Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

More news on season two casting for TV show Arrow. Actress Caity Lotz (who I remember from the short lived MTV show Death Valley) will have a recurring role as Dinah Drake, who in the comics was the Golden Age Black Canary. Arrow keeps its heroes and villains pretty much rooted in reality, so that may be why they chose this version of Canary (rather than one with the Canary Cry power), as the only real abilities she had was kicking ass.

A while back, Guillermo del Toro was trying to put together a new TV show starring the Hulk, but for now it seems all plans for it are on hold. Marvel is likely waiting to see how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. preforms before moving on with any other TV projects.

Here's a look at some of the characters in X-Men: Days of Future Past, including Daniel Cudmore as Colossus and the first look of Omar Sy as Bishop.
468px-Bishopandothercharacters-official.png

Whatever Vin Diesel's involvement with Marvel is, he says some big news will be revealed by the end of month.

Actor Clive Russell (Game of Thrones) will be playing Asgardian god Tyr in Thor: The Dark World. In a recent interview, he was discussing the acting styles he witnessed working on the film and in the process, revealed some interesting information: "I worked with Benicio del Toro on a scene in which he was meant to be quite angry. Sitting 15 feet away I couldn’t hear a word he was saying."
What's interesting about that is that del Toro isn't in Thor: The Dark World, he's in Guardians of the Galaxy. It hasn't been revealed yet who Del Toro is playing in Guardians, but if Russell is correct, it may be someone with a link to both Asgard and the sci-fi space realm of The Guardians. Maybe Beta Ray Bill?

Omar Sy... From the "omar et fred" show? THAT omar? The guy who grew up in the same village as me back in france? THAT omar will play bishop?

*French mind blown*
Mind-Blown.jpg

For an American perspective, it's like having Conan o'brian or Louis C.K. play doctor doom. Awesome but hard to picture it.

I figured you'd know who he was.

Joss Whedon says that Cobie Smulders will indeed have a recurring role on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reprising her role of Maria Hill from The Avengers.

When a giant turtle wants to walk around incognito, what does he do? It looks like for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the upcoming live action film is taking a page from the old Turtles cartoon. I like it.
trench2.jpg

I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.

Zack Snyder announced today that the sequel to Man of Steel will be a team-up film. In his next film, Superman will join with (or battle)...Batman. No, I am not shitting you. While it won't be an adaption, it will drawn inspiration from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns. Production is expected to begin next year with a projected summer 2015 release. No word yet on any potential casting for Batman, but it will not be Christian Bale and will not be linked at all to Christopher Nolan's films, although Nolan will be an executive-producer.

Logo shown in Hall H
BatmanSuperman%20Logo.jpg

This gives me so many boners.

I'm really excited for it, but I honestly think they need to get people on the project who aren't Snyder and Nolan. They're both good, but something like this just isn't right for them outside of maybe the visual effects parts.

Paradox said:
Logo shown in Hall H
BatmanSuperman%20Logo.jpg

This gives me so many boners.

Yea, ok... but where was Batman when Zod appeared? Zodd spoke to a global audience looking for Clark. Also, where was Superman when Bane was going apeshit?!?1 Anyone going to have answers for this?

What would Batman do about Zod? At this stage in the DC universe, he likely had no knowledge of how to battle a superpowered being. I'm sure he sat in his cave watching Zod and Superman very carefully to learn all he could about abilities and weaknesses. As for Supes and Bane, re-read my news; that's a moot question.

Comics are always like that. You can say the same thing about the Avengers movie. New York is being invaded by aliens pouring out of a tear in the sky and the city is getting blown to shit and the only superheros to show up to save the day is the Avengers. Where was Spiderman? The X-Men? They live right there too.

Anyway, the official line I read about it is that the Nolan Batman is separate from the new DC universe they are creating that will eventually lead up to the Justice League movie. So the new Batman will be the canon Batman I guess.

I have one more big piece of news to reveal to you guys tonight. Joss Weadon debuted the new title for The Avengers sequel:
1069390_572169486174395_797496507_n.jpg

If Ultron's in it, then I'm betting Hank Pym will be in, which would springboard the character into Ant-Man a few months later. I'm guessing Weadon's going to slow burn the Thanos angle on through to Phase 3.

