.

But you're right Necro, people are way too cynical and I'm not looking for anything deep and intellectual in a Ninja Turtles movie. I just don't want another Revenge of the Fallen.

Sad thing is, that is exactly what it looks like from that trailer. That clip with the speed up/slow mo thing of the turtle slamming into the hummer looks like something straight out of one of the transformer movies except with a CGI ninja turtle in place of an autobot.

I also try not to be overly cynical about stuff either but in this age of hype and marketing we live in, it's hard not to be.

I'm not hyped for it, and again, I don't begrudge anyone their opinion. If you don't want to see it, that's fine... and I'd even enjoy hearing why. Opinions are a good thing.

I was just saying personally I'm a terrible critic.

I actually don't come to this forum often due to the fact I feel like I can't contribute to a conversation. I'm a terrible critic, I tend to enjoy just about anything I play, I can find things to enjoy it -almost- anything. There are a few things I can't stand, but eh, I don't begrudge anyone else for liking 'em. Entertainment is subjective anyway.

Plus there are one or two people on these forums I just do not want to be around, they make me extremely uncomfortable, they honestly don't make me feel safe (not physically of course, it's an internet forum, I mean more "I can't post here because this person would harass me")... in case anyone was wondering why I stick to the comments sections of articles.

Anyway, back on subject. I like the new designs, personally. I have this distinct inability to recognize or notice uncanny valley, so bad CGI facial designs don't register with me. I'm just weird I guess.

C_Nate, Dan, and Wicked all have legitimate reasons to be concerned of the new TMNT movie. I don't share 'em, but doesn't make their concerns any less valid.

Meh, I rambled.

Don't worry Necro, I've got enough criticism for two.

And I can definitely see why people would be worried about the TMNT movie. I would be too if I cared about the subject material, like with stuff like Man of Steel.

But while the action looked ridiculous, the line at the end sold it for me. See, the problem with the Transformers movies was never the action. It was flashy and fun. It was the writing and the direction. As long as Michael Bay is not doing either of those two things, and is instead paying to make sure the action stays flashy and fun, I'm all for it.

My only beef with TMNT is that Oroku Saki is being played by the whitest guy ever.

Beside that? I think the movie is "OK". As in i see nothing bad but not much interest me. I am glad Mister Bay didn't go full transformer on us there. Maybe he's actually learning.

I will give this new TMNT a chance and see how it is before I just throw it out the window because Explosion Bay is involved.

For us Arrow fans, here's that easter egg from a couple weeks back that I'm sure had us all (at least me) rewinding the DVR a few times to make sure we heard what we thought we'd heard. I've been real busy, so I didn't see that episode until last night.

While it's known that Dwayne Johnson will be working with DC, it's still not revealed who he will play. He did drop some hints in a recent interview however:
“The first quality we were looking for was that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on. What that does for me as an actor and the studio is it gives us space that we can explore; his complexities. The other quality was that he had to – the character we were looking for had to be well-known but never brought to life. Then what that does again as an actor, it gives me a little bit of space, and we talked about personality. It just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality, with the set of tools that I could bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality, but still pay homage to who he is. The third thing – and most important – is he had to be a badass motherfucker, OK, and on a Superman level of power, where [he] could throw down. In those three qualities, I’m happy we’ve found that character.â€

Paradox said:
While it's known that Dwayne Johnson will be working with DC, it's still not revealed who he will play. He did drop some hints in a recent interview however:
“The first quality we were looking for was that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on. What that does for me as an actor and the studio is it gives us space that we can explore; his complexities. The other quality was that he had to – the character we were looking for had to be well-known but never brought to life. Then what that does again as an actor, it gives me a little bit of space, and we talked about personality. It just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality, with the set of tools that I could bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality, but still pay homage to who he is. The third thing – and most important – is he had to be a badass motherfucker, OK, and on a Superman level of power, where [he] could throw down. In those three qualities, I’m happy we’ve found that character.â€

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo