Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

2013 will have Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. 2014 will have Captain America 2 and...Gaurdians of the Galaxy. That's right, in a couple of years you will get to see Rocket Raccoon and Groot on the big screen.

My bet is that the unifying thread between Guardians and the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be Thanos.

That would make sense. It would be cool if the Guardians first encounter Thanos on his way to earth and then at the end THEY ALL DIE and Thanos gets to Earth, at which point the Avengers assemble.

Even then, fully expect it to be the worst comic book movie of all time.

WickedLiquid said:
Nothing will ever be worse than Batman and Robin. Not Spider-man 3, not Fantastic Four, not Green Lantern.... nothing.

yeah, it was terribly campy, but it will never match in my mind just how bad the acting was in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. I mean, that was fucking terrible. I had to leave the room.

Man, why is The Amazing Spider-Man opening Tuesday instead of this weekend. My weekend could fit it perfectly, for once.

used44 said:
Man, why is The Amazing Spider-Man opening Tuesday instead of this weekend. My weekend could fit it perfectly, for once.
Agreed, I'm super bored this weekend. I kept thinking it was releasing yesterday and every time I checked my phone a single tear rolled down my cheek.

So, I went to the Dodger game last night. Dark Knight Rises ads were everywhere. They should a big montage of the film.... tons of new footage... Bat-Pod stuff and all...

I'm... really... really hyped up right now. Did you know that it clocks in at TWO HOURS AND FOURTY FIVE MINUTES?

I just bought reserved seating tickets for Thursday at midnight. $45 dollars later. I'm supposed to fly to Wisconsin for a wedding early Friday morning too, but I don't give a shit because I'm on hype cloud 9. I think it's someone else's turn to disparage the movie and bring me back down.

And yes, three posts in a row, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

When I went to the theater last night there were a bunch of people trying to buy tickets. Ha.

Oh did I mention that Avengers was amazing, and I really need a comic book enthusiast nearby to just go on and on about it. I really loved that they showed that there are different levels of superheroes...X-Men movies are notorious for just everyone being awesome. And I always thought that if they brought in "aliens" comic book movies would be ruined, but they did a good job. Also, I think I prefer Ruffalo's Banner. So not Alpha, whereas every other actor has wanted to be a stong Banner who isn't overshadowed by the Hulk, Ruffalo just played a smart, introverted guy who has a cool "party trick".

42845247284.jpg

I don't mind the inverted color scheme, but I think it would look better if the central chest piece was still red. I'll wait and see it in motion first though to form a solid opinion.

Are ALL those suits going to be in the movie, or are they just showing off their suit-building talents?

used44 said:
Are ALL those suits going to be in the movie, or are they just showing off their suit-building talents?

I think those are just the various versions they've used up to this date in the movies. There's a scene in Iron Man 2 where he has a display with all the models.

Honestly I'm sadden by the recent Marvel Setpiece they have for the con. They used that exact same thing when Iron Man 2 came out. Oh well. At least we got to see a new suit.

As always, Comic-Con is a treasure trove of comic book movie information. I present to you posters, artwork and new official names of some upcoming movies. 

superman-man-of-steel.jpg

I'm really liking the mood of this image and the texture and look of the suit. 

iron-man-3_concept_art-610x301.jpg

May 3, 2013
Sir Ben Kingsley has been confirmed as the Mandarin. 

THOR2656.jpg

Here's hoping for the Enchantress and Executioner.

captainamerica2.jpg

Notice the lack of the numeral 2 for both films. I approve of this. 

2012-07-14-marvel_guardians02-533x474.jpg

Here's some promo art for Guardians. I really hope Rocket Raccoon has a Cockney accent. 

And coming soon...
ant-man-marvel-movie-logo.jpeg

No release date yet, but reportedly, test footage was screened at Comic Con with an undisclosed actor playing the titular hero. As soon as such footage is found I will post it. 

Man of Steel looks to be shaping up to be something good, and Marvel's Phase 2 is in full swing. I'm excited. 

I saw the Avengers again last night and it is definitely a better movie than Amazing Spider-Man. Still waiting on the jury for DKR though.

So many new Marvel movies revealed at once makes me kind of "meh."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011