Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

UghRochester said:
Man, I'm already loving Summer 2012. Get to legally drink, moving out of my dad's apartment, and The Dark Knight Rises. Unfortunately, I don't see no venom in Bane still. So, guess that means he's most likely not going to have it.

Yeah because if you don't know about it ahead of time, it's definitely not going to be in the movie.

Isn't everybody tired of the endless hype and previews for EVERYTHING nowadays. Movies and games both. I'm not even going to watch this newest trailer, unless it plays before some other film I see this summer. I feel like I've already seen movies that are releasing this summer, already played games that are dropping this fall.

Super annoying.

I have high hopes for Spider-man. Because Marc Webb did 500 Days of Summer! Hopefully we'll see more of the smart-ass Spider-man and a hopeless romantic Parker who doesn't go all emo.

I started this topic over two years ago with speculation on Iron Man 2, and here I am bringing news of the next film! 

More details are emerging on Iron Man 3. Parts of the movie are set in China and other parts will be set in Miami, Florida. Extras on set have seen Chinese storefronts being built and vehicles with the Miami PD logo. And while un-confirmed, others on set say that Mandarin is indeed in the film, quite possibly played by Sir Ben Kingsley.

Also on the adversary  front is Eric Savin, also known as the cyborg Coldblood. 

Another point of interest is the Iron Patriot armor

ironpatriot3.jpg

Obviously for film rights reasons, it's not going to be Norman Osborn in the armor, but supposedly the aforementioned Eric Savin. Perhaps before he gets blown up and put back together as Coldblood?

I've already posted before that this film should involve the Extremis armor, with Guy Pearce playing scientist Aldrich Killian.

I hate how the film rights interfere with the Marvel Universe. Say what you will about Disney but they did a great job building up to The Avengers and continuing this franchise. It makes me wonder how much better an X-Men movie would've been if the film was set up with First Class and a few other origin movies for the characters.

Having said that, there's so much going on for The Avengers film franchise that I'm ok with keeping it separate from Norman Osborn and anything Spider-Man related.

Can you imagine the fight over royalty fees? Who has ownership on all the little side characters, etc? Is there a definite split since some baddies are shared between Spidey and the rest?

Spider-Man film franchise is owned by Sony, Avengers by Disney and X-Men by Fox. So we'll never see Gambit fight Venom, or Hulk fight Juggernaut or Spidey teaming up with Iron Man to stop The Sentinals lol

This shit really should have reverted back to Marvel in the Disney buy up. I mean, I'm happy that Marvel is still largely its own entity, but I feel like they could be doing so much more if not for the rush to get all these characters on film from different studios. I honestly don't think that Sony is doing any better by Spider-Man than Marvel could have done.

Truly, they should collaborate and make percentages off the characters in cross-over movie arcs. Like, if Spider-Man is one of 6 super heroes on screen then Sony would get 1/6s of the appropriated revenue. Same goes for Fox and the X-Men, (also factoring in screen time etc).

God, why am I not a movie executive? I would make fan wet dreams come true.

You can't argue with the fact that a Wolverine/Spiderman movie would rake in enough cash to fill the Grand Canyon. Even a movie exec should be able to undrestand that a share of that movie would be worth working with the enemy.

It's the Halo thing all over again. In order to finance it they supposedly "HAVE" to do it together, but if one of them decided to put up the collateral they'd make it back and then some, no doubt.

Upon seeing the latest spiderman trailer, I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed on the movie. The mysterious parents shit is so tired and old. I just lost all faith when I saw that's what they were doing. We'll see, but it'll take some rave reviews to get me to spend my own money on a ticket.

NickKmet said:
Upon seeing the latest spiderman trailer, I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed on the movie. The mysterious parents s*** is so tired and old. I just lost all faith when I saw that's what they were doing. We'll see, but it'll take some rave reviews to get me to spend my own money on a ticket.

Honestly the parents thing made me re-think spider-man. I realized that I actually never thought about what happened to Peter Parker's parents until I saw the trailer. But as long as this movie is better than Spider-man 3 I'll be happy (being better than that movie won't be hard to accomplish)

Delorean88 said:
Honestly the parents thing made me re-think spider-man. I realized that I actually never thought about what happened to Peter Parker's parents until I saw the trailer. But as long as this movie is better than Spider-man 3 I'll be happy (being better than that movie won't be hard to accomplish)
There's an entire arc in the comics where they're actually still alive in a Soviet prison and then they come back and they're living with Aunt May.

And then Carnage gets loose and everything goes crazy.

Different studios could collaborate if they wanted. Just look at Roger Rabbit. But Hollywood is a business and in this day and age, each studio would want their character to be the STAR!. Unless one studio had everyone under their umbrella, I think a collaboration movie would end up suffering for it. 

Recently, Punisher and Blade reverted back to Marvel from Lionsgate and New Line, respectively. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige revealed that the characters of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are theirs too, as long as no mention is made of Magneto or mutants, alluding to possible additions to the next Avengers film. From what I've heard, Disney wants most of the comics universe back with Marvel. I think it's just going to be a matter of time before some get bought back and others return by default when a sequel or reboot fails to be made before rights can expire.

I found this list of who owns the film rights to what. For the most part, any not listed should be under ownership of Marvel Studios. 

20th Century Fox

Daredevil: Daredevil/Matt Murdock, Elektra (Natchios), The Kingpin/Wilson Fisk, Bullseye, Jack Murdock, Karen Page, Ben Urich
Elektra: Christine Cord/Tatoo, Typhoid Mary/Marry Alice Walker, Kirigi, Stick, Stone

Fantastic Four: Doctor Doom/Victor von Doom, Human Torch/Johnny Storm, Invisible Woman/Susan Storm, Mr. Fantastic/Dr. Reed Richards, The Thing/Ben Grimm, Nova/Frankie Raye, Alicia Masters, Willie Lumpkin

X-Men Mutants: [Agent Zero/Maverick/David North], Angel/Warren Worthington III, Arclight/Phillippa Sontag, Beast/Dr. Henry Phillip “Hankâ€

So shitty that fox has the rights to Kingpin. I know he's big to Daredevil, but I grew up with Spider-Man: TAS where Kingpin was hatching some bull shit plan every Saturday.

How did I know Paradox would come through? Because this is his domain and we're all visitors? Yeah, we'll stick with that cliched line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011