Laser Tag

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
My family and I just got back from a whirlwind tour of three different local laser tag places, comparing each one.

One thing that's cool is they make the new laser tag places based off of video games, to the point where we literally played a Counter-Strike based defusal mission, with a suitcase bomb and everything. Plus, they make the guns more lifelike. You have to actually monitor your ammo and reload and stuff, and if you lost all your health (by being shot 5 times) you had to go back to base. Also, I got to use a shotgun in the second game that was ridiculously overpowered, so that was fun.

So how about you guys? Do you have laser tag places near you? Are you any good at them?

I've never been to a laser tag place that wasn't extremely dumpy. I played once over the summer, but my gun didn't work at all, so I scored 0 points. It was like 300,000 to 7,000.

We played a ton in high school. AZ had two or three different places. The one I liked had weapon pickups that would flash and if you shot them you got upgrades like rapid fire or spread shot. It was all on one level and pretty cool. The other place had two bases that were two stories high and had hedge rows separating them. You could ask before hand to play capture the flag, free for all or teams.

Good fun but kinda costly.

In the proximity of ~50 km (31 miles) there are 5 Laser Tag places. I've been to every one of those and it was awesome. IDK how long sessions last at your places but here it's normally 20 minutes for 6$.
But the guns are different than longo_2_guns described. Here we have one model of the gun which doesn't look much like a real gun. It has only two modes of shooting - normal bullets or grenades (which need a charging time of 5 secs).
Basically it's fun for me, but I rather like to play with peers or people older than me. Last time i played 3vs1 with three boys aged 8-10. They either don't follow the rules or forget them and keep running inside the maze (which is quite dark) which in turn tires me out both physically and mentally.
Why?
I was afraid that they will run into the wall and break their noses or other parts.
I had to move around much to lose them after shooting them/being shot.

We have one laser tag place here. It's okay I guess, but a bit expensive... it's about $20 or $30 for three games (each game lasts fifteen minutes). I'm okay at it but I haven't played in ages. Unfortunately the actual grounds you play in is quite small, but they do change the environment a little from time to time.

Few years ago, woulda been back in 2010 I went to the Goldcoast in Queensland, Australia to Dreamworld (a theme park - or Movieworld, I forget which one we went to) and they have a pretty sweet Alien versus Predator laser tag there. I remember coming second place out of a random group of like, twenty or thirty. That was pretty cool.

I went with some friends and it was full of cheating 11 year old kids who would stand in front of me and fire again and again while covering their sensors.

I used the other end of my gun smash them in their heads until they were knocked unconscious.

What the fuck is laser tag?

It's QUASAR, bitches! And it was good as a kid, but it's crap now.

"DVD will be dispatched soon"

Ok, so in America do people take laser tag as seriously as paintball?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod