Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Scooped yes, but only because I like to type up the info for you guys and this thread myself rather than direct you elsewhere for the news.

Sony and Marvel Studios have officially announced a partnership that will bring Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Per the deal struck between Sony and Marvel Studios, Spider-Man will appear in an upcoming Marvel film (my bet is Captain America: Civil War) and Sony Pictures will release the next Spider-Man film on July 28, 2017. That film will be co-produced by Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige. Together, Marvel and Sony will collaborate on a new creative direction for Spidey. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films, but based on how the last two films were received, they'd be wise to absorb any creative input Marvel has.

It's still not clear if they'll perform another hard reboot of Spider-Man or keep with the two film's current continuity and do some heavy ret-conning. Also still uncertain (Optimus) is if Andrew Garfield is out or not. My guess is that they'll recast and do a soft reboot with some ret-conning.

I expect more details to be revealed soon and I'll update as I find them out.

Paradox said:
It's still not clear if they'll perform another hard reboot of Spider-Man or keep with the two film's current continuity and do some heavy ret-conning. Also still uncertain (Optimus) is if Andrew Garfield is out or not. My guess is that they'll recast and do a soft reboot with some ret-conning.
f6e6ec68_920e_472a_88f7_54897a0b1e9a.jpg

....so you're telling me there's a chance.........

I don't know anything about Capt. America: Civil War and why Spider-man would be needed. Please, tell me all of the info I need before I Google it.

In the comics, Spidey at first sided with Tony Stark for registration, unmasking himself on live TV. Later he switched sides and joined Cap.

All but certain now that they recast Spidey totally and trash the continuity of Amazing Spider-man 1 and 2. That's probably for the best, though Andrew Garfield definitely wasn't the biggest problem with those terrible movies.

I'd like if they had Peter played by an actually high school-aged kid, but I know that's unlikely.

UghRochester said:
But I liked Andrew Garfield, he wasn't a problem at all.

He was a pretty lame Peter Parker compared to Tobey Maguire...

Honestly, those new spider-man movies I felt like they tried too hard at being different, at adding conspiracy mystery to the saga where it didn't really belong. At it's heart it should be a kid struggling in doing the right thing; that's what appeals about Spider-Man.

Alright, it's being reported that Andrew Garfield is indeed out and Spider-Man will be recast.

Also, as a result of this news, Marvel has shifted release dates for a number of titles. Thor: Ragnarok will now hit four months later than planned on November 3, 2017 (from July 28, 2017). Black Panther, which was previously slotted for Thor's new date, will be delayed eight months, going to July 6, 2018. Captain Marvel will move to November 2, 2018, leaving Inhumans to move to July 12, 2019. Avengers: Infinity War, Parts 1 and 2 will keep their preset dates of May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019, respectively

Have you heard anything about deadpool coming out? That was supposed to come out in 09 I believe and then what? they could make that a killer movie

Deadpool is just a year away with a release date of February 12, 2016. Production starts in a few weeks. Ryan Reynolds will star. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the test footage that was released last summer.

Apparently Sony/Marvel is recasting Spiderman and the next movie will focus on his teenage years. Yay? Nay :(

I actually would have liked to see Garfield's Spiderman interacting with the Avengers crew.

I say yay. If they really want to go hardcore, just pick up exactly where The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ended and have the Rhino kill him. Then introduce Miles Morales played by Donald Glover.

Or start the next Spider-Man film with Uatu saying "over in this other universe..." or something.

I say nay to teenage Spidey. Actually I thought that was the whole point with Garfield, something based on the Ultimate universe which was the young Spidey, right? The Amazing Spidey, even Spectacular Spidey comics (of my youth) didn't star a teenaged Peter Parker at all. The guy was a full grown adult photographer getting his freak on with Mary Jane, a camera, and a lot of webbing (seriously).

What is this obsession with seeing Spidey forever young? adult spider is far more interesting. Spider-Teen can go fuck himself. Make everyone a teen while you're at it. Parody awaits.
avengers assemble on skateboards. Loki nightlifes as a tagger, his iconic name is scrawled across downtown metropoli everywhere, a pitchforked tail for an 'i'.
dr. octopus' dreams of becoming a doctor will have to wait, he's still working at a pizza hut.

Yeah I have nothing against teenage characters in movies but I feel this has been done to death. Plus I really feel like it would be a lot more enjoyable to see an adult, more mature Spiderman/Parker during the time of the Civil War.

Kinda agree with Optimus Prime. I really enjoyed the adventures of adult Spider-Man in the comics.

Teenage Spider-Man is interesting too but they can't rule out adult Spidey.

Optimus-Crime said:
avengers assemble on skateboards. Loki nightlifes as a tagger, his iconic name is scrawled across downtown metropoli everywhere, a pitchforked tail for an 'i'.
dr. octopus' dreams of becoming a doctor will have to wait, he's still working at a pizza hut.

I would pay to see that ONLY if they all do the Bartman.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133