Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Lien said:
Now the question is... will it be over the top grunty american accent like in most over the top action films or cockney downtown abey British accent like in the cartoon and Marvel VS capcom?

I think the cockney would be awesome, but I expect Gunn and Cooper will work out thier own take on the voice.

Todd McFarlane has the gears moving for a new Spawn movie:
"[The producers] want me to deliver the script by the end of the year," he said, "which would basically mean we'd be shooting next year. So, that's the goal right now."
"I think it's a quick shoot," McFarlane explained. "It's not going to be a giant budget with a lot of special effects, it’s going to be more of a horror movie and a thriller movie, not a superhero one. I’ve got so many people phoning now that I’ve got to get it done. I’ve made some promises to people this year."
McFarlane also says he has several Academy Award-winning actors interested in the project. If production does happen next year, we can expect to see the new Spawn film in a crowded 2015.

Here's an early animatic from the development of the first Avengers film. If you pay close attention to the 0:17 and 2:28 marks, you'll see where Joss Weadon had intended The Wasp to be a part of the film. He ultimately cut her, saying he tried to write her in, but could not make it work. Here's hoping Edgar Wright has Janet van Dyne in mind for Ant-Man.

When the sequel for Man of Steel starts filming early next year, the city that will be the stand in for Metropolis and Gotham City will be Detroit.
detroit-superman2.jpg

Here's a pretty cool fan-made trailer for the Man of Steel sequel that assumes Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor.
Maybe he flew too close to the sun.

used44 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Probably because Wonder Woman sucks.

Seriously though, do you not remember when those clips from the aborted tv show appeared on youtube? God, it was horrendously bad. So bad. Wonder woman sucks.

Also, in typical fashion, Bryan Cranston is denying having been cast as Lex Luthor.

NickKmet said:
used44 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Probably because Wonder Woman sucks.

Seriously though, do you not remember when those clips from the aborted tv show appeared on youtube? God, it was horrendously bad. So bad. Wonder woman sucks.

Also, in typical fashion, Bryan Cranston is denying having been cast as Lex Luthor.

If you guys want a cool Wonder Woman film, here you go.

As for the Cranston/Lex rumors, I'll say it again: the website that first 'reported' the story is known for spreading false leads and rumors. The very same article said that Matt Damon might play Aquaman or Martian Manhunter.

I'm not saying they couldn't be right on this occasion, I'd welcome that casting for Luthor. But unless, Cranston, Snyder or WB says otherwise, I wouldn't believe it.

Another slow comic news week, so here's what little news I have plus some rumors and funny vids to round it out.

I usually don't post movie posters, but I thought this one of Christopher Eccleston as Malekith looked pretty cool.
null_zpsb654d815.jpg

I've also gotten to where I usually don't report on rumors anymore, but I read this one and actually found it funny. To summarize, some forum user claims to know a couple of producers involved with the still un-officially announced Justice League film, and they say they want a comedy relief character in the film. So who these alleged producers are looking at is David Tennent as Plastic Man, but remember, rumor. I actually think Plastic Man on his own would make for a good and funny movie. His powers are just outrageous, a clear example of Golden Age comic writing at it's finest. (How's our hero get out of this week's jam? Give him a new power to overcome it!) I'd love to see Edgar Wright tackle this character.

Katee Sackhoff said that she may or may not have met with Marvel/Disney for talks about a spot in a future Marvel film, saying, "there's been some stuff going on" and "a lot of checking of availability for the first quarter of next year."

If she does appear in a Marvel film, the role that immediately comes to mind is that of Carol Danvers, aka Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel.

Playing off that, Marvel film head Kevin Feige recently said, "There's obviously a drumbeat that is banging louder and louder that we want a female lead superhero. We have strong female characters in our films from Black Widow to Pepper Potts to Peggy Carter and you never know. Maybe there's an offshoot film with one of them. Or Captain Marvel, you know?"

I would be A-OK with Sackhoff as Danvers if it were to happen.
sackhoff-marvel-banner.jpg

sackhoff-as-ms-marvel.jpg

Honest trailer for Iron Man 3. If you haven't seen the film yet,
let it be known the video is full of spoilers.

And Iron Man starring 'Mark Wahlberg'.

I think it would still mostly work. Captain Danvers is stationed at her base when it's reported something crashed nearby. She and Dr Walter Lawson are dispatched to investigate what ends up being a Kree ship. The pilot isn't happy about being discovered and attacks. Dr Lawson is really Mar-Vell in disguise and fights back. The ship is critically damaged and explodes. Mar-Vell shields Danvers from most of the blast, but while recovering, she finds herself occasionally floating off her bed and breaking off doorknobs by accident. And then she fights Immortus or Yon-Rogg or something, I'm not a screenwriter. Now you have another strong female character for Avengers 3.

Just an idea of how it could be done anyway.

Grant Gustin (Glee, 90210) will play Barry Allen/The Flash in three episodes of Arrow's upcoming season, the third episode being a backdoor pilot for a Flash tv show.
Do we have any Glee or 90210 watchers in GR that may be able to say if this is good casting or not?
allen-flash-grant.jpg

In a recent interview about The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Jamie Foxx was asked by Total Film about the possibility of his version of Max Dillon/Electro being joined by five other super-villains in the third and fourth entries in the series. Foxx's reply? "Yes, they actually talked about it, the Sinister Six. So, fingers crossed, because when you think about it, electricity never dies, it just goes to a different place."

Like it or not, Ben Affleck is the new Batman. To that I reiterate two things: He'll play Batman in the Man of Steel sequel; it's not a full on Batman film. Think of it as training wheels for Affleck playing the role. And two, I still say give the man a chance. But another actor was also up for the role: Josh Brolin. When asked if he'd been approached about the part, Brolin revealed that "We did. I didn't have conversations about it, but Zack, that was part of his idea. It just didn't turn out. It's OK. It is OK. You know, another scenario might have worked better, but I'm happy for Ben."
But what Brolin is less happy about is the now-infamous public outcry after Affleck's casting.
"I've never seen such a global reaction in my life. I feel for him, truly. I would not want to be him right now. The reaction becomes so personal. It's like, 'Fuck this guy, I wish he was dead.' And you're like, 'What? Dude, seriously? This guy is just working like you are. He's doing the same thing you are. He's trying to make the best choices he can. I want him to kick ass, and I want everyone to love it and kind of eat their words." Personally, I reflect what Brolin's saying.
null_zpsb55248e6.jpg

For a few days before the official casting, there were rumors of Paul Bettany's JARVIS potentially being the voice of Ultron in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Joss Whedon clears up that it was never in the cards.
“(James) Spader was my first and only choice. He’s got that hypnotic voice that can be eerily calm and compelling, but he’s also very human and humorous. Ultron is not Hal (from 2001: A Space Odyssey). Spader can play all of the levels. He’s the guy to break The Avengers into pieces. Muwahaha.â€

Brolin would have been better. I don't get how studios execs and other powers in Hollywood could say anything about fans getting carried away in their reactions. This kind of stuff is exactly what they want. They know the diehard fans will still pay the big ticket prices, they know the masses will still flood in due to the so-called "controversy." It's all part of the show. :-/

That unused Wolverine prop looks so awesome!

As for Ben Affleck being the new Batman, I dunno aye, I just don't see it. :/

I said this before, but Affleck did good as Daredevil and will do really well as Batman, i'm sure. Hell, its not like the internet is always right anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011