Ideas For Survival Game?

pres50

Rookie
So survival games like DayZ and Rust seem to be picking up momentum in the gaming community. I have yet to play any of the games, except for Don't Starve, which is kinda different but Rust incorporates a lot of elements from DS based on the game play I have seen and what I've read. Lets say you were calling the shots for the next big survival action sandbox eating simu-you get the point, what would you do to make it fun and addictive? What is your vision for this genre and where is it headed?

^ Like the Terminator! Hide against Hunter Killers patrolling the skies and stuff.

I've been playing a lot of Receiver lately: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCThInmzjXw. I'd add gun mechanics from that game to any survival game.

I don't know about the genre's future. There's some stuff that irks me like "early access". Also, it seems like they're popular only because to the Let's Play videos that featured them.

Lien said:
Hmm... Robots.

Learn to make illogical solutions, don't be predictable, survive in a none carbon based world, fight against the machine!

...least you become one.

This idea is amazing, I've always wanted to live out the terminator experience in a virtual environment. You and some friends trying to stay safe from a killer T robot..that could even be one of the players!?!?

Lien said:
Hmm... Robots.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted

In Rust and DayZ the biggest worry in your surviving are other people, so I wouldn't mind if they created a more dangerous environment that would possibly force people to work together.

The Forest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08s__Fg8d3A) seems like an interesting new game of the same type.

In my opinion, pointless surviving in games gets pretty dull after a short while, so I wouldn't mind some goals or tasks that would force you to leave your comfy camp.

I agree with Affen. If the game just wants you to "survive" then I can see it becoming repetitive after a while. The game needs to give you tasks to complete in order to leave your camp site or base or whatever.

Maybe you need to go hunting for food, medicine and ammunition for your weapons? Supplies in general?

Something with car combat would be dope. Go salvage for fuel and parts. Build up your death machine and join races and battles. Survive against the roaming packs of tanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod