Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Paradox said:
Full trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy!

I was hoping to hear some voice work for Rocket and Groot, but besides that, everything looks amazing. August 1st can't get here fast enough. Sometime tomorrow, I'll try to get some still frames from the trailer posted.
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Also, I love that Ronan the Accuser has been confirmed as the villain. I was hoping this would mean it would result in a big Kree, Shi'ar, Skrull tie in, but we'll see if that happens.

Recommend me a Guardians book so I can get in the know.

Also on the heels of this trailer I've been reading a bit about the new FAntastic Four casting. The rumors are a bunch of young actors. Not sure if excited.

Well, the Guardians of the Galaxy run the movie was based off of was all pretty good. So that's a pretty good place to start.

My favorite was the Thanos Imperative, but that one is really heavy with Cosmic Level Marvel stuff. Maybe not the best place to jump right in to.

I like Kate Mara and Michael B Jordan. Don't really know anything about the other two, but I'm sure Ben Grimm will be mainly CG. Definitely looks like Trank's going the Ultimate route, which is fine by me.

Huh, apparently the Guardians of the Galaxy main series was never released as a collection.

That's fucking stupid.

I'm cool with the FF casting, but I could definitely do without a FF movie. Miles Teller always plays goofy characters and I think is probably pretty goofy in real life, so it will be interesting to see if they button him up a little for Dr. Richards or if they twist the character towards silliness like they did with Young Charles Xavier.

As for Guardians of the Galaxy: whoa!! I usually don't get hype for comic book movies, as much as I like to discuss them in here. I don't see any of them in theaters except for the Batman movies, basically. But this looks so good I'll see it opening weekend for sure.

James Gunn can be a little hit-or-miss for me but I'm 100% sold on this.

I honestly hope that FF bombs so that Marvel can get the rights to Galactus and Doctor Doom back.

And since the good Guardians of the Galaxy run that establishes all of them is apparently not available, then the next best choice is the Thanos Imperative. It follows up War of the Kings and Realm of the Kings, which were both decent but really kinda boring if you don't care about space politics between the Kree, Shi'ar, and Inhumans. Which I mostly do not. Thanos Imperative is still confusing, but far less so.

LinksOcarina said:
So...is Guardians of the Galaxy a comedy?

Being a James Gunn film, I expect it'll have more humor than the average Marvel film, but it's not strictly a comedy.

I was wondering that about the GOTG comics, are they more comedic and referential than your average hero mag?

They're definitely comedic, yeah. They're about as serious as a comic with a giant tree man, a crazy raccoon, and Star Lord (who is basically space Spider-Man) could be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod