Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Paradox said:
teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.jpg
Nononononononononono. Maybe in motion it'll look better but I really don't know what to think about what they're doing to my turtles.

used44 said:
Bahaha! Georges Saint-Pierre is in Cpt. America? It's like an UrbanMasque casting come to life!
In before Urbz actually has opened up a production studio where all of our shitty ideas have gone to make billions of dollars.

Here's another update that I wanted to share right away.

Paul Bettany has provided the voice of Jarvis in all three Iron Man films and in The Avengers. For The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Bettany will have a new role to play: Vision.

With Ultron being the villain and Scarlet Witch being involved, I was hoping Vision would be introduced. To have Bettany portray the character is an awesome move. It's already been revealed that for the film, Ultron is supposed to be a Tony Stark creation. I'm guessing Ultron 'steals' Jarvis and gives him a body.

vision-bettany.jpg

That's awesome. I love Vision. In the Silver Age Avengers, his powers are always used to solve threats and situations in an interesting way.

I don't know much about The Avengers in terms of comics. I was more an x-men/spiderman fan. But it sounds like this movie is heading into a promising direction.

And is it just me or are they showing off way too much of The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

WickedLiquid said:
And is it just me or are they showing off way too much of The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

I was kinda thinking the same thing. There was already three or four trailers between domestic and overseas. And then that Super Bowl spot. As expensive as a 30 second spot is during the Super Bowl, they dropped however much for a four minute spot.

I'll still be there to see it opening weekend regardless.

Ben McKenzie (Southland, The O.C.) has been cast to play Detective James Gordon on the upcoming Fox series Gotham. McKenzie's Gordon will be, "an idealistic rookie detective for Gotham City Police Department’s Homicide Squad, a former college football star and a war hero."
gotham-banner-2-10.jpg

Also joining Gotham is Robin Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin, Sean Pertwee (Dog Soldiers) as Alfred Pennyworth, and Donal Logue as Detective Harvey Bullock.

In more casting news for CW's Flash, Candice Patton has signed on to play Iris West. Also cast is Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow. While CW hasn't said anything on the matter, Snow's presence could mean Killer Frost may be a featured villain on the show at some point. Perhaps maybe even an appearance of Firestorm. Both possibilities are purely my own speculation however.
CW does say though that where Arrow has more of a crime angle to it, Flash will have more of a sci-fi angle, with more super powered characters and science fiction storylines.

One more piece of interesting casting news for Flash: John Wesley Shipp, star of the short lived 90's Flash tv series, has been tapped to join the show. Who he will play has yet to be revealed.
the-flash-ship.png

Syfy is going to develop a new series based on the DC/Vertigo comic DMZ. The comic is "set in the near future where another civil war has turned Manhattan into a demilitarized zone. Photo journalist intern Matty Roth is dropped into the carnage, and after an attack, gets trapped in the DMZ."

I mentioned the rumor a few weeks ago, but now it's confirmed that AMC will be developing a new show with the involvement of Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg based on the comic series Preacher. For those unfamiliar with Preacher (myself included) the series "follows Reverend Jesse Custer, a tough Texas preacher who has lost his faith, and has learned that God has left Heaven and abandoned his responsibilities. He finds himself the only person capable of tracking God down, demanding answers, and making him answer for his dereliction of duty. Accompanying Jesse on his journey is his former girlfriend and a friendly vampire who seems to prefer a pint in the pub to the blood of the innocent. On his tail is an immortal, unstoppable killing machine named the Saint of Killers – a western lone gunman archetype whose sole purpose is to hunt and kill Jesse."

It was already known that B.J. Novak (The Office, Inglourious Basterds) was going to be in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Who he's playing is now revealed to be Alistair Smythe.

While none of the principle cast is present, filming has begun on The Avengers: Age of Ultron in Johannesburg, South Africa.

In a recent investors meeting Bob Iger, Disney CEO and Chairman, said that Captain America: The Winter Soldier 'sets critical events in motion for The Avengers: Age of Ultron.' It was also said the parts of the film's plot will be reflected in Agents of SHIELD.

Marvel claims to have film plans al the way through to the year 2021, but nothing has been officially announced beyond July 17, 2015 with the planned release of Ant-Man. Marvel's already staked out the dates of May 6, 2016 and May 5, 2017 for future films. While unconfirmed, one of those dates may be reserved for a sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy. What is confirmed, though, is that a Guardians cartoon will indeed be coming to Disney XD, likely in the fall of 2015.

This is just hearsay, but the first official trailer for Guardians may drop as soon as this coming Tuesday. I'll update here as soon as I see it.

I loved Thor: The Dark World, but still must share the Honest Trailer for it.

Hmmm... know what? I might be actually interested in that Gotham TV show. I am more of a sucker for cop drama show Rather then "Costume character" vs "Costume villain" plus fan service for those who know where to look.

Yes, something that can bring more then just the nerd crowd is something i want. Have the regular cops figure out how to arrest Deadshot and they might get more then just DC fanboys watching the show. It doesn't always has to be about Batman.

Here's the 20 second teaser for Guardians of the Galaxy. The full trailer debuts tonight during Jimmy Kimmel. As soon as I see it online, I'll post it here.

Gotham might work.

Although honestly, I think they are trying to cover too many bases. It might be better if Wayne and Alfred are not in the show at all, and instead do a focus, sort of quasi-realism approach like The Wire between Gordon, the cops, and the mob in Gotham, with maybe a guest villian every so often.

I feel like Bruce Wayne might distract from the entire premise in the end.

I just hope it isn't like Agents of Shield, meaning it's not just a cop show with a slight superhero theme to it. I don't care about CSI in Gotham any more than I care about NCIS in Marvel.

Full trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy!

I was hoping to hear some voice work for Rocket and Groot, but besides that, everything looks amazing. August 1st can't get here fast enough. Sometime tomorrow, I'll try to get some still frames from the trailer posted.

Longo_2_guns said:
I just hope it isn't like Agents of Shield, meaning it's not just a cop show with a slight superhero theme to it. I don't care about CSI in Gotham any more than I care about NCIS in Marvel.
I do, however, would like to see commissioner Gordon make a pun at the start of every episode.

Also, even though we don't see much in the trailer, i am hype for this!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133