Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Love the idea of Ant-Man, except it will of course be an origin story, as all comic movies are. That's what has me most excited for the sequels, actually. Even a new Green Lantern movie would theoretically have a head start in that it's not having to bother with the origin story yet again.

Who's directing Ant-Man? Still Edgar Wright? I know that's the rumor for years, and damn would that be fun.

used44 said:
Who's directing Ant-Man? Still Edgar Wright? I know that's the rumor for years, and damn would that be fun.

Yep, still Edgar Wright. I wonder if there will be a scene of Ant-Man taking down bad guys to the beat of a Queen song.

The teaser it not at all funny. I like Deadpool as much as the next guy but if you're going to hinge the game on his humor and absurdity, then the writing and voice-acting has to be stronger. I know it's just a teaser though.

Another interresting bit of news is that Warner Bros has summer of 2015 penciled in for thier Justice League movie. If they can get a complete script. And cast. And director. A partial script does exist and supposedly Ben Affleck was offered the director's chair but will likely pass. If the movie comes to fruition, WB may use it as the launching point for thier already planned Batman reboot.

a batman reboot... REALLY?

Who's genius idea is it to reboot movies that were just done, some may argue, almost flawlessly.

/facepalm.. this is getting old now, seriously

i wish hollywood would jump off the superhero band wagon and start trying to make video game movies properly.. there is a LOT of potential there.

More importantly why label it a reboot. Just make a non-origin Batman movie BECAUSE EVERYBODY KNOWS BATMAN'S PARENTS ARE DEAD!

Spoiler.

^^^ I would prefer that as well. I don't mind a new movie in a few years so much as I would if that movie were another origin story. Just throughout the opening credits, show little clips of Bruce's parent's deaths, finding the cave, making the weapons, putting on the cowl. Then start the movie two or three years into all the Batmanning.

Although, if tied together, the Justice League movie would provide all the setup needed.

As long as they use the New 52 line up of the Justice League I don't care. No Hawkman/Hawkwoman/Hawkgirl/Hawkvestite. Though I'd rather have MMH than Cyborg, but they'll have him anyway.

I really wouldn't mind if they went the Avengers route with this, rather than starting with JL and then branching off into separate series after. That way you give them the characterization first so you don't have to do it later.

Ive neglected to post any news in awhile, so I'll offer up all that I know. 

Jim Carrey has joined Kick Ass 2: Balls to the Wall. He will play Colonel Stars. 

Metal Hurlant Chronicles (repackaged as Heavy Metal stateside) is being developed in France as a half-hour television show. I never knew the magazine, but the animated Heavy Metal movie was one of the coolest and strangest things I saw as a young child. 

For better or worse, CW is looking for the next 'Smallville'. 'Arrow', based on the first exploits of Green Arrow debuts this fall. And in development is 'Amazon' which would apply the 'Smallville' premise to Wonder Woman. 

Bloodstrike, based on the early 90's Image Comics series, is getting the film treatment. It's the story of a "Bloodstrike" unit, which consists of soldiers who have been enhanced with vampire blood, making them an elite fighting force. On a personal note, I'm tired of vampires. 

The character of Radioactive Man may be in Iron Man 3, but that is still unconfirmed.

In casting news for Thor: The Dark World, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, from GI Joe and Lost, will play Algrim the Strong and Algrim's 'leveled-up' form Kurse. The 9th Doctor Christopher Eccleston will be Malekith the Accursed, ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim. 

I usually don't post rumors, but this one intrigued me. A person by the name of Roger Wardell claims to have inside info on the goings on of the Marvel movies in production. Recently, he tweeted this: "Inside News: There's something "Strange" about Thor: The Dark World."

So far the plan is to have Ant-Man go into production as soon as Thor is finished. 

The sequel to First Class will be called X-Men: Days of Future Past. 

The film rights to Daredevil have reverted back to Marvel. No plans for a movie at the time. 

ABC has greenlit a pilot to go into production based on SHIELD that will take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Joss Weadon will be an executive producer and may direct the pilot episode. I think it to be a great opportunity to showcase lesser Marvel characters that would never see any screen time otherwise. 

Justice League is still penciled in for 2015. Ben Affleck says he will not direct. Warner Bros is now eyeing the Wachowskis as thier top choice. They still may use it as a launching point for Batman and other standalone, but intertwined DC films. You can imagine the brass at WB shooting glares at The Avengers while trying to figure out what the hell to do with Aquaman. 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011