Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Slow news week this week. I think all the studios blew their wads at Comic-Con.

Director/writer Rob Cohen (The Fast and the Furious, XXX) will be bringing comic book heroine Razor to the big screen. Razor had a lot of crossovers with The Crow and her own series that lasted 154 issues. The comic story centers on a young girl whose family is slaughtered and who then becomes the vigilante Razor, aka Nicole Mitchell for the long razor-like knives she wears on her arms. She eventually finds out that her sister is alive and works as an assassin for the man who killed her father.

Warner Bros. has hired a writer for a new series that will take place in Christopher Nolan's Batman universe and be centered on the Gotham Police Department. It's to be set sometime between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. The series would focus on Gotham's finest trying to battle crime and corruption during Batman's time away from crime fighting. It's possible that the series might be inspired by the comic series Gotham Central. There's no word on what network it would be on, but my bet is the CW. I can already picture story arcs with villains like Riddler and Black Mask.

Low-res trailer for Amazing Spider-Man 2 that was shown at Comic-Con.

I don't think so. If this show happens, I'm sure Agents will already have at least a year on it, plus while Agents will take place in a superpowered world focused on the high level agents that deal with cases related to such, a Gotham PD show would be set in a grounded, non-super world. I imagine it would be a police procedural that happens to take place in Gotham City and could feature stories involving realistic takes on villains from Batman's rogues gallery.

I know zero about this movie, but I just saw a pic of Glenn Close as...something. Here it is!

article-0-1B3FCA92000005DC-631_634x489.jpg

So huh... is glenn close the half turian half volcan or is she reprising her role as Albert knobs in the background there?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles release date was to be June 6th, 2014, but it's being pushed back to August 8th, primarily because Transformers 4 also releases in June and they didn't want the two Michael Bay films to interfere with each other's sales. However, the August 8th date puts it just one week before Guardians of the Galaxy. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

A blueprint for X-Men: Days of Future Past's Sentinels
sentinel-blueprint.jpg

And their creator, Bolivar Trask
null_zpsb3070b63.jpg

Some artifacts from the past.
xmendofpartifacts-570x427.jpg

To compliment the pic C_nate posted, here's a shot that shows some more of the aliens running across a bridge.
GoTG-set-3.jpg

Vin Diesel has pretty much confirmed that he will voice Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy. There's still no official word from either him or Marvel, but in a recent interview with the LA Times, the reporter came right out and asked, "Why Groot?". Vin replied, "Because I'm an actor and I can do what I want" and then talked about how both he and Marvel wanted each other, but he didn't want to commit six months to a shoot. He said that they came to an arrangement that would work. He also changed his Facebook pic to a picture of Groot, but then promptly changed it to something else. And his IMDb page lists him as Groot in Guardians. These could all be red-herrings, but I don't see the need for so much secrecy. I know from Iron Giant that he'd be able to do the role well. I imagine he'll just sit in a recording booth for a few hours and say "I am Groot!" in different ways.

Simon Pegg recently toured Marvel Studios and decided to troll the Internet by tweeting the following pic:
PHOTOS-Simon-Pegg-en-Ant-Man-pour-Marvel-La-blague_reference.jpg

Pegg later had to tweet out "FFS the Internet, all I did was point at the central character in my dear friend's next movie, because I'm excited for him." He then added the hashtag #iamantman. Since it's an Edgar Wright film, I fully expect Pegg to show up in it (I could imagine a quick Captain Britain cameo), but the role of Hank Pym is still up in the air.

I really, REALLY hope Simon Pegg is Ant-Man.

Also, Vin Diesel as Groot? Well, if he can do the Iron Giant, he can do Groot. I'm all for it.

C_nate beat me to it, but here's the full update.

affleckbatman.jpg

Ben Affleck is the new Batman.

From Warner Brothers:
"Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create an entirely new incarnation of the character in Snyder’s as-yet-untitled project—bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director’s vision of their universe, which he established in 'Man of Steel.'"

Here's Zack Snyder on the casting:
"Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman," says Snyder. "He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.â€

I just have a hard time imagining him as the voice of batman. His voice is just so.... not batman. Maybe he'll just go all christian bale on it.

Sorry Paradox, I know this is your update thread and I didn't mean to jump in there before you but it was just too good and too funny to pass up.

But I disagree about the actor part. Some roles he does good in. The part he had in Boiler Room? Perfect for him. And he played it perfect.

Superheros? Not so much. He still has the stigma of the Daredevil movie and that is what everyone is going to think of as soon as they seem him trying to play Batman.

It's cool C_Nate, and I agree the stigma of Daredevil will forever be attached to Affleck. However, I don't think he would have been cast if he didn't excel beyond all others in his audition.

The movie is two years away. That will give us plenty of time to get used to the idea of Baffman. An early trailer will likely hit by Thanksgiving/Christmas 2014. I say we wait and judge this decision until we actually see him in the role. If he does as well as I hope he does and I think he might, we'll try to forget about his role in an early subpar comic book film, kind of like Chris Evans and Fantastic Four.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011