Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

I actually don't have a hat so I had to find a volunteer. Hope this one will do...

Tip-of-the-hat-to-you-this-morning-Jim-21348921432.jpeg

So I just watched Avengers again. Bought the Bluray because whatever I love it. So many amazing special features on there, though I was disappointed to learn just how much CG was used to create scenes in NY. I wish practical effects were still a viable option, and I'm happy to see some directors insisting on them, but Avengers really went the digital route.

I was thinking about getting The Avengers on Bluray for my dad as a birthday present. Am I to understand that you would support this?

That's a lovely photo, C_nate. Just don't steal the hat.

Yeah it's definitely a nice package. I got the 3D Super Duper Hero Pack with like... 19 discs or whatever, but just the regular package would be good too. There's hours of watchable behind-the-scenes shit.

Got a few updates for you guys today, mostly Marvel centric. Enjoy.

Y: The Last Man has become one of New Line Cinema's first priorities.

Jim Carrey as Colonel Stars in Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall
colonel-stars-jim-carrey-comparison%25255B5%25255D.jpg

Man of Steel is looking to take the Dark Knight route in that it will be a realistic take on Superman. Maybe not realistic but rather a real world setting clashing with an unreal character. Would humans embrace Superman as a savior, or be suspicious and fearful of this all-powerful alien?

Casting for the sequel to Amazing Spider-Man is underway. Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) has been offered the role of Mary Jane Watson. Also being looked for is Harry Osborn and the rumored villain Electro.

X-Men: Days of Future Past will involve time travel. Just speculation on my part, but I think this would be an opportunity to reset the X-Men movie universe 'Star Trek'-style and continue on with a brand new continuity.

Hugh Jackman in The Wolverine, ripped
Hugh-Jackman-The-Wolverine.jpg

More speculation on my part, but now that 'How I Met Your Mother' is likely to end after this season, I think Cobie Smulders would be a good movie universe anchor as Maria Hill for the upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D tv show.

Black Widow will be showing up in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Also appearing will be The Falcon, played by Anthony Mackie (Million Dollar Baby and Hurt Locker)

It's being said that Thor: The Dark World may feature all nine realms. Enjoy this cool diagram I found:
Map-of-the-Nine-Worlds.jpg

Not only will Thanos appear in The Avengers 2, but he will also be seen in Gaurdians of the Galaxy, possibly sharing screen time with two other potential villains: Adam Warlock and The Magus.

Gaurdians will be directed by James Gunn (Super and Slither)

The technological terrorist organization A.I.M. will feature in Iron Man 3 and probably Ant-Man as well.
xlarge-4.jpg

October 23rd: Iron Man 3 teaser trailer hits.

^Agreed. Paradox's updates are a great part of the site imo.

Paradox said:
Also being looked for is Harry Osborn and the rumored villain Electro.
Wow, what a lame enemy. Electro? That's an enemy more fitting for The Legion of Super Pets.
wsu534.png

Hobgoblin is sitting right there and would juxtapose nicely against Raimi's take on the Green Goblin, but nope, let's go with Electro....why, was the Shocker too busy?

I've always wanted to see Kraven vs. Punisher and Absorbing Man vs. Hulk in the movies.
I never wanted to see Electro vs. Spider-Man.
I hate this new Spider-Man.

Shailene Woodley was ok in The Descendants (great movie) but holy shit is she a useless actress. My wife briefly watched Secret life of the American teenager, and oh my god is she not good. Obviously the show is horrible and the writing was horrible, but if that and Descendants are really her only two noteworthy credits then it's tough to be excited for her to be MJ.

Also isn't she very young for the part?

Thanks dan and Optimus, I appriciate that.

Electro is still unconfirmed as of this point, but if he's used, I think it best to model him along the lines of the Ultimate universe version. I could see the movie taking a dark twist if Electro is about to finish off a beaten Spider-Man and then Aunt May comes up from behind and shoots him in the back.

I don't think Woodley has accepted the role yet, but as for her age, she'd be a twenty-one year old woman playing a high school girl.

Patrick Stewart let slip recently that he would be reprising his role soon as Prof. X, presumably for DoFP. Also, does anyone else here feel that Y: The Last Man is one of the most overrated comics ever?

Yeah, oops, I just meant young compared to Garfield. But I forgot that they're all playing high schoolers, so at that point, fuck it.

The new S.H.I.E.L.D. Tv show that's in development is getting an interesting (and awesome) new lead character: Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson.

How? I'm not sure. I see either two possibilities. One, it takes place at some point before the Avengers, which I wouldn't be to fond of. Or two, rather than it actually being Agent Coulson, it's a Life Model Decoy.

I'll post more details as I get them.

I hope that this is good. I feel like I could enjoy it, but if they're constantly talking about the future Avengers Initiative while winking at the camera it'd get old quick.

Not even Booster Gold?

Though I agree. TV shows end up going FOREEEEEEVER and become stupid if you do them. Movies are more manageable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011