Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

I cannot fucking wait for Iron Man 3. Awesome update Paradox.

So these Ninja Turtles actors will have faces similar to the actors? I guess... but goddamit Laird and Eastman must be really strapped for cash.

Paradox said:
Here's a couple of stills from the lo-res Ant-Man video I posted for a better look.
ant-man-preview-wright.jpg
Yes. Very yes.

Zoe Saldana.... mmmmmmmmm

And with the exception of Mikey, those actors look surprisingly similar to the Turtles' personalities. The rugged tough guy Raph, the goody two shoes Leo and the nerdy scientist Donny.

But still, it's Michael Bay, remember how excited we were for Transformers? Then remember how he pissed on the memory of Scatman Crothers by turning Jazz into a 12 year old Chingy fan? WELL I DO!

/rant

The trailer for R.I.P.D has been released. While watching, I got the sense that the film is two parts Men in Black with one part Hellboy. We'll find out July 19th.

Danny Woodburn (Seinfeld, Watchmen) will be Splinter in Ninja Turtles.
Alan Ritchson (Raphael) is aware the film has already earned a reputation, asking that people not make assumptions and that what has been reported on the Internet is wrong (although he said he can't give specifics). You know what, I'm going to give this movie benefit of the doubt and not make any judgements until I see a trailer or finished product.

Warner Bros. president Jeff Robinov on the future of DC films: “We’ll announce something in the next several weeks that will hopefully position the DC characters and the movies we’re going to be making.â€

Here's the trailer for Red 2.

I think we were all worried about Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles and how the title left out two key identifiers, as they were supposed to be aliens now. Well, recently at CinemaCon, a banner for the film was unveiled that read 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'. And then Michael Bay himself had this to say, "There was that quote saying that we’re making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We’re not. It’s the ooze! It’s from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic. I think they’re going to be really happy with this movie. When I see the digital stuff, the turtles look great." Well there you have it. Bay HAS made some good films, so I'll give this a chance.

X-Men: Days of Future Past has added two more mutants to the roster, Warpath (who I don't really know anything about), and someone who makes sense in relation to the film's time travel premise: Bishop.

Here's a clear look at the new suit in Amazing Spider-Man 2.
spidey-suit-2.jpg

What four characters have had their film rights revert back to Marvel Studios?
IMG_0872_zps6504b2e7.jpg

Blade, Punisher, Daredevil and Ghost Rider are all back in Marvel's stable. I wouldn't look for any solo movies anytime soon, but they're all available for use should Marvel decide to do so.

In a recent update, I posted a pic of concept art for The Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Well, it seems it was pretty spot on. Here's a couple of pics of Anthony Mackie as Falcon. The green screen and wires are undoubtedly for post-production insertion of the wings.
anthonymackie-falcon-1.jpg

anthonymackie-falcon-6.jpg

The art for Falcon was spot on, so this concept art for Winter Soldier will likely represent final product as well.
winter-soldier-captain-america-concept.jpg

winter-soldier-concept-2.jpg

Recently Joss Whedon revealed that he has plans for a brother-sister team in The Avengers 2. It has since been confirmed that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are in the current script. I emphasize 'current'; At one point, The Wasp was in the script for the first Avengers film.
Whedon also confirmed that Thanos will appear in the film, but may still remain in the background. I'm betting other villains will have the stage here, and Thanos will be the big bad for the third film.

I'll leave you with this. This guy made his own Mjolnir that generates 80,000 volts. Hammah!

Awesome update Paradox. I'm still on the angry side of the fence with TMNT, but glad Michael Bay has publicly taken his head out of his ass. A guy in his position should know not to speak out of turn or let anything be misunderstood. At least the brand is getting any attention at all.

Damn it's going to be forever until X-Men comes out. Saw the trailer for Wolverine in front of Iron Man 3 though and that was looking great. Jackman obviously loves playing that character so i'm excited even if it's not on the level of X-men or X2. Even Thor looked good on the giant Imax screen. Will definitely see that this winter.

But I could not be more bored by Captain America. Am I the only one?

Bishop! Daredevil! Anthony Mackie! Scarlet Witch!

I don't give a shit about the turtles but the rest is all good news!

I personally felt that Capt America is one of the most easily accessible comic book movies that have been made in a long time. I've heard of a lot of people, not comic fans, who loved it.

The thing with that is that Johnny Storm is Susan's brother, meaning that either she's black too or their mom was having a relationship with someone else. And at that point, why not make the whole Fantastic Four black? Except for Ben Grimm, since he's already Jewish and black jews are just unrealistic.

For a modern telling, I see no reason why Sue and Johnny have to biological siblings. One or the other could be adopted or they could be step-siblings.

On a related casting note, Allison Williams (Girls) is being considered for a part as well, possibly Sue Storm, but casting for both Sue and Johnny is still up in the air.
Regardless of who plays Torch, when you're on fire, we're all the same color.

Longo_2_guns said:
The thing with that is that Johnny Storm is Susan's brother, meaning that either she's black too or their mom was having a relationship with someone else. And at that point, why not make the whole Fantastic Four black? Except for Ben Grimm, since he's already Jewish and black jews are just unrealistic.
I know right? I mean having the possibility of one black character in the fantastic four is one thing... but having TWO? why that's insulting!
Next thing you know, gay people will want to get married, Hawaii will be our fiftieths state and women will be able to vote! :evil:
sarcasm mode off. Huh... I don't see why sue can't just stay white if torch is black. My brother got Asian skin, i got white skin. He's more of a reed richard, i'm more of the thing. Seem possible to me! But like Paradox said, this is still la possibility, not a decision yet. But i'd love to see the guy behind The wire and that cool class president nominee kid from chronicle become the next human torch. He's a cool guy, regardless of his race!

300: Rise of an Empire was set to release August 2nd but will now debut on March 7, 2014. I guess they didn't want to put it up against 2 Guns.

Fresh off directing Iron Man 3, Shane Black has signed a deal to direct an adaption of Doc Savage, a hero of comics, radio, film and television in the 1930's and 40's.

I still have yet to see Dredd. I've heard that thus far a sequel isn't likely, but that this 27minute fan film is the next best thing.
Judge Minty

This appears to confirm the new (and better) title for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
tmnt-logo-slate.jpg

Here's a shot of the pre-CGI turtles. Check out the colored arm bands to tell who's who.
tmnt-precgi.jpg

Actor William Fichtner (Black Hawn Down, Prison Break) has been cast in a role of "Iconic stature". Who is not revealed yet, but seeing as how April, the turtles and Splinter are all set, the only other roles that come to mind are Shedder or maybe Casey Jones. I'll keep you updated.

First looks at Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich pre-Rhino in Amazing Spider-Man 2.
BJ_1hYlCYAAY2U2.jpg

spider-man-2-giamatti-gun.jpg

I'm guessing maybe that's serum he's holding. Looks like they may be going the cross-species route rather than an armored suit.

Disney announced that their first CG-animation project based on a Marvel comic would be Big Hero 6, an obscure 1998 series created by by Steven T. Seagle and Duncan Rouleau, which centers on a robotics prodigy named Hiro Hamada and his robot companion BayMax, who join a team of superheroes in a high-tech city called San Fransokyo.
702946-173759409_o.jpg

Marvel is already set up to film Avengers 2 in the U.K. But now it seems they're looking to do some on-location shooting in Cape Town, South Africa. It's still speculation, but what Marvel character do we know who spends a fair amount of time in South Africa?

ABC has officially picked up the now named Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for the fall schedule. Here's a three minute trailer and it is awesome. No exact air date is set yet, but it will be on Tuesdays this fall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011