Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Wow, Longo. Thank you for the recommendation. I got it on the Marvel app and have been reading it during my long travel day back to Nebraska. It's awesome and the do a good job of prefacing the story.

I totally agree that Star-Lord is Spider-Man. In fact, some of GOTG kinda feels at times like they're just dropping mainstream characters into zany space (Major Victory and Bill). I definitely will be doing more reading to fill in the gaps and differences.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Wow, Longo. Thank you for the recommendation. I got it on the Marvel app and have been reading it during my long travel day back to Nebraska. It's awesome and the do a good job of prefacing the story.

I totally agree that Star-Lord is Spider-Man. In fact, some of GOTG kinda feels at times like they're just dropping mainstream characters into zany space (Major Victory and Bill). I definitely will be doing more reading to fill in the gaps and differences.
Which one were you reading?

And the one thing I love about Guardians of the Galaxy is that these are all old characters. Like, almost all of them were created in the 60's and 70's. And then they had the bright idea to bring them all together in a new cosmic run to tie up all of the stuff they were doing in the two Annihilation series' that were going on during Civil War.

Also, nothing makes me happier in the trailer than seeing John C. Reilly as a member of the Nova Corps. Hopefully after this they make a Nova movie where the whole corps fucking dies.

Thanos Imperative. I loved it. Mostly because I like Thanos. Dude's beast. The only other series I've read with him is Infinity Gauntlet.

I have a feeling it'd all fly over my head, but I'm going to stop by my local shop and find either what Longo recommended or some other pull box stuff of GOTG.

Until Comic Con rolls around, I expect the comic news to stay more TV heavy than film heavy. But hell, when I started this topic four years ago, I think all there was was Smallville. Now look at all we have.

NBC has found their John Constantine. Matt Ryan will play the titular character on the upcoming series. Ryan has previously starred in Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, and voiced Edward Kenway in Assassins Creed IV.
cons-banner-2-24.jpg

Jada Pinkett Smith has been cast as Fish Mooney, a feared gangster boss in the upcoming Fox series Gotham. I've never heard of that character in the comics, so she may be an original character for the show. In her gang will be Oswald Cobblepot. I'm thinking that penguins eat fish and can already see that story arc of him rising to power.

The four Netflix series based on Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist will begin filming in New York this summer.

Here's the first look at Grant Gustin as The Flash in the new series.
407CE24D-E8E1-4A14-9E1D-EC1E206F7168_zpsyljjzlku.jpg

Sony says that with adding the Venom and Sinister Six films to their film universe, we could expect new films every year. The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is already set for 2016 and number four for 2018. It seems the plan will be to have Venom or S6 in 2017, the other in 2019, and sequels beyond.

The first trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is so far set to be attached to showings of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

This was included in the who's who link Lien posted, but here's a short video that contains the first voice acting of Rocket Raccoon.

Gambit gets the boot.

Another cool fan made trailer for the Man of Steel sequel.

Here's what little news I have for the week.

As Links already reported, Fox's Gotham has found its young Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle in David Mazouz and Camren Bicondova.

NBC's Constantine has cast three more actors for the show: Harold Perrineau (Oz, Lost), Lucy Griffiths (True Blood) and Charles Halford (True Detective).

Here's the first trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

Per producer Matthew Vaughn regarding Josh Trank's Fantastic Four: “It's a total reboot, that's for sure. It's got nothing to do with the other bloody ones. It's not stretchy guy and a guy running around in rock that looks like it's made polystyrene. And its not a comedy."

Actress Kim Soo Yun has joined The Avengers: The Age of Ultron in "substantial supporting role". Who she is playing has not been revealed, with the explanation being the role would be a spoiler. The primary speculations are Jacosta and Janet van Dyne with a darkhorse guess of Moondragon.

Scarlett Johansson's scenes for the film will be fast tracked due to her pregnancy. Joss Weadon has said that Black Widow will have a large part in the sequel. As soon as she's done with the press tour for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, she will report to set.

Thomas Kretschmann, who looks to be set to play Baron Von Strucker in The Avengers: Age of Ultron, says he has a multi-picture deal, meaning his character could show up in future Marvel films.

Announce trailer for Batman: Arkham Knight.

P.S. - I won't be running a comic book showdown this year. With the hours I've been putting in, I just don't have the time. If anyone's interested in doing it (or not), be my guest.

"It's not stretchy guy"? Fuck you, dude. I'm not really a FF fan, but don't shit on the main concept of the franchise you're adapting.

Yeah, that's why I just left that there with no qualifier. I think he's just trying really hard to differentiate this film from the previous FF films. I'm sure Reed Richards will still have his elasticity. I can get what he's trying to convey, but he's doing it poorly.

not good movies, but what is making good Marvel movies right now is a healthy blend of action, comedy and pathos.

You know, like a good comic book, from what I understand.

Paradox said:
Scarlett Johansson's scenes for the film will be fast tracked due to her pregnancy. Joss Weadon has said that Black Widow will have a large part in the sequel. As soon as she's done with the press tour for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, she will report to set.
Oh joy.

I've said it before, but Scarlett Johansson was the weakest part of those movies. Even weaker than Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. There's an alien invasion, living gods, monsters, and Captain America. This next movie is going to have an unstoppable robot in it, a man who can move at nearly light speed, and someone who can alter reality. We don't need to spend more than 10 minutes on Black Widow.

Longo_2_guns said:
I've said it before, but Scarlett Johansson was the weakest part of those movies. Even weaker than Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. There's an alien invasion, living gods, monsters, and Captain America. This next movie is going to have an unstoppable robot in it, a man who can move at nearly light speed, and someone who can alter reality. We don't need to spend more than 10 minutes on Black Widow.
C'mon, Hawkeye was way worse "duhhhh I hit my head, what happened?" If Black Widow's character is weak it's because of the writing. I think Scarlett has done a fantastic job holding it down in all the Marvel movies she's been in.

Both are lame to me. So are Captain America and Thor. Specially Thor!

I don't read the comics or watch any of the cartoons, just the movies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle