Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

If he does Stewart, I hope he is cranked with muscle atop muscle. If he is Adam, then he looks amazing for the part as is.

Or he could be the Marvel version of Hercules.

Considering Stewart is a Marine, it would make sense to have someone as big as Dwayne doing it.

Though I honestly hope they do Kyle Raynor just so that they have a hispanic hero on the roster. Plus, Kyle is the coolest Green Lantern.

Knowing a lot of military men, most of them are fit not ripped.

Also, Longo, I never knew Kyle was your favorite. I get so much shit from my friends for him being my favorite.

On a non-comic movie side note. Who is baffled by the news that WB and JKR are working on a Newt Scamander, Magical Beasts trilogy? As an owner of the book, I foresee a lot of writing having to go into making three movies. I see this as a plus in some ways, think of how hampered your enjoyment was by having your favorite parts left out of the movies and think of how much more precise the writing will have to be to build a direct to movie storyline. But I don't know, it also seems like JKR must want to buy a small moon and is looking for funding.

Your guys' take?

Was the book successful? I thought everyone agreed it was a cash-grab and said they wouldn't buy it.

My mom bought it for me for Christmas and yes, it's comical that a cash grab book is being turned into a cash grab movie. It's supposed to be set in the 1920s , seventy years prior to HP.

We already know that Ben Affleck's Batsuit in the Man of Steel sequel is to be inspired by comic artist Jim Lee's designs. But not much has been said about if Henry Cavill's Superman suit will have a new design. Well, it appears that it will & the first image of the redesign has surfaced. One aspect in the first film I kept noticing was the tuft of visible chest hair peeking up from above the collar. It looks like they're latching on to that & taking it a step further.
02205817-F525-4DE5-B46A-E159A17BCFF8_zps20ovcwle.jpg

I like it.

Also announced for the Man of Steel sequel is the casting of Michael Cera as The Riddler. I'm cool with that casting & look forward to seeing what he brings to the table for the part.
cerariddler.jpg

Here's an interview with Cera explaining why he took the role & how he plans to interpret the character.

Now, these are probably not real, right?

If that is the case then the other news I heard is likely not real either, regarding Keith David being cast as Thanos for Guardians of the Galaxy and future sequels.

In some real Riddler casting news, on Gotham, Cory Michael Smith will take on the role of Edward Nygma. He will be a guest star with an option to become a regular.
'Nygma is a brilliant young forensic scientist working for Gotham PD and a penchant for speaking in … rather cryptic language. Inquisitive, eccentric and outgoing — yet socially awkward — he wants to be liked, but he doesn’t quite know how.'
smith-riddler-gotham.jpg

On Arrow, the character Ravager will show up soon. In the interest of spoilers, I won't reveal who will be playing her.

Cobie Smulders will reappear in an episode of Agents of SHIELD as Maria Hill. Also set to return in the season finale is Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury (Highlight for spoiler). And goddamn that last episode was amazing.

Warner Bros will be adapting the Vertigo Comics series FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics (formally Collider) into a big screen film.
"FBP imagines a world where disturbances in the laws of physics are as common as weather, and necessitate forecasts about wormhole locations, momentary gravity losses, and entropy reversals. With much fanfare, the government creates a new bureaucratic organization to deal with quantum disturbances, the Federal Bureau of Physics. The story follows special agent Adam Hardy as he deals with internal departmental battles and increasingly dangerous and radical quantum disasters."

Although the first trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has already dropped, the film is still being worked on. In a bit of late stage casting, Tony Shalhoub and Johnny Knoxville are joining on as the voice actors for Splinter and Leonardo.
knoxville-shalhoub-tmnt.jpg

With Marc Webb saying he will not return to direct The Amazing Spider-Man 4, Sony is re-thinking their future film map. #4 had already been given a release date of May 4, 2018. But with Webb's departure after #3, Sony says that date will still be for a Spider-Man film, but not necessarily an "Amazing" Spider-Man film. How or if this affects the releases of the Venom and Sinister Six films is unknown.

Quicksilver (X-Men: Days of Future Past)
DOFP-image-1-4-11.jpg

Colossus vs future Sentinel
DOFP-image-3-4-11.jpg

I'd reported before that there were four contenders to play Doctor Doom in Fantastic Four. Well, one of them has been chosen. The new Victor von Doom will be played by Toby Kebbell (Rocknrolla).
kobbell-doc-doom.jpg

In a recent interview with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, he said he has a list on his wall that maps out Marvel films through 2028.

Matt Gerald (Escape Plan) will play an unspecified villain in Ant-Man. The actor has been part of the MCU already by playing White Power Dave in the Marvel One-Shot All Hail the King.

Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn talked a bit about where the film fits into the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
Gunn calls Thanos, who is only a small part of the film, "the head of the snake," confirming he's in the movie by saying that he'll be depicted in motion capture. What's curious is that Gunn also illustrates the pervading notion that this story is happening in the background of the Marvel universe by noting, "We're definitely connected to Avengers 3."

At Wizard World Comic Con in St Louis, a fan asked Nathan Fillion (who starred in James Gunn's Slither) if he was wanting to get a part in Guardians of the Galaxy. The actor replied, “Wanting to get a part…or maybe did.â€

If Nathan Fillion got the role of Richard Ryder (the last Nova Corps member, for the not so nerds) I would be a happy soul.

God darn it gang... i can't do it. Seriously, i can't. It's like i want to watch the new Xmen movie but every time i see pics or video of Quicksilver i get like turned off. I just keep looking at his hair and keep thinking it's some sort of cheap wig you find in a Halloween store.

I think i'll try to avoid pics and videos of him from now on so i can watch the film hyped.

Paradox said:
Although the first trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has already dropped, the film is still being worked on. In a bit of late stage casting, Tony Shalhoub and Johnny Knoxville are joining on as the voice actors for Splinter and Leonardo.
knoxville-shalhoub-tmnt.jpg
And I'm no longer watching this movie.

I agree about Quicksilver. My excitement has gone away fast. Hopefully he's just rushed in as a cameo and then sprints out of the movie. Otherwise I will quickly lose interest in what happens with him. How they ran that outfit past the director is beyond me. Speed.

I do like the choice for Doctor Doom, though. Rest easy, for I have given my approval.

Longo_2_guns said:
If Nathan Fillion got the role of Richard Ryder (the last Nova Corps member, for the not so nerds) I would be a happy soul.

Dude! That was exactly my thought!

As for Quicksilver, as far as I've heard, he's only used for a section of the film involving breaking Magneto out of prison. I keep thinking he was only written in because Joss Weadon announced he'd be in Age of Ultron and Fox wanted their version on screen first.

EDIT:
Came across this gem this morning and had to share here.
27977799-4880-49F1-A24F-28CB3BDE71BB_zpsj78y7eul.jpg

I agree entirely. I don't know how they'd do a Wonder Woman movie, but they should definitely try.

Just keep Zack Snyder away from it. I don't want it to be 300, but with Wonder Woman.

It's already made, it was called 300: rise of an empire.

And i thought i'd recall you, Longo, once said in the past posts here that no one cares about wonder-woman. Glad to see i was wrong or that ya changed stance on the matter.

No, I said that Wonder Woman sucks, and she really does. That's probably why they weren't planning it in the first place. But they should still definitely try since she is a huge, necessary icon for the Justice League.

And the other thing is since no one knows anything about Wonder Woman, they can make it as big or as small as they want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle