Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Paradox

Soaring Phoenix
i havent posted around here in quite sometime now. so i thought, why not slide back in with a topic on iron man 2?

im really looking forward to this film, perhaps even more-so than the first one. the suitcase armor is a welcome addition; it would be an inconvenience to rush back to the lab and step into the assembly machine each time you need to save the world.

whiplash (other than the name) appears to be an amalgamation of a few villians together but looks awesome. i was curious as to why black widow never spoke in any of the trailers until recently. would she have a russian accent?, i wondered. it would seem not, but i fully expect the film to end with her with said accent reporting back to her superiors. and war machine: yes please.

and so continues the road to the avengers movie. next year will give us thor and captain america, with the big team up coming in 2012. marvel also announced that they are considering doing movies with some of the lesser known hereos, such as luke cage, dr strange, ant-man, and, uh...dazzler.

so. thoughts, opinions and so-forth?

film looks good indeed.

butttttttt, i'm a bit worried. they're doing what ruins all comic book movie franchises. packing in too many charcters. whiplash. nick fury. black widow, and warmachine. usually not a good thing.

But the character list evens itself out atleast.

And as for the lesser know characters, I can see Luke and Strange...
but Dazzler?

Luke Cage directed by John Singleton has been talked about for forever, it ain't happening (or not with John Singleton). no way...

I thought Stan Lee was joking about Ant Man lol .. wow

I'm not overly excited about Ironman 2. I just want to see how they'll bring together the Avengers film. I'm still pretty upset about Sony choosing a new Spidey cast quite honestly. But what can you do :]

also, DC animated movies > Marvel animated movies. it's not even close.

I'm just waiting for the jonah hex movie. cowboys and zombies, fuck yeah.

though i wish the movie was more like the dcu comics rather than the vertigo titles. but we'll see i guess.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
film looks good indeed.

butttttttt, i'm a bit worried. they're doing what ruins all comic book movie franchises. packing in too many charcters. whiplash. nick fury. black widow, and warmachine. usually not a good thing.
Hey if Nick Furry, black widow,and warmachine are in it I deff have to see it. Three of my favorite marvel characters,AND if they are gonna make an avengers movie they should focus on making a captain america,thor,and miss marvel movie before they make all these sequels

Whiplash = Whiplash + Crimson Dynamo.
Iron Man 2 looks great.

Singleton's Luke Cage and Ray Park as Iron Fist have been in the works for two long. I hope they come out as Iron Fist is one of my favorite characters of all time. But if both films work, that could mean a Heroes for Hire film.

Dr. Strange could be badass if they did it well. Expect protests from Christian groups.

As Hank Pym was a founding member of the Avengers, he will get a movie. Whether he is the Ant-Man in the self-titled movie and not Scott Lang or Erin O'Grady has yet to be determined.

I hate the fact that the guy who played Johnny Storm is also playing Captain America... because that guy has zero dramatic range and it will be like Cap and Human Torch are the same fucking person, and that is just wrong.

I don't care that Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool and Green Lantern because they are two different universes.

I get the feeling Chris Evans just likes to be in comic book movies (F4, Cap, Push, The Losers). It doesn't help that he always plays the same slack-jawed, "sweet bro" character in every movie. It especially annoys me because I don't see the Captain being portrayed well by him.

Can't be too picky about a comic book movie. Oh wait, forgot, INTERNET.

but seriously, if you're looking for an actor with range to come out of the Marvel Studios stable, well, there's your problem.

flame on

i dunno, i guess im one of the few willing to give chris evans a shot as cap. i am a bit weary of the casting, but im willing to reserve judgment until i least see some footage of him in the role. i was, however, very pleased to see hugo weaving cast as red skull.

as for ant-man, id like to see that if they put it together. his multiple personalities could make him his own worst villian. plus you cant have hank pym without the wasp (another founder for future avenger films.).

Just out of curiosity, who would you guys actually want to see play captain america? I'd pick christian bale. Sure he was already batman but that was DC, also known as a whole other world!!!

Christian Bale would make an awful Captain America as he makes an awful Batman (I do enjoy the Batman movies, I just don't enjoy Bale's husky voice).

Mark Valley would have been the perfect Captain America. He looks like Steve Rogers, he was in the Army, and I get the sense that he could personify the greatest American Hero, far more so than the guy who played Johhny "Bro" Storm.

Chris_Crime said:
Can't be too picky about a comic book movie. Oh wait, forgot, INTERNET.

but seriously, if you're looking for an actor with range to come out of the Marvel Studios stable, well, there's your problem.

flame on

That's just the thing, if you don't get an actor with range, might as well pick an actor who fits the part.

A.K.A. Ryan McPartlin from Chuck.

That guy would be a sweet Cap.

And we have a right to be picky, we're the consumer. How would you feel if they added raisins to your favorite food? You'd be pissed and complain.

I agree with your choice in Captain America Trippy. I would want to see Nathan Fillion play someone. Psylocke for all I care, someone just needs to cast him.

Rakon said:
I agree with your choice in Captain America Trippy. I would want to see Nathan Fillion play someone. Psylocke for all I care, someone just needs to cast him.

Nathan Fillon would make a perfect Star-Lord. Unfortunately, I feat that would typecast him in science fiction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod