Your dream game

Ok so I had been kicking around this idea for a while now, every since I played Arkham City when it came out. If I had an ass load of money I would totally commission Rocksteady to create my dream game, which would basically be a Predator game on the AC engine. I mean all the parts are there already, the roof top traversal, stealth, gadgets, vision modes, sprawling city. I envision it as you play as a Pred in NYC, you're on the run from Government agents trying to get back to your planet, all the while stalking gang members and random bad guys. There's more to it, but I'll keep it brief, so I was wondering, what would you guys' dream game be and who would you get to make it?

I have multiple "dream games," and I've spent the past 3 years planning and preparing to pitch them to a game company, number 1 on the list being Insomniac.

If you believe in your idea, you should try to make it a reality.

Hmm I never considered actually pitching the idea, I think I'm gonna have to shoot Rocksteady an email. So tell me a little about one of these dream games of yours De-Ting

I don't get what the big deal is with Rocksteady. They have made literally three games which were, gameplay wise, somewhat flawed.

That said, my dream game? Megaman Legends 3

Dream game it's already been done, or I guess I should say in developement. It's called Day Z :D

However I thought about it in the PS2 era. I never thought about the map being soooooo huge back then. My idea was just mainly a big Grand Theft Auto sized city to survive in. Searching for food, barricading yourself into places, and having multiplayer. It's being done like I said Day Z!!! Now I need to buy a computer for it..... :evil:

MandaloreHunter said:
So tell me a little about one of these dream games of yours De-Ting
Here's the gist of my 5 ideas:

Since February 2010, I've been working on a perceptively moderate budget action/adventure project. A single game franchise, a.k.a. the "shining star" of my portfolio. This was my first real step into game design, and it's the project I have the most faith in. Much attention to detail has been employed, and this game is meant to immerse you completely, sparing none of your emotions.

A first-person shooter/role playing game project. An estimated three part franchise. This is in essence another zombie game, but unlike any other zombie game you've ever heard of. It revolves around preventing a zombie apocalypse, and the events that would take place leading up to one. Also, ghosts, and how they're a byproduct of zombies. A very intelligent, futuristic sci fi project.

An adventure/platformer project, similar in scale to the Ratchet & Clank franchise. You play as a special robot in a planet-wide war between robots, produced by evil warmongers. You were designed to stop it.

An open-world role playing game project of a large budget. A franchise with no definite end. Let's just say Skyrim was a disappointment to me, and now I'm taking matters into my own hands. In fact, comparing this idea to The Elder Scrolls is somewhat insulting. That's big talk coming from me at this point, but trust me when I say, this project is unlike anything you've ever imagined.

A first-person shooter project centered on multiplayer. A perceptively low budget game, yet with the potential to rival other franchises in its category. The basic idea of this project is options. Options everywhere. And majestically simplistic graphics.

So this is an idea I had a while ago when I wa playing a shitload of SWG but to this day it's still something I'd love.

An MMO or single player story driven game, very open world with a trading system, player driven economy. Space and ground heavy. Think Star Wars JTLS mixed with some EVE (minus EVE's steep learning curve and not as much depth). Not only would there be space exploration and mining but there would be a heavy ground aspect to the game. Just like SWG had the bulk of it on planets and introduced JTLS, this would be similar in it's approach. Expcet you would fly your ship and dock on the planets in real time. No loading screens or anything. Once on the planet, think the worlds of Mass Effect except a go anywhere sandbox approach.

Leveling would be done based on quests but the quests would be very story centric with some side ones that don't have as much impact on the outcome like many of todays titles - Skyrim, ME, etc etc. I don't know, just a rough idea I had of a game.

My dream game is basically smooshing ProjectCARS, Forza 4 and Test Drive Unlimited 2 into one big-ass game that needs a dual-layer blu-ray.

Large open world quasi-MMO with proper driving physics, tons of car customization and sexy graphics is basically my idea of heaven. Bonus points for 60FPS and tons of cars.

Cars and Customization from FM4 (matte paint from Horizon)
Physics and graphics from pCARS, slightly nerfed
Large maps with incentive to drive around from TDU2
Toggle-able online features
500+ car list
Cheap DLC
PC to Infinity servers
Microsoft can tell EA to loan the Porsche license or not develop for the Infinity

Sourdeez said:
The Last Of US for the PC

Heavy Rain for the PC

Beyond: Two Souls for the PC

Forza 3/4/Horizon/5 for PC.

Unlikely to happen. Don't worry - when Skylake and the GTX8xx comes around, we'll emulate the PS3/360.

My dream game: Eve Online with a PVE server.

I love Eve Online but the fact that you can lose 6 months of work just by jumping to a different system is very very off putting.

Imagine an Eve Online where if your ship gets destroyed, you just respawn! I know a lot of people LOVE the hardcore aspect of the game, and I am not saying remove it, I am saying create 1 more PVE server for those of us who like to play casually.

I know the rush of destroying someones ship and taking their stuff can be exhilarating, but many of us would love it if we could play the game without being afraid of losing our ships all the time...

After over a decade of playing on pvp servers I just dont have time for that shit anymore. Id rather play on pve servers now and focus on the real progression.

Firefly/Serenity, developed by Naughty Dog. :p Naughty Dog has a real knack for bringing characters to life in video games, and the characters of Uncharted (especially the writing) seems very similar to Joss Whedon's stuff. I think a third person shooter with fist fights, cooperative play and two to four characters on the field would be great.

I'd love to see a beat 'em up style game (like God of War or Devil May Cry) that allows players to create their own custom made combos or something.

I'd also love to see a jump mechanic like... okay. Jedi in Star Wars, they do crazy jumps. I thought it'd be cool if a game could like... you could pause the game, or at least slow down time in a sense, and then kinda pick a spot of where you want to leap to. Select the spot and boing, you leap to that spot. Maybe it would slow down combat or something but I think it'd be great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod