Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Wouldn't mind watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I still need to watch the other Avenger films to catch the references in Iron Man 3.

used44 said:
Ooof, Spider-man 2 is looking worse and worse to me.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see a trailer, but that being said, I neglected to post the pictures of Giamatti's character standing there with his pants around his ankles. Wearing boxers with little rhinos on them. While Spider-Man danced in front of him.

Not a large update today, but some rather big news came out today that involves two big films in the works. But first, here's a couple trailers and a hot pic.

The story trailer for Batman: Arkham Origins looks absolutely beautiful.

Here's a near naked Jennifer Lawrence who just blue herself.
lawrence-mystique-dofp.jpg

I usually don't post any more than the original trailer for a movie, but this new one for The Wolverine has an old face in it plus a pretty good look at Silver Samurai.

Last week, Joss Weadon confirmed that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were going to be in Avengers 2. Along with that announcement, it was revealed that film rights of the two were not solely owned by Marvel, but rather shared with Fox Films.
Cut to today. Bryan Singer revealed that he has cast Evan Peters (American Horror Story) in X-Men: Days of Future Past...as Quicksilver.
Still not sure how this effects Avengers 2. Can only one company use the rights at a time? Will both films go ahead with their own versions of the character? Is this a collaborative effort by the two studios to bridge the film universes? I'm waiting to hear what Joss Weadon has to say on the matter. I'll keep you all updated as I find out.

Welp, it's June! It's official! You know what that means? Time to jump off the Marvel train and onto the DC bandwagon in time for this year's big super hero movie event - Man Of Steel! woooooooo Go DC (dumb comics)

I just reserve ordered my DBOX (muh chair's gonna shake! it's like I'm flying! but not at all, entirely!) 3D tix! I judge super hero movies on the film's score (music). TDK 2 had a great one, and same goes for Man of Steel. Let's hope that tradition continues, otherwise we're in for another Superman reboot.

also, Michael Shannon, fuck yeah.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman says producer Michael Bay is being 'amazingly respectful' to the source material and reiterated that the turtles are exactly what the title says and not aliens. I'm feeling a bit better about this film with each new story I hear about it.
A new addition to the cast is Whoopi Goldberg. She will be playing Bernadette Thompson, April O'Neil (Megan Fox) and Vernon Fenwick's (Will Arnett) boss.

Pre-CGI Paul Giamatti as Rhino in Amazing Spider-Man 2.
spider-man-2-pre-cgi-rhino.jpg

Sabastian Stan as Winter Soldier in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
winter-soldier-stan-1x.jpg

Peter Dinklage in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Still no word on who he'll be playing, but my money's on Bolivar Trask, inventor of the Sentinels. Either that or a mini Ron Burgundy.
xmen-dinklage-dofp.jpg

Three new (and surprising) castings for Guardians of the Galaxy have been announced. First up: John C. Reilly will play the role of Rhomann Dey, who would be like the Agent Coulson to the Guardians. Dey, former leader of Nova Corps serves as a go-between reporting on the activities of the Guardians to S.H.I.E.L.D. This means that Reilly could potentially take part in several other Marvel films.
Next up: Glenn Close. While no name has been given for the role yet, she will play a leadership role in Nova Corp, the intergalactic space patrol, kind of like a Guardians version of Nick Fury.
And third: the girl who waited. Former Doctor Who companion Karen Gillan (Amy Pond) has joined to play the as-yet-unnamed lead female villain.

Here's a good look at Christopher Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed in Thor: The Dark World.
christopher-eccleston-malekith-the-accursed.jpg

thor-malekith-eccleston.jpg

To follow up the news that Bryan Singer is going to include Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past after Joss Weadon announced the character and Scarlet Witch are going to be in Avengers 2, the two studios are NOT collaborating. In fact, if either studio could make the other back down they would. In my opinion, this seems like a rotten move by Singer. It feels like he's adding Quicksilver to an already bloated cast of mutants just to get his version of the character in theaters first. There's already going to be the cast of the last movie, most of the cast from the other three X-Men films, plus a large handful of new mutants. I'm not going to judge before I see a trailer, but Days of Future Past is reminding me more and more of Last Stand nearly everyday.

Moving from one sibling to the other, while no casting has been done for Avengers 2, it's being said actress Saoirse Ronan (Hanna, The Lovely Bones) is the studio's prototype for Scarlet Witch. When Ronan was asked her thoughts, she was flattered and said that if asked she'd love to play the part.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?
Wow, look at that! I don't care about Avengers 2 all of a sudden!

Hurry up and give me Ant-Man.

TMNT: 'Spolsion World

Michael Bay: "Ok in this next shot the Turtle Van will explode. Then the Technodrome will blow up. And Megan, honey, point your tits TO the camera! AND ACTION!"

dunno how ill see dinklage as anything but tyrion now.

and paul giamatti looks like he is going to be perfect IMO. at first I was skeptical but I think he is going to be great.

The DC/Vertigo comic Fables will be heading to the big screen. Nikolaj Arcel (A Royal Affair;director, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo;screenplay) will be directing. Here's the synopsis for all those of you who aren't HK-47:
When a savage creature known only as the Adversary conquered the fabled lands of legends and fairy tales, all of the infamous inhabitants of folklore were forced into exile. Disguised among the normal citizens of modern-day New York, these magical characters have created their own peaceful and secret society within an exclusive luxury apartment building called Fabletown. But when Snow White's party-girl sister, Rose Red, is apparently murdered, it is up to Fabletown's Sheriff Bigby, a reformed and pardoned Big Bad Wolf, to determine if the killer is Bluebeard, Rose's ex-lover and notorious wife killer, or Jack, her current live-in boyfriend and former beanstalk-climber.

Obscure (at least in America) graphic novel The Incal is being made into a movie. The source gives a lot of info about it so here's the link to the story. Sounds interesting. Like the linked article says, it seems to have a Fifth Element vibe.

Director Jason Moore (Pitch Perfect) will be bringing Archie to life. It's said it will be a straight up teen coming of age movie.

Trailer for 300: Rise of an Empire. Looks cool. Lots of action and pretty music.

Man of Steel opens tomorrow and for all those unsure of its connections, Zack Snyder and screenwriter David Goyer have made it clear that this is an entirely different and new universe than Chris Nolan's Batman films. This will likely be the start of the DC cinematic universe that will encompass future DC films and Justice League (if it ever happens).

RUMOR - I reported awhile back that actor Colm Feore had joined The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in an unnamed role. It's being said now that he'll be Adrian Toomes AKA The Vulture. IMDb even has him listed as Toomes. If so, I'm hoping its a set up for the third film and not another villain for this one. So you have Rhino and Electro this film. Maybe Vulture and for sure Green Goblin next film. Hell, bring in Kraven and Mysterio and we'll have the Sinister Six.

Jennifer Lawrence on lunch break. You're welcome.
934782_10151650395232948_199732547_n.jpg

While Bryan Singer already has his "Me too!" version of Quicksilver cast with American Horror Story's Evan Peters, Joss Weadon hasn't made any final casting decisions yet. But it does seem there is one actor they do have in mind for the Avengers 2 Quicksilver: Kick-Ass star Aaron Taylor Johnson. I'll let you know how it pans out.

In the last update, I reported that Glenn Close, Karen Gillan, and John C. Reilly were onboard for Guardians of the Galaxy. Now another big name is being brought on as well: Benicio Del Toro.

Previously, I revealed an image of Winter Soldier from Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Here's a shot from the other side that lets you get a look at his bionic arm.
cap-2-stan-winter-soldier-bionic-arm.jpg

Here's a short video of them filming a shooting sequence.
The concept images have been pretty spot on, so this is probably a pretty good look at what will likely be just one of Cap's outfits.
capam-wintersold-consuit.jpg

Man... i wish people knew that the Persian empire weren't that evil as people thought... Also the spartan were like the enemy of democracy. Oh and Sparta had LOTS of slaves, including sex slaves... make that boys slaves. Freedom my butt!

Ahem... anyway, excited for captain america! Looking good so far.

Comic Locke & Key has been optioned by Universal for a feature film. Synopsis: Locke & Key tells of Keyhouse, an unlikely New England mansion, with fantastic doors that transform all who dare to walk through them, and home to a hate-filled and relentless creature that will not rest until it forces open the most terrible door of them all.'

Here's the launch trailer for the recently released Deadpool game. It looks pretty out there, even for something Deadpool related. I'll still play it anyway.

If you were eager for the release of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, you have a bit longer to wait. It was set for October 4, 2013, but has now been pushed back nearly an entire year, with its new debut set for August 22, 2014. No word so far on why the delay.

I previously reported that William Fichtner was joining Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to possibly play Shredder. Turns out he is.
TMNT-banner-6-24.jpg

X-Men: Days of Future Past is getting yet another cast member in actor Josh Helman. He'll shoot for a few weeks meaning it should be more than just a bit part.
As many actors and actresses being crammed into this thing, it's going to have to be at least two and half hours to keep all the parts from feeling like cameos. The excitement I had for this drops almost daily.

Wether you loved it or hated it, The Amazing Spider-Man was successful enough that Sony plans on keeping it around for awhile. In addition to #2 releasing on May 2, 2014, Sony has officially announced that two more sequels are coming on June 10, 2016 and May 4, 2018. With all the villains confirmed and speculated to pop up, I definitely predict a Sinister Six endgame for #4.
With a commitment to four films now rather than three, director Marc Webb has decided to spread out the story a bit. Mary Jane Watson is now being held back for #3 and due to the change, Shailene Woodley, who had even already filmed some scenes as MJ, is out and the part will likely be recast for the third film. The decision was made by Webb to keep the focus on Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy's relationship.

Just posted by Vin Diesel via Facebook: "P.s. Marvel has requested a meeting... no idea what for... haha, you probably know better than me..."
I think it would be hilarious if he voices Rocket Raccoon.

Here's The Falcon flying high above Winter Soldier.
WS-9.jpg

Cap fighting a clumsy Winter Soldier plus splosion car!

There was talk that Robert Downey Jr. was done with the character of Iron Man after the last movie with only a possibility of a cameo in Avengers 2. But just recently, Downey re-upped his contract and will still be Iron Man at least through Phase 3, the next five or six years. No word on a fourth solo film (IMO, I think three is enough).
Downey's pretty much been the 'glue' of the Marvel films since the beginning, but he's not getting any younger. When Avengers 2 comes out, he'll be 50 years old, so Marvel is looking for someone else to be the center of the MCU. Common sense says it should be the much younger Chris Evans as Captain America, but the rumor is that Marvel may put the focus on Doctor Strange, who's solo film will be in Phase 3, after Avengers 2 and Ant-Man. We'll see if and how this pans out.

Disney says there will be new Marvel films on May 6, 2016, July 8, 2016 and May 5, 2017. I bet we'll possibly hear what they are in a few weeks at Comic Con.

The character that John C. Reilly will play in Guardians of the Galaxy is Rhomann Dey, leader of the Nova Corps.
reilly-dey.jpg

The casting for this movie thus far has me really pumped for it.

Dr. Strange! And I'm sold.

So any reactions to Jim Carrey's quasi-political "I just can't condone the violence in Kick Ass 2"?

Looks like a win win since he gets to push his agenda and comic nerds basically heard.

Jim Carrey said:
violence in Kick Ass 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011