1002469_10151542015653461_1817566883_n.jpg

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyoh boyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyoh boyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

Age of Ultron?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh wait, it's just going to use Ultron as a villain and not follow the awful cross over arc they just had?

Okay, I'm fine with that.

For the few of us watching Arrow, here's an awesome trailer for Season 2.

A lot of what I have for this update are recounts of info given and footage shown at the movie panels. It's a lot of text, but very informative. Be advised that there are some spoilers here and there, but nothing really major.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - May 2, 2014
It opens with a truck being driven by Paul Giamatti, who's being chased by an army of police cars. Soon Spider-Man swings down and surfs on the cop cars a bit until he catches up with Rhino. Through narration, Peter Parker says, "Know what I love about being Spider-Man? Everything." He then confronts Giamatti, using his webs to criss-cross his arms and pull down his pants, much like those infamous set photos. During this we also see a humorous scene with Peter wanting to do his laundry and Sally Field's Aunt May saying the last time he did he "turned everything blue and red."

Next we see Spider-Man saving a pre-Electro Max Dillon. A clearly depressed Dillon seems to be in awe of Spidey after he tells Max, "You're not a nobody; you're a somebody. You're my partner—my eyes and ears out here." There's random shots of Gwen Stacey saying "I love that you're Spider-Man, but I love Peter Parker more" and Aunt May saying "You don't have forever."

Then came the more interesting footage. We see Jamie Foxx at work in his job at Oscorp, when he falls in to a tank of electric eels. (Presumably, this is what turns him in to Electro?) We then see our first glimpse at Harry Osborn (Dan DeHaan) visiting his sick father Norman (Chris Cooper), who tells him "Not everyone has a happy ending." Then there's a shot between the young Osborn and Electro that suggests he might be controlling/bankrolling the supervillain. ("You'll never be invisible again.")The money shot featured Electro in his hooded costume shooting electricity all throughout Times Square before the power goes out and a shockwave blows through the buildings.

X-Men Days of Future Past - May 23, 2014
A sizzle reel was shown before the Q&A. We see the "original" team, including Patrick Stewart's Xavier, an older Wolverine (with some gray hair, just like in the Future Past comic), Storm, Iceman, Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Ian McKellen's Magneto, and some new mutants too - including Omar Sy as Bishop and Bingbing Fan as Blink. It's a dark time for the mutants, who are clad in body armor and infiltrating an ancient temple of some kind. "You have to do for me what I once did for you," Xavier tells Wolverine. "We must end this war before it ever begins." The mission will take Wolverine to the past, he learns, where he will wake up in his younger body.

We then see the First Class cast, including McAvoy's young Xavier, who is bearded and looking quite disheveled. "I was a very different man then," the old Xavier can be heard saying. "Lead me, guide me." Jennifer Lawrence in full Mystique makeup sheds a tear, and we see Fassbender's Magneto shooting a gun. "Be patient with me," we hear Xavier say. We also see President Nixon, and security types opening a secret entrance in the Oval Office floor that leads to a secure room. Wolverine takes a bare chest full of bullets, young Xavier dusts off a long unused Cerebro helmet, the Beast snarls, Storm fires more lightning, and Peter Dinklage (as Sentinel creator Bolivar Trask) is in full 1970s garb. The young Xavier says, "I don’t want your suffering, I don't want your future." And the reel ends with the two Xaviers face to face: "Please, we need you to hope again," Patrick Stewart says to his counterpart.

Thor: The Dark World - November 8, 2013
(First panel trailer) The clip begins with Sif battling a group of bad guys in a village with explosions, fire, and swordplay in full effect. Jamie Alexander looks as stunning throughout the clip as she ever has and I think she will win over some more fanboy hearts by the time this one hits. Of course, Thor can't resist a fight and he makes his grand entrance, as we've seen in the first teaser, coming in through the Bifrost and getting in on the fight. Sif isn't happy to see him, saying something to the effect of "I have this under control," to which Thor replies, "Then why is everything burning?" Thor jumps into action and this is where the film becomes obviously different than Branagh's original. It's strong, deft, and intricately edited, with Thor taking out villains with massive force. Every hit feels more intense, more visceral than what we saw in the original, complete with the atmospheric, earthy tone of a battle in a real-world environment, rather than on a green screen sound-stage.

