Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

All i can say with all this hype... It better be a masterpiece or else heads will roll after opening night in the Imax theaters...

Blah, blah, blah. Nolan's movies are in a different category from most comic book movies, IMO. I don't look at, or judge them the same way. I'm not saying they're better, but he just makes enjoyable movies. I doubt it'll be as good as everyone's wildest expectations, but I bet it won't disappoint either.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Blah, blah, blah. Nolan's movies are in a different category from most comic book movies, IMO. I don't look at, or judge them the same way. I'm not saying they're better, but he just makes enjoyable movies. I doubt it'll be as good as everyone's wildest expectations, but I bet it won't disappoint either.

I think what makes them different is their complete lack of camp. Most of the superhero movies to come out recently have elements of camp - unbelievable villains, witty humor, etc. Nolan's batman movies have absolutely none of that. None of the villains are outside the realm of reason, and there really is no humor to speak of. Nothing besides Christian Bale being dressed in a batman suit to really tell you that it's a comic book movie.

I also think he emphasizes character a bit more, as well as a larger (and more importantly, more complicated than normal) story arch. I mean, you look at Thor, the movie essentially serves as a vehicle for the character to grow up a little and understand his father. All of the other super hero movies have extreme cliches like that. While Nolan's batman isn't free of that, I just find that the story and character motivations are far more complex than what seems a more simplistic style for the others.

I will agree that it is a lot more serious than the others. Which is partly why stuff like destroying the stadium and the batjet and stuff irks me a bit. They were already toeing the line, but this is crossing it.

Though in terms of writing, I liked Begins a bit more than Dark Knight. Dark Knight was a better all around movie, mostly due to Ledger having a great performance, but the whole "hero we deserve" thing was nowhere near the level of the stuff in Begins. It just seemed like a catchy line to try and compete with "great power comes great responsibility," but it completely lacks the punch and meaning.

As for Rises, it'll be good. As good as the others, probably not. We'll have to see. Ten bucks says he dies at the end and they have someone succeed him or something like that.

Truthfully, I'm looking forward to Amazing Spider-Man more. The more I see on that, the more I want to see it. I saw a clip of Peter talking to Gwen, and it was sooo perfectly awkward.

Anyway, it's low budget Avengers time!

You have to go into these movies with the attitude that they're going to be terrible. They WILL NEVER LIVE UP TO all the hype. EVER. Dark Knight Rises is going to be terrible and it'll be shit compared to TDK

danielrbischoff said:
Dark Knight Rises is going to be terrible and it'll be s*** compared to TDK

unfortunately true.. and it's all because Heath Ledgers Joker was flawless.

any scene i see in the trailer with cat woman in it i cringe. i don't mind anne hathaway, but i think she is going to be one of the main reasons this TDKR is kinda shyte.

have no idea why Nolan chose a girl without a badass bone in her body to play cat woman.

off the top of my head..

Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Mila Kunis would have been better choices. sure I could think of 1,000 more.

danielrbischoff said:
You have to go into these movies with the attitude that they're going to be terrible. They WILL NEVER LIVE UP TO all the hype. EVER. Dark Knight Rises is going to be terrible and it'll be s*** compared to TDK

You're probably right. I'll like it more that way anyways.

intoTheRain said:
unfortunately true.. and it's all because Heath Ledgers Joker was flawless.

any scene i see in the trailer with cat woman in it i cringe. i don't mind anne hathaway, but i think she is going to be one of the main reasons this TDKR is kinda shyte.

have no idea why Nolan chose a girl without a badass bone in her body to play cat woman.

off the top of my head..

Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Mila Kunis would have been better choices. sure I could think of 1,000 more.

While I would agree with you, I remember that when it was announced that Heath Ledger was going to be playing the Joker, my reaction was WTF? Really? And then I proceeded to be blown away by the movie. I don't remember thinking positively of the choice until after I had seen the movie, so I guess I wasn't impressed by the trailers anyways. So maybe that will happen again?

intoTheRain said:

off the top of my head..

Hot badass chick? Gina Carano?

So I have a question.

Why bring it back? I mean the first movie is hokey as all hell but it's at least fun to watch. Are we going gritty 90's on this comic movie too all of a sudden?

tigerlily521985 said:
intoTheRain said:

off the top of my head..

Hot badass chick? Gina Carano?

On my list of requirements they also need to be able to act.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011