Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Longo_2_guns said:
Paradox said:
Mark Wahlberg is playing Aquaman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

null_zpscf46a889.png

Green_Lantern said:
How does Marky Mark resemble Aquaman in any way?
Wahlberg actually isn't from Boston originally, but rather Atlantis. True story.

Still haven't had a chance to watch Arrow. Maybe tomorrow. Slow news week guys, so here's all I got.

In news that should be no surprise, Agents of SHIELD has received a full season pickup by ABC.

Want to read the script for the Justice League film we almost had in 2007? Check it out here as well as some of the questionable casting choices.

Testing for leading roles in The Fantastic Four has begun. Actors and actresses testing so far are :
Mr. Fantastic: Kit Harington (Game of Thrones), Miles Teller (The Spectacular Now), and Jack O’Connell (Skins)
Sue Storm: Kate Mara, Saoirse Ronan, and Margot Robbie (Neighbours)
Johnny Storm: Michael B. Jordan (Chronicle)

It appears they're going the Ultimate route and making them younger. Bear in mind, no official casting is occurring yet. Some or none of those listed may be cast. No testing is listed for Ben Grimm. I'm betting post transformation, Thing will be CG. Terry Crews has recently become vocal about wanting the part.

Todd McFarlane has offered up details on the budget and tone of the coming Spawn reboot. In a recent interview McFarlane told how he wanted to keep things low budget. "It’s a $10 million, R-rated supernatural movie that takes all the superhero stuff out of it. So for people who want to go see an Iron Man redo, that’s not it. For people who like The Conjuring, then it’s going to be right up that alley.â€

Lien said:
The human torch will be played by the guy from the wire?
...I'm ok with it!

Just testing so far, even though he's been rumored for the part for months. A fun drinking game is to get on the comic message boards with Jordan/Storm as the subject and take a shot every time someone says "I'm not racist, but...".

Yeah, I saw the first episode. Really good hook to start off with. I'll have time for the second episode sometime this weekend.

Banking on the success of Agents of SHEILD, Marvel is doubling down on superhero related television projects. They plan on developing 60 hours worth of programming spread out among four shows and a miniseries. They most likely candidates to get the programming are digital networks such as Netflix or Amazon. I think this could be a great way to build projects around lesser known characters that wouldn't be likely to get their own big screen film, but Marvel should take care not to over saturate itself.

Filming is underway for the Man of Steel sequel. A scene was shot at East Los Angeles College during halftime of the ELAC and Victor Valley College game. For twenty minutes, it was Gotham City University vs Metropolis State University.
bat-image-1.jpg

Who wants to be in a comic book film really bad? Tom Hanks!
"No, they don't ask me. I keep trying to… come on. I can do it. I can do it. Even let me play a bad guy. Let me play the bad guy against Batman. I'll do anything - come on, call me. They never ask! What do I gotta do?"
He then continues by saying that he strictly wants to be a major hero or villain, and doesn't want to be a character like Alfred:
"God, I want to throw a shield at somebody. I want that. I don't want to play the guy in the suit who tells these superheroes what's going on. I don't want to be that guy. 'Well, you know Batman... Captain America, Iron Man, here's what we've discovered'. I don't want to be that guy. I want to get in there, I want to play The Flash or something like that. They'll never give me a chance."
I would LOVE to see Hanks in some type of comic film role. Give him Darkseid, Kang, Doctor Doom or even the original Flash, Jay Garrick.

Guardians of the Galaxy lead Chris Pratt has shared some comments about Rocket Raccoon and how James Gunn is bringing him to life:
“He has been tortured his whole life and no one else likes him, so he’s lonely and he’s angry and it’s like, there are all these elements to the character. You sort of forget about that, you wouldn’t think about, and hopefully will come to life. I think it will and that’s why they hired a really good actor to do the role. I could not be more excited that Bradley Cooper is voicing Rocket Raccoon, it’s a great character. It’s probably the best character in the movie, just because it’s not what you would expect.â€

The first was good. I liked it. This has a lot to live up to in my opinion. That being said, the first is a Druid piece where they could get cutesy on things. This one does not have that option.

That looks great!

And I know it's very annoying when people complain about the costumes, but I don't get why they always black out every suit. Let cap have some red white n blue you buttholes.

used44 said:
That looks great!

