Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Man, they are missing out on a big opporitunity by not having Pym make Ultron. You don't even need to introduce the character, and already you have given people a reason to watch the Ant-Man movie.

Paradox said:
For the few of us watching Arrow, here's an awesome trailer for Season 2.
F*ck yeah! Nice to see Speedy fighting China White...wait, that's not China White. Black Canary? Hopefully he meets The Green Arrow this season. From the looks of the trailer, Oliver might choose to be The Green Arrow instead The Hood. Also, Thea "Speedy" queen, she's a character created for the show, right? I have a feeling something tragic might happen to her and that's how Roy gets his nickname.

Yeah, Thea was created for the show. Honestly, though, I hope they keep her, just because the brother/sister chemistry is perfectly done between the actors.

Also, I am so hype for Guardians of the Galaxy. It's unreal.

A link between Thea and the name Speedy: Thea's middle name is Dearden. Mia Dearden was the name of the new Speedy that debuted a few years ago.

Ever since I first saw that Sentinel head, there's been something familiar about it that I couldn't place. Then it hit me. Swap the coloring to yellow, and it could almost be Bumblebee.

On to the news.
Don't know how many manga fans we have here, but here's a trailer for Space Pirate Captain Harlock. It's all in Japanese but the idea still comes across.

Dredd didn't perform to well theatrically, but sales of the home release have soared and expanded it's fan base in a very short period of time. (Full disclosure: I still haven't seen it yet.) Regardless, the studio has no current plans for a sequel. Enter 2000AD, the publisher of the Judge Dredd comic. They've set up an online petition to try and encourage interest in a sequel. Of course, petitions have no guarantee to work, but it could potentially give the studio some numbers to crunch.

In the last update, regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I posted a pic of a turtle in a trench coat disguise, an obvious nod to the old cartoon show. Well here's another throwback: the Turtle Van.
tmnt-image-1.jpg

The Fantastic Four will take advantage of Louisiana's film tax breaks and incentives and begin production there this September. I expect we'll have first casting news by the end of this year. The release date is March 6, 2015.

It was just last week that we found out X-Men: Days of Future Past would be followed up by X-Force, so not really anything is known about it yet other than Kick-Ass 2 director Jeff Wadlow is taking the project on. Fox's Marvel consultant Mark Millar did offer this regarding the project though: "People are going to be dissecting every name as it gets released, so it will be cool when you have your five." If I was picking five, I think the most likely combo would be Deadpool, Cable, Psylocke, Archangel and Bishop. Bishop would already be established from Days of Future Past, but if they want star power, they could also slide in Wolverine.

While Vin Diesel's business with Marvel is still shrouded in secrecy, he did let this out in an interview:
“Marvel was excited about bringing a different kind of relationship, a different kind of love story, I guess kind of inspired from the Dom-Letty relationship, into the Marvel universe.â€

Truthfully, Black Widow was the weakest link in Avengers. So if she is made to be like the number two or three character I will be a little disappointed. I'm not a huge fan of having the mediocre minority made to be a major player simply for the sake of having a minority on the main team (Cough Uhura cough).

Paradox said:
Don't know how many manga fans we have here, but here's a trailer for Space Pirate Captain Harlock. It's all in Japanese but the idea still comes across.
While the U.S was crazed by the G.I. Joe and he-man cartoons, us french had cartoons like goldorak and Captain Harlock. It's impossible to describe how much of a cultural impact these two cartoons did to France. It even created a golden age of French/Japanese cartoon series like no one ever seen. Us french fans pretty much made Toei animation for what it is today.

A good example is Daftpunk's interstella 5555 cartoons. Crazy story too. When the daft punk creators announced they were gonna make a new album, they personally begged Leiji Matsumoto (the guy who made captain harlock) to help them animated their music videos. In the end, they had to rewrite and remixed their songs so it could match up the animation on screen. That's how much of an influence Harlock has done to the french, Daftpunk pretty much added the score behind Leiji Matsumoto's cartoons.

So, as a french man, i can't wait till Captain harlock gets released statewise.

The Japanese release is September 7th and an international dub is in production. If I find out a release date for that I'll let you know.

Those pics from the TMNT set are hitting all the right nostalgia strings. I had written it off early on thinking it would just be another Bay suckfest, but I'm up to cautiously optimistic about the movie now.

I'm not that excited about the Avengers news either. I'm not watching an Avengers movie to watch the Black Widow. I understand you gotta have the sex appeal front and center but I hope Whedon balances it out. I know he has that rep about the "strong" female character thing but I'm not sure the Avengers movie is the right place to put that on display.

I just saw the rebooted Dredd movie on one of the movie channels not that long ago actually. I didn't think it was a great movie, but there was something about it that I liked that I can't quite articulate why. I thought the over the top graphic violence was excessive but expected in a movie like that. It gave it a shock value quality that probably was needed, otherwise most of the movie would have been pretty forgettable without it. I think what I liked most about it was how low-key they played the movie compared to the hammy campfest that was the Stallone version. In any event, it's not really the kind of story that lends itself well to a sequel so I hope they have a good idea in mind.

Nice updates, as usual. =)

Dirty Laundry.
I think I'm one of the few that really liked Punisher: Warzone with Ray Stevenson and thought Thomas Jane's Punisher was just ok. But damned if Jane doesn't redeem himself in a big way in this ten minute short film.

I already posted this in the Awesome Things thread, but wanted to share it here as well. It's 17 minutes, but worth sticking around until the very end.
#TruthInJournalism
I also definitely recommend the above posted Dirty Laundry.

Samuel L. Jackson has signed on to play the villain in Matthew Vaughn's adaptation of the Mark Millar series The Secret Service. He will join the already cast Colin Firth and Michael Caine.

More news for us Arrow fans: Barry Allen will be introduced in episodes 8 and 9 of season 2 as a forensics scientist working for the Central City police department and “just an ordinary man before life gets a little bit faster.â€

Paradox said:

Ok If that, and the #truthinjournalism were released in theater instead of Daredevil, spiderman 3 and any of the punisher film, we would of had a comic book movie boom a decade earlier.
Also like the Jean-Pierre Melville's touch in that black and white documentary.

Paradox said:
More news for us Arrow fans: Barry Allen will be introduced in episodes 8 and 9 of season 2 as a forensics scientist working for the Central City police department and “just an ordinary man before life gets a little bit faster.â€

Somewhat off topic (as in, not related to movies), check out this book about comic books:
ku-xlarge.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Graphic-Vis ... er+Graphic

Kotaku has a nice interview with the author, and some images from the book.
http://kotaku.com/behold-the-nerdiest-s ... 1058868124

And here's his website:
http://supergraphicbook.wordpress.com/

It's basically a lot of cool/interesting graphics about superheroes, etc.

Here's a sample image. It's too big for the forums, but the link right here is for the full sized version: (http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18wb783 ... iginal.jpg)

(small version)
ku-xlarge.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011