The clip comes to a close with a giant rock monster (from Journey into Mystery #83, Thor's comic debut) approaching the scene, to which Thor approaches, beaming with a smile and addresses the creature, saying, "I accept your surrender," which causes the Asgardian soldiers around him to laugh. The rock creature doesn't find it funny and Thor begins to twirl his hammer before decimating the stone-laced creature into pieces with Mjolnir. This jumps straight into the new trailer, which is chock full of so much new footage that it would be impossible to recount it all.

(Second panel trailer) We see all the familiar faces, including Kat Dennings, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins (who again starts off the trailer with his narration), Rene Russo (getting much more action this time around), the warriors three, and an Asgardian setting that is riddled with detail and depth, something that I felt was sorely needed in the first film. An attack in London sends Thor to Earth, where he saves Jane (Portman) and brings her back to his realm. A new evil has surfaced in the form of Christopher Eccleston's Maleketh, who we still get mostly teases of here. I can't recall any direct dialogue from him throughout.

Thor enlists Loki to his team and once released from prison he's threatened by Ray Stevenson's Volstagg. Then, Jane and Thor approach, seemingly to stop the quarrel, but instead Jane slaps Loki in the face, saying "That was for New York!" Loki smiles and looks to Thor, saying, "Oh, I like her." From here the trailer goes into hyper-kinetic action mode with all manner of action shots and closes in on the title. But, just as you think it's over, they jump back into it, showing Loki and Thor fighting each other in front of Maleketh with Thor easily getting his ass handed to him. Loki is doing his usual "villain lecturing" as he beats up his brother, who call Mjolnir to him. While his hand is out, though, Loki moves in and in an instant SEVERS Thor's hand off, before we go to black.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - April 4, 2014
We saw a lengthy scene where Cap (Chris Evans) gets in a lift with some of the tactical team he's working with. They're joined by chattering office workers in suits, then some more agents. But Steve Rogers notices a bead of sweat rolling down one man's neck, notes the shock sticks another one has strapped to his leg, and makes a generous offer. "Before we begin, would any of you gentlemen like to get out?"

The men explode into action, trying to trap Cap in magnetic cuffs and using the shock sticks to try to stun him. Things, it's fair to say, do not go according to plan, and soon Rogers is the only man standing. But this reveals that there's trouble at the heart of (it looks like) S.H.I.E.L.D. itself.

“To build a better world sometimes means tearing the old one down,â€

Groot looks a little... cutesy. Like not nearly as menacing as in the comics.

But besides that, I am still super excited for that.

Well, all of these movies. I'm a little iffy on Days of Future Past, but we shall see. I honestly would've loved a more direct version of the comic, with Magneto taking up the role of leader, but I'll take what I can get.

Longo_2_guns said:
Groot looks a little... cutesy. Like not nearly as menacing as in the comics.

Agree with you there. I watched the most recent episode of Ultimate Spider-Man which guest starred the Guardians. Groot in the cartoon (voiced by Michael Clark Duncan in one of his last roles) had the appearance of twisted wood with sharp teeth. I also think the film Rocket Raccoon could stand to be a bit scruffier. Minor issues though.

On to a few updates.

While the theatrical version of The Wolverine will be rated PG-13, director James Mangold says the DVD/BluRay release will have an unrated directors cut, which Mangold says will have at least 10-12 more minutes that could see a bit more blood and violence than PG-13 would allow.

Here's some weapons and gear from Guardians of the Galaxy, with Star-Lord's helmet front and center.
gog-weapons-and-gear.jpg

And a member of the Nova Corps.
gog-nova-corps-outfit.jpg

Joss Weadon gave out some more info about Avengers: Age of Ultron:
"We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron, and the other thing is, in the origin story there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed he was going to be in the mix, but he's not, because we're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside. We're crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about."

So it looks like Hank Pym may not show up in the sequel after all. At least not as the creator of Ultron. What I'm taking away from his statement - 'We're crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about.' - is that Ultron's origin will tie into the ending of Iron Man 3 where -SPOILER- Stark destroyed all his suits. I'm betting that rather than build suits, he builds robots to take his place as Iron Man.

I think this would be a logical extension of the remote controlled and automated armors from Iron Man 3. And in the endeavor to create better and more efficient robots...Ultron is born. I wonder if they'll at least keep the Vision aspect of Ultron.

Comic-Con is over, so I'm going back to updates once a week or so. Thanks for reading. I've enjoyed sharing all the news the past few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011