Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

In Arrow season 2, kung-fu master Bronze Tiger will appear played by Michael Jai White.
tumblr_mt8579gl9z1qi8oc5o1_500.png

Also on Arrow this season will be the mad scientist Dr Anthony Ivo played by Dylan Neal (Percy Jackson).
818600-ivo_2.jpg

The comic-inspired TV shows keep coming. NBC is putting together a show based on the DC character John Constantine. If you're not familiar with the character, Constantine is a cynical British occult detective who defends the world from dark forces, including influences on humanity from heaven and hell. The show will be written and produced by David S. Goyer and Daniel Cerone.

Awhile back, a big screen version of Marvel's Runaways was in the early stages of planning, then things started building towards The Avengers and it went on the back burner. The screenplay has already been written by Drew Pearce (co-writer Iron Man 3) and Marvel still has interest in the project. No greenlight has been given yet, but it could be a potential Phase 3 (or beyond) project. If you're unfamiliar with Runaways, the comics are about a group of kids who discover that their parents are super villains, and use their inherited powers to battle them and others who threaten the safety and security of the world.

Like Ugh already posted, Fox is going to do a show called Gotham based on Detective James Gordon. It will be about his earlier days with the Gotham PD before he met Batman, who as of right now will not be part of the show. Bruno Heller (The Mentalist) has made a commitment to the series and will oversee the project.

Want some insight as to why the 1970s Doctor Strange movie wasn't quite as terrible as history remembers it? Well read on...

Wonder Woman is one of those characters I'd like to see successfully brought to the big screen one day, but so far no one can seem to get together a decent script or screenplay. The way I see it, if Marvel can make a successful Thor film, DC should be able to do it with Diana. I posted one cool WW fan film before, but I saw another one today that shows her both in man's world and also defending Themyscira. Take notice DC and Warner Bros.

A rumor that I excluded from my weekend update is that a casting call has gone out for the Superman/Batman film for a 'physically strong' woman in her mid 20s to early 30s. Some sites are speculating that the role is for a Wonder Woman appearance. While that would fall in line with DC's ultimate plans for a Justice League movie, my bet is that they are looking for a Mercy Graves to compliment Lex Luthor.

EDIT: I didn't realize Ugh posted the same short film in the awesome stuff thread until after I posted this. Guess we both had WW on the mind tonight.

The big difference between Wonder Woman and Thor is that it's possible to make Thor into a good character.

Also, have they confirmed a Lex Luthor yet?

No confirmation on Lex yet, but I'm assuming he'll appear. The three villians that come to my mind for the Man of Steel sequel are Luthor, Brainiac or Darkseid. I'm guessing one or two of those may appear, with Darkseid being the DC universe's 'Thanos'.

I haven't even watched Agents of Shield. Never seen an episode of Arrow. Honestly, I don't believe that what I love about comic movies or even the comics themselves can be translated very well to TV. I loved some animated series when I was growing up but I think TV has become sooooo fuuuucking cheeeeeeeap lately. Like everything is extremely cheaply produced, or reality TV in some form or another, a fucking game show or talent competition.

AND THEY'RE CANCELING FUTURAMA ALL OVER AGAIN

end rant.

I posted before how the comic series Nemesis was being adapted for film. Comic writer Mark Millar is heaping huge praise upon the script. If you're unfamiliar with Nemesis, imagine if billionaire Bruce Wayne instead became a villain intent on bringing down Gotham.
null_zpse2b9128c.png

Paul Giamatti says that he will also appear in The Amazing Spider-Man 3. I think a Sinister Six appearance is going to be an absolute for either the end of the third (as a credits teaser) or for the fourth film.

Neither of the two following castings have been confirmed by Marvel, but they're not refuting it either.

After months of rumors, many sites are reporting that Aaron Taylor-Johnson has now been cast as Quicksilver for The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Aaron-Taylor-Johnson-quicksilver-600x406.jpg

To go with that is this interview Samuel L. Jackson had with The Wall Street Journal.
“I don’t think we begin shooting before March of next year. I know we’re shooting in London, that James Spader is Ultron and going to be the bad guy, and that we added Ms. [Elizabeth] Olsen, but I don’t know what she’s doing, if she’s on the inside or the outside. I haven’t seen a script.â€

Damn I love Elizabeth Olsen. Great casting. Actually I think she's too good for superhero movies but I thought the same thing about RDJ and was wrong. Good actors only help comic movies, I'm learning.

So how about Arrow season 2? Shaping up to be a great season. ( First off, I really enjoying the origin being told in parts of episodes rather than just one full episode. Glad they're continuing to do that. When Diggle and Felicity arrived on the island, makes you wonder who's mask that was. You can assume it's Slades, but could it also be his betraying partner? We now know where that bow came from. Felicity is always changing her tech. Loving Red Hood is finally getting some action. Most likely going to get more action and eventually team of with Green Arrow. Speaking of which, they're still not calling him Green Arrow. Hopefully, because he's actually going to attempt to serve justice without killing, they'll call him Green Arrow in the next episode. I take it Oliver will be seeing his mom and Walter as financial advisors? Most importantly at the end of the episode, that has got to be Black Canary.)

Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor would be a brilliant move. After seeing him evolve as Walter White I can totally picture him as Supe's baldy bad guy.

Yeah, Ugh, I was pleasantly surprised with the start of Season 2. I also like that he had a couple of trick arrows in that episode.

Yeah, probably fake.

If it is real...well...last airbender was a travesty I hear because of clunky exposition and things like that. Hopefully he can do better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011