Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

The character of Barry Allen will be introduced over the next two episodes of Arrow. Rather than introduce a fully-costumed Flash in episode 20 of Arrow as was previously planned, producers will instead create a stand-alone pilot for the character. The new show, if picked up for a series, will still take place in the same universe as Arrow.
Also for Arrow, actress Katrina Law (Spartacus: War of the Damned) will show up next year as Nyssa al Ghul.
Later in the season, Oliver gives up the green eye paint for a domino mask.
arrow-domino-mask.jpg

In last week's episode a character at the end was called Cyrus. As in Cyrus Gold. If you're unfamiliar with that name, google it to find out who he's more commonly know as...

Stan Lee is teaming with Avi Arad (involved in most Marvel films, shows and cartoons over the past two decades) to develop a film based on brand new character created by Lee. Color me intrigued.

Apparently not just content with The Walking Dead, AMC looks like it may be ordering a pilot based on the DC/Vertigo comic Preacher. Of all people, who may be involved? Seth Rogen. He tweets: "Looks like about seven of years of hard work are about to pay off. I may get to bring one of my favourite stories ever to life.""Arseface. John Wayne, The Saint of Killers."

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon will serve as producers on the movie adaption of Wildstorm and DC Comics' Sleeper. The story is set in a "noir universe where a few people are spontaneously developing superpowers. It follows Holden Carver, a man who can absorb pain and pass it on to others, as he infiltrates a criminal organization on behalf of a law enforcement agency. His allegiances come into question, especially when he falls for the alluring killer, Miss Misery." No director is attached yet.

Screenwriter David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight) is said to be developing a movie based on Neil Gaiman's Sandman with support from comics writer Geoff Johns. More details as they develop.

Chris Cooper had this to say about Norman Osborn in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. "'Spider-Man 2′ was an introduction to Norman, and, you'll see, an extremely odd introduction, which apparently will lead to something more."
That, along with a sneak peek of the following poster, really makes me feel that the third or fourth films will involve some version of the Sinister Six.
spidey-2-poster-tease-small.jpg

I had figured Rhino might have been a cross-species in this film, but judging by that poster, it looks to be a robotic suit, perhaps inspired by the new Rhino that popped up in the comics a few years ago. And who's that up in the sky in the background...
The trailer for the movie drops next week on December 5th.

Some costume designs that were considered for the last film were recently revealed. They look cool in their own ways, but I'm glad they went the way they did. These all reflect a Spider-Man who can maybe afford more elaborate costumes than a rookie high school superhero could. Definitely feels like they were reading some 2099 when they came up with these though.
54A2AD11-B02E-48DE-BE2A-CBBEA2FB5AB4_zpserpzu5za.png

F0DED0DA-B5DF-4DC4-A747-0294299B2EEC_zpspz1p2vw6.png

0754B570-24B4-43A2-B9CE-674573D50777_zpsioeojfxk.png

Sony Pictures Entertainment Co-Chairman Amy Pascal teased the studio's plans to make ample use of their stable of Spidey characters, saying: “We are going to access Marvel’s full world of Spider-Man characters, so be on the lookout for new heroes and villains."
Sony Pictures Entertainment chief Michael Lynton elaborated a bit: “We do very much have the ambition about creating a bigger universe around Spider-Man. There are a number of scripts in the worksâ€

There's too many twists happening in Arrow now that's making it either good or bad. I thought Count Vertigo was overdosed and completely brain dead from what occurred last season.

That doesn't look like Chris Cooper's face. In fact, it looks like it may be Andrew Garfield's face, probably as a placeholder image.

Here's the full hi-res banner, and yes, I'm aware it's a page stretcher.
the-amazing-spider-man-2-banner-hr.jpg

One thing I didn't notice before about the Rhino armor is that it appears to be a quadruped. I bet it can alternate from all fours to bipedal. The Russian clip up there doesn't work anymore, but the proper trailer drops in a couple days.

looks cool for sure.

I don't know. I was not a fan of the first Garfield movie at all, so i'm hoping they do a good job in this one to win me back.

Yeah well they're obviously for kids so what do you expect. Moreso than the Marvel movies, even.

Yeah, with Spider's fans in Asia the movies have to be much less intense when compared to Marvel/Disney.

I'm glad to hear that they're working with Disney because it's in Marvel's best interest to get all their characters together, even if someone gets a cut for how often their character and actor is speaking on screen. I'm sure if Mickey Mouse was like "yo, PlayStation, Avengers 3 needs Spider-Man, we'll give you 50% of the gross for the percentage of screen time this twerp Garfield gets in the flick."

I assume after Sony accepts, Mickey Mouse will turn to one of his lawyers and says "which is only gonna be like 10 minutes because the other three hours are gonna be all about Shehulk's ass," before puffing a cigar.

Gal Gadot (Fast and the Furious franchise) has been cast as Wonder Woman in the Man of Steel sequel

Zach Snyder had this to say:
“Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.â€

I honestly think it's a little too soon to suddenly throw a bunch of heroes into the next Man of Steel movie. It's like they're trying to be like the Avengers but uh, quicker.

Master_Craig said:
It's like they're trying to be like the Avengers but uh, quicker.

I don't think you're to far from the truth in that regard, Craig. Warner Bros sees what Marvel has accomplished over the past several years and wants a piece of that pie. That being said, I'm willing to bet that Batman's and Wonder Woman's presence in the film will be in support roles, although I'm sure Batman will have the larger presence as the grizzled old hero mistrustful of the new superpowered alien in town.

Look at it this way: having Batman and Diana introduced in this film means that when they do get their own movies, they'll already be established without having to do an obligatory origin film. In those films, other JLA members will likely be introduced to set up the inevitable Justice League film I'm sure we'll get in a few years.

Also, I'm intrigued enough that I'll buy a ticket and have my butt in a seat opening day. And that's really the bottom line of any movie.

I liked how they introduced The Flash in Arrow, but man does that ending of last night's episode make me want more of it.

I had the same concern Bret, but I'm hoping a lesson has been learned from history. At least these three villains have a common tie in Oscorp.

If the pic of the Vulture harness and Ock appendages wasn't enough foreshadowing, there's also these 'sinister' looking doors.
ASM-8-image-12-5.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the new Harry Osborn. Not like James Franco was any better but at least he looked the part. This Osborn doesn't look like a spoiled rich kid, just emo-ish.

Effects look amazing though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NelsonYasir