And I know it's very annoying when people complain about the costumes, but I don't get why they always black out every suit. Let cap have some red white n blue you buttholes.
Because it's gonna have a "darker" tone. I agree, though. Cap should proudly wear the flag, because he's Captain goddamn America.

used44 said:
I read elsewhere that the black is like his "back-from-the-dead" outfit or some shit like that, but that's really just bull shit code for "it's more marketable"

Some news for us Arrow fans. We've already seen Summer Glau this season. Now another Firefly alum will be showing up. The former Dr Simon Tamm, Sean Maher, will arrive later this season playing Shrapnel. The comic version of Shrapnel is actually made of metal and has super strength, so I'm curious to see the new take on the character. Here's hoping Maher and Glau share a scene.
sean_maher_shrapnel_a_l.jpg

Check out some fan-shot footage from the football scene filmed for the Man of Steel sequel.

Sir Ben Kingsley said (and Marvel films president Kevin Feige confirmed) that he's not done with Marvel just yet: "It's a secret Marvel project. I'm not allowed to say any more, you're going to have to wait and see."
My bet is that he's doing a One-Shot for an upcoming disc release, most likely for when Thor: The Dark World gets a home release.

When I read that James Spader was cast as the villain in The Avengers: Age of Ultron, I had assumed that he was going to be just a voice. Then Spader said he was in preparation trying to figure out "how the hell I’m gonna fit in this Ultron character!" In an interview with Huffington Post, Kevin Feige has confirmed that Spader is more than just a voice. "Well, I think it will be more than a voice role -- we'll be capturing his face and his body to create a whole performance. He's a very unique and incredibly exciting and unpredictable actor. And Ultron in the comics is a robot, but what's cool about him in the comics -- and certainly how Joss Whedon is interpreting him for the movie -- is that he is much more than just a robot. That he's infused with much character. And I don't want to say too much, but you can imagine James Spader will be very dynamic in his portrayal of this character.
HP: So he won't be doing a robot voice, I assume.
KF: [Laughs] "We did not hire James Spader to do a robot voice."
I am intrigued.

I've posted before about how Marvel films regained the rights to Daredevil, Blade, Ghost Rider and Punisher. Will any of them factor into the Cinematic Universe? More from Kevin Feige: "We’re trying to figure out what to do with Daredevil now. Punisher could show up at one point. You know, once we get characters back into the Marvel fold we don’t want to do something right away, we want to do the smart thing at the smart time."
In my last update, I told how Marvel is going to do 60 hours of new programming between four new series and a miniseries. A Punisher film may not fit well into the film continuity going right now (it'd have to be rated R), so I say devote one of those shows to Frank Castle and sell it to HBO. It could still be set in the same film universe, but with the freedom to be what The Punisher should be.

Feige continues to be a wealth of information, this time on the subject of a much anticipated character debut:
"Doc Strange, as I've been saying for years, is a movie I believe we should make -- we're just figuring out how to make it a great movie. It is in active development right now. Whether that's one of the movies we announce for 2016 or 2017, we have to see. I think it'll be the middle of next year before we announce officially what the post Ant-Man films will be."

I'll leave you with a big potential spoiler for Thor: The Dark World's end credits teaser and how director Alan Taylor isn't really happy about it. Highlight to read.
Bleeding Cool asked Alan Taylor if he filmed the mid-credits scene for Thor: The Dark World, and he responded by saying, "I absolutely did not. I am very happy to not take responsibility." Very happy not to take responsibility? That doesn't sound good. The interview continues with the site asking Taylor if James Gunn directed it, and it's pretty obvious that Alan Taylor isn't pleased with the scene in his movie.
Bleeding Cool: So was that James Gunn?
Alan Taylor: I wouldn’t blame it on James Gunn.
BC: Blame?
AT: Er… I wouldn’t attribute it to James Gunn… it’s clearly his sets and his characters…
BC: So you’re not quite comfortable with it?
AT: I am very happy not to take responsibility for that…
BC: It’s a different tone for sure, huh?
AT: It’s a different tone. I would have shot it differently. But I think it’s cool that it reaches out and touches that other universe. That universe is coming. The Guardians universe is really cool and wacky… but that sequence in the credits, I would say, is the only part of the movie where I’m happy to give the credit away.
Bleeding Cool also talked to Kevin Feige, and he confirmed that James Gunn did direct the mid-credits scene, and it was filmed "within the last three to four weeks."

I for one can't wait to see it in a couple of weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011