Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

And he'd also be a time traveling conquistador who wrestled and was a math genius.

Y'ALL JUST GOT ARONOFSKY'D BY ME AND WICKED

I'm trying to make this more than just Marvel and DC news, so here's some quick bites about some other upcoming comic based movies:

The Goon -  David Fincher  is producing this CGI animated film based on the Dark Horse comic series. 

Robert Rodriguez says Sin City 2 may still happen in 2012, but he's got a lot on his plate, including possibly directing Deadpool. Regardless of what he says, I wouldn't expect either film until 2013 or 14. 

The Icon Comics series Nemesis  is in line for production. It's about a Bruce Wayne-like billionaire turned villain. Tagline: What if Batman was the Joker?

R.I.P.D - Ryan Reynolds is set to star in yet another comic book adaptation, this one a Dark Horse title about a law enforcement agency that polices the dead (and the undead). Oh, and the agency is run by Satan.

Zombies vs. Robots - That's all you need to know. 

Y: The Last Man has been in development limbo for about five years now.  Latest news is new writers have been hired. Hopefully Shia LaBeouf will no longer be attached to star when production begins. 

Also in the pipeline is Christian Gossett’s “The Red Starâ€

A little news about Iron Man 3 today: Sir Ben Kinglsey is in final talks to play the movie's villian. Not sure who yet, but most likely will NOT be Mandarin.

Personally I was hoping the villian would be Namor. They could fight then team up against a bigger threat.

As for the storyline, the current script looks to be loosely based on the Extremis arc.

Production begins next month with a release date of May 3, 2013.

DKR pics of the Bat & the cat.

EWBatmanTDKRCatwCover412full1.jpg

catwomanpromoart__span.jpg

Guy Pearce may be the newest cast member of Iron Man 3. If so, he would play the role of Alrich Killian, a genetecist working on a technology known as "extremis."  

So it does look like Tony will be getting the Extremis armor in the next film. Sir Ben Kingsley is still to play the primary villain, whoever that may be. 

In DC news, Warner Bros. has hired Brad Peyton (director of Journey 2) to write and direct a move based on mercenary and bounty hunter, Lobo.

Guy Pearce is great.

Kingsley must be playing the Mandarin. I know the director has said Mandarin won't be in his films, but all signs are pointing that way. Iron Man 3 will even have Chinese funding, apparently.

^^^agreed about Mandarin. And while I don't have reputable confirmation, I hear that a bunch of Chinese extras are being hired for the film as well.

Man, I'm already loving Summer 2012. Get to legally drink, moving out of my dad's apartment, and The Dark Knight Rises. Unfortunately, I don't see no venom in Bane still. So, guess that means he's most likely not going to have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011