Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

LOL Used is just a jerk-ass and I'm too lazy to look stuff up.

There's quite a few comics I hadn't heard of untill they were made into films. I like that trailer, I'd see that. :)

Haha. It actually looks really great. And it makes me want to try out the comics.

But between this and "Homestuck" and a bunch of other things he's mentioned, it's obvious that Lien has some eclectic tastes.

It was recently made known that The Wolverine will not be a prequel film, but will actually take place after the first three X-Men films.

Also here is a pic of Logan and his new side-kick, the Honey Badger.
tumblr_mce3j5VOOr1qz9bydo1_r1_1280.jpg

Congrats on Goon's successful Kickstarter, Lien. The trailer looked great and I'd like to see where they take it.

This update contains a mixture of legit news and a few yet-to-be-disproven, but interesting rumors.

Joining Captain America: Winter Soldier is actor Frank Grillo, who will dig into Cap's rouges gallery to play Crossbones.
frank-grillo-crossbones.jpg

Although the news link was 'removed at the request of Disney', In Iron Man 3, Pepper Potts is said to be getting into the action as Rescue. Guess she gets tired of being the damsel in distress.
tumblr_m5d7epNDOJ1rp474po1_500.jpg

Stephanie Szostak will also be playing an undisclosed role in the film, but early speculation is that she will be Janet van Dyne. While not confirmed, she is said to be playing a character that 'will make the fans go crazy'. If this is true, I do hope Edgar Wright was consulted for the casting.
Stephanie-Szostak_Iron-Man-3-trailerstill.jpg

Stephanie-Szostak_ingreyshirt-oncouch.jpg

X-Men: Days of Future Past is being directed by Brian Singer and Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen have joined the cast, at least according to a Tweet by Singer.

The villain for Amazing Spider-Man 2 is still set to be Electro. The awesome part is that Jamie Foxx may have the role. While not official, both director Marc Webb and Foxx have not denied it, and in fact are encouraging it.
jamie-foxx-electro-tweet.png

Also for Spider-Man: Harry Osborn. But no word on an actor yet though.

Guillermo del Toro and Warner Bros. are considering a movie featuring DC Comics’ supernatural characters. Possible inclusions are Swamp Thing, John Constantine, Zatanna and Deadman

A full trailer for Man of Steel will run before The Hobbit.

With the Justice League movie on the horizon, WB may be reconsidering their idea to start a new universe from scratch. While not definite, Man of Steel may serve as the launch vehicle for DC's own Phase One series with Henry Cavill wearing the cape into the JLA movie.

And that brings me to the final and most spoiler-ific bit of news. Skip the rest if you haven't yet seen Dark Knight Rises. Highlight to read:

Continuing on with the possibility of the DC movies being tied together, in the JLA movie, Batman may not be Bruce Wayne. Joseph Gordon-Levitt's John 'Robin' Blake may don the cape and cowl.

I have mixed feelings about that, but do see a couple of big pluses. One, it would eliminate the need to start over with a new origin film and establish Batman all over again. Two, it would bring another familiar and already established face to Justice League's table along with Cavill. No word on Ryan Reynolds and Green Lantern yet though or if a black Martian Manhunter wearing an eyepatch will bring the team together.

Alright, that's all for now. I'm sure my next update will be the Man of Steel trailer. I'll post it as soon as it goes online.

In response to your spoiler text...I just don't see how the Nolan series could play into a more super powered world.

Truthfully, they need to get over Nolan. The movies were great (except for DKR which was still alright) but they need to remain their own thing.

Honestly, Warner Bros need to get their shit together.

Bretimus_v2 said:
In response to your spoiler text...I just don't see how the Nolan series could play into a more super powered world.
If the suits at WB having anything to say about it, they'll make it happen even if it doesn't work. But Nolan is producing Man of Steel right? Sooo... is he also on board with JLA in a producer role?

Longo_2_guns said:
Honestly, Warner Bros need to get their shit together.
This.

As the value of these comic book brands moves into other media, Warner Bros and DC need to get their shit straight. "New 52" stirred up some buzz but obviously not as much as would be needed to "revitalize" comics.

As soon as Batman Begins was released it was clear that Nolan's Batman Universe is a very real setting, without aliens and super powers and mythological beasts. In no way would that trilogy work as a set up to a JL franchise the way Iron Man set up an Avengers franchise.

I still think my original idea works much better. Let Man of Steel kickstart a JL franchise and start working on films for characters we haven't seen yet. Such as Wonder Woman, The Flash, and a Green Lantern reboot (like the Hulk reboot). I doubt we'd get a Cyborg and Aquaman movie but they could be thrown into the actual JL film. But after setting up these characters and this DC Universe, we have one last movie that introduces us to the Batman of this world, just before the JL film.

Do we really need to re-introduce Batman or his origin story...he's easily the most recognizable superhero in the world. Who doesn't know Batman...or that his parents were killed?

Wicked's thing makes a lot of sense, but I think using Blake makes more sense. Maybe JLA in Nolan's universe doesn't exactly fit, but that doesn't mean that Blake/Batman couldn't be pulled out of the Nolan-verse and fit into the new film saga.

1. The origin would be well established. I can't stand seeing hero origins over and over in movies.

2. Why would DC want to distance themselves from Nolan's batman?

3. JGL is a great actor, and a household name. He'll sell a lot of people on a JLA movie.

Ok I haven't seen DKR but as far as him playing the Caped Crusader... Isn't he a bit on the small side for that? I can see nightwing... but really? Bats? Next you are going to tell me that Superman doesn't fly, just takes really big jumps...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011