Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

The problem is special effects, the reason I have enjoyed superhero anything lately is all based around special effects. That being said, I really like the idea of TV miniseries or 2 season story arcs.

How about if they just improve the offerings of superhero/comic book cartoons? Why can't we get anything of the caliber of Batman: The Animated Series or even Justice League any more? The potential audience is much larger than it was 20 years ago. Just make something awesome again.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes seems pretty good. And Batman: The Brave and the Bold was really good.

Both targeted toward children, naturally. But high quality and interesting.

DC has had some killer ones. But occasionally they stick so close to the source comics that I'd rather just read the book.

Marvel's are very hit and miss.

Ant-Man will be coming to theater near in you...in three years. It has been given an official release date of November 6, 2015.

The Avengers 2 comes out in May 2015, so this should make Ant-Man the first of Marvel's Phase 3 films.

I'm betting he debuts in one of the Phase 2 films along with the Wasp. Edgar Wright has said he wants to have both Scott Lang and Henry Pym in the film, maybe as past and present versions of the character. More details as I get them.

used44 said:
DC has had some killer ones. But occasionally they stick so close to the source comics that I'd rather just read the book.

Marvel's are very hit and miss.

If you guys haven't seen The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1 yet you need to. It's freaking awesome! One of the best superhero anythings I've ever seen. Can't wait for Part 2 to come out in a few months.

But is it frame-for-frame like the comic? Batman: Year One was and this looks the same.

That's great, of course, but not the truly original thing I would rather watch.

used44 said:
But is it frame-for-frame like the comic? Batman: Year One was and this looks the same.

That's great, of course, but not the truly original thing I would rather watch.

It sticks very close to the source material, but I think that's why it's so great. It captures the feel & atmosphere of the book perfectly. I thought the Batman: Year One cartoon was pretty bland in a number of ways, but I don't see how anyone could not like TDKR: Part 1.

Still, get a really good writer to head an animated feature. These adaptations are cool, but an original story tailored to that medium would be better.

When I think about The Dark Knight Rises, I find myself indifferent towards it. It had a couple of big glaring flaws that just tainted it for me. It was a good film, but not quite so as the first one and not even close to the second.

The ending is what made up for it for me, personally. Anytime you tie up a story it gets messy. Few trilogy movies have truly ever succeeded in my opinion.

It did feel like Spider-Man 3 in one regard, which is actually one of my core complaints: too much time of the alter ego and not enough of the hero. As long as the movie was, I think the Batsuit only had maybe 20-25 minutes of screen time.

Screw batman!
the_goon_movie_poster.jpg

This is where my money is at! Let's get this donation started!

And if you don't know who Blur studios are, you are probably aware of their previous work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011