"Growing-Up" Game

So about ten years ago I had an awesome idea for a video game...

One where you sort of start out as a 6 year old and have to find and make friends in your neighborhood and then get the friends together for football games and baseball games and the like including the best game ever when I was young: flashlight tag! Basically the game would be like it was to grow up but with stats and experience points. It would be completely based on reality with no "power ups" or anything aside from Mountain Dew to make you hyper or something.

Unfortunatly, I am no where smart enough to be a game programmer so my vision could not come to life.

My questions is: Can any of you guys think of a game that's been made that is even close to my idea? I would love to hear it!!

My Street was kinda like this. You started out in a new neighborhood and had to befriend everyone on the street by playing games with them. It was pretty much a minigame collection with a story tacked on, but it was still a decent game.

Thanks for all the replies! Especially you, De-Ting! Yours was especially helpful! :)

The Sims is kind of like what I'm talking about but My Street sounds like it's closer. I remember hearing about that game but it didn't seem like it would mimic real life situations that kids experience growing up. I might have to find that game on the cheap though to see if its even close. Any other suggestions??

I once had a idea like this, only difference though that mine involved pretty much everything from your idea and more. (Birth, death, occupation, different era each time you play, etc.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod