Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Wow, Lien, way to sound a little douchey.

The first official main cast image from Guardians of the Galaxy has been released...
82c49428-6581-438f-90ce-68154573c731_zpsdbb8084e.jpg

(If you want to see the big-ass version, click here.)

...as well as the plot synopsis for the film:
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team–the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand - with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.

That image looks to be taken from the footage shown at Comic Con earlier this year. I can't wait to see a proper trailer for this. The film drops on August 1, so we should be getting at least a teaser soon.

In case you missed the Comic Con footage last time I posted it, here it is again.

Also a repost from summer: Peter Quill's Star-Lord helmet and guns.
starlord-gear.jpg

And over at Cracked, the winner of a recent photoplasty contest made up an image of Bradley Cooper mo-capping Rocket Raccoon
229595_slide.jpg

Stan Lee will star in Stan Lee's Mighty 7, an animated film that will debut on the Hub cable network on February 1st. Lee will play an animated version of himself helping guide a new superhero team comprised of alien heroes.
Here's the trailer.

Here's the first look (more of a glimpse really) of Evan Peters as Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
x-men-dofp-peters-quicksilver.jpg

I think they're taking the 'silver' part of the name a little to literal.

In a recent interview, Bryan Singer said the 2016 film X-Men: Apocalypse will deal with the origins and history of mutant-kind.

The next Marvel One Shot will be called All Hail the King. Sir Ben Kingsley will reprise his role from Iron Man 3 in the 14 minute short. It will be attached to the disc release of Thor: The Dark World
p872.jpg

The animated film Big Hero 6 from Marvel and Disney has been given a release date of November 7th, 2014 and has gained a co-director in Chris Williams (Bolt)

DC has had a long gestating film project based on Shazam and even had a director attached in Peter Segal (Grudge Match, a bunch of comedies), but Segal said recently that with the success of Man of Steel, the film likely will not move forward. Warner Bros and DC feel that the characters of Superman and Shazam are too similar ability-wise to fit in the same film universe.
Personally, I'd still love to see Billy Batson (and Black Adam) on film. Maybe one day with those lower-budget films DC plans on doing twice a year they can still bring him in.
Superman kills Shazam

Dwayne Johnson revealed in a recent tweet that he's joining with DC for a still-as-of-yet- unrevealed project:
'We just had a big meeting w/ Warner Bros CEO re: @DCComics 2014 we will partner up and create the cool bad assert. #RockTalk @ActionTilson
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) December 31, 2013'

Speculation is running rampant on what the project may be. Feature film role, voice role in animated film? The rumor mill is already pegging him as the John Stewart Green Lantern, but it's still just that: rumors.

It was reported before that Paul Rudd was set to play Hank Pym in Ant-Man. It seems that is not the case.

While Rudd will still star, he will share the screen with Michael Douglas who has officially been cast as Hank Pym.

Since Douglas is Pym, it looks like Rudd will be Scott Lang. While I don't think that's official, that would be my assumption.
douglas-antman-pym.jpg

Just his predecessor. I'm not sure what all the butthurting is about.

Hopefully Barton makes a cameo and gets turned into Giant-Man. His Hawkeye has been a boring part of the Avengers so far.

used44 said:
Hopefully Barton makes a cameo and gets turned into Giant-Man. His Hawkeye has been a boring part of the Avengers so far.
Yeah, I love the half-hearted attempt to make him a member of the team by tying him into romantic knots with Black Widow, meanwhile they've been featuring close-ups of Scarlett Johansson's ass in nearly every Marvel movie they've made.

Scott Lang came in and stole Pym's tech and that ifs his whole character. Meanwhile Hank Pym is a fun mad scientist who knows that despite all the shit he does and mistakes he makes he can't ever quit being a hero. Pym is great, and Lang is not. I'm sure they will still do something good with it, but now I'm more skeptical than before. It's basically like if they made Captain America about Bucky Barnes instead of Steve.

And I find it funny that they are promoting Black Widow more than Hawkeye, but they both suck.

I... am very ok with that last bit of news from Bret to tell the truth. He could pull it off if he learned his lesson from Lone ranger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehboob