Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Paradox said:
Radioactive Man may be in Iron Man 3, but that is still unconfirmed.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

danielrbischoff said:
used44 said:
The Daredevil news is pretty rad. Fuck FOX's superhero movies.
The more I think about them, the less I like the X-men movies.

First Class was pretty awesome though.

For sure, the trilogy makes me nerd rage at times. Like why couldn't they have made Iceman an original member instead of making him a part of the younger generation as Rouge's love interest. Iceman was pretty much playing Gambit's role in the movies which pissed me off since Gambit has always been one of my favourites.

But X3 and Wolverine Origins was oh so bad. You don't kill off Cyclops so that Hugh Jackman and Hallie Berry can get more screen time, you don't abandon Rouge's origin by making her human, you don't give Wolverine bone claws as a child when his claws didn't come until Weapon X as a side effect from his adamantium treatment.. You don't turn Deadpool into... into whatever the fuck that was.

FUUUUUUUUU

/rant

WickedLiquid said:
you don't give Wolverine bone claws as a child when his claws didn't come until Weapon X as a side effect from his adamantium treatment..
Uh, that's actually part of the canon in every form except for the animated series.

And I hate to tell you this, but Morph never appeared in the comics either.

WickedLiquid said:
For sure, the trilogy makes me nerd rage at times. Like why couldn't they have made Iceman an original member instead of making him a part of the younger generation as Rouge's love interest. Iceman was pretty much playing Gambit's role in the movies which pissed me off since Gambit has always been one of my favourites.

But X3 and Wolverine Origins was oh so bad. You don't kill off Cyclops so that Hugh Jackman and Hallie Berry can get more screen time, you don't abandon Rouge's origin by making her human, you don't give Wolverine bone claws as a child when his claws didn't come until Weapon X as a side effect from his adamantium treatment.. You don't turn Deadpool into... into whatever the fuck that was.

FUUUUUUUUU

/rant

From what I read about the movie, they didn't kill off Cyclops just so Hugh Jackman and Hallie Berry could get more screen time. They didn't really have a choice as the actor playing Cyclops, James Madsen, Mardsen (can never quite remember) more or less bailed on them to go play the husband of Lois Lane in Superman Returns. Hence the off-screen death.

I saw the first X-Men, didn't want to see the second but eventually did on DVD, then only have seen bits and pieces of X3 playing on cable. Terrible series.

used44 said:
I saw the first X-Men, didn't want to see the second but eventually did on DVD, then only have seen bits and pieces of X3 playing on cable. Terrible series.

I really liked X-2 honestly. Was a good action movie. First Class is still the best story-wise.

Anyone looking at that Green Arrow TV show they are doing?

LinksOcarina said:

I rolled my eyes at it at first, but the latest footage has made me intrigued and I've heard some positive reviews of the pilot episode. It looks like CW will pair it with Supernatural starting October 10th.

UghRochester said:
LinksOcarina said:
Update me on this, because I watched Smallville before and didn't much care for it.

Me too, I'm curious about this, and far too lazy to Google it. What is it? Is it based on canon or "its own thing"?

EDIT:
I lied. Here's the trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk_ji5Yu_Mg

It could be interesting, but they changed it to "Arrow" and its "Starling City".

X-1 and 2 were good. I enjoyed them a lot, but superhero movies have moved pretty far beyond them in the last 5 years. And the last couple of X-Men movies until First Class just beat the crap out of my inner fanboy.

Still chuckling about Longo's Morph comment.

Longo_2_guns said:
WickedLiquid said:
you don't give Wolverine bone claws as a child when his claws didn't come until Weapon X as a side effect from his adamantium treatment..
Uh, that's actually part of the canon in every form except for the animated series.

And I hate to tell you this, but Morph never appeared in the comics either.

And who the fuck is Morph? lol J/K I watched the show.

But yeah, I was actually referring to the comics. When I read the comics Logan was not born with bone claws. Wolverine has been around since when, the mid 70's? It wasn't until 20-25 years later where they changed his Weapon X origin story and made his bone claws canon. Long after Wolverine's creator was done with writing his character. So the animated show got it right.

No, I'm not in my 50's but I grew up on X-Men Volume 2 that started in 1991. In that series I remember Magneto ripped out his adamantum and he had bone claws but it still wasn't revealed he always had them, Later on his origin was re-worked and they blamed it on Logan's memory loss from the Weapon X experiment. I thought it was dumb to do that but that's why it's called nerd rage!

Bart: "But they fought in this comic!"
Comic Book Guy: "It was a 'What If' comic, it never really happened."
Bart: "None of these stories ever really happened."
Comic Book Guy: "....Get out of my store."

Oh Simpsons, there's a quote for everything.

Back when I used to buy comics I really liked that X-Men series though I didn't get very far with it. It kinda lost me after that thing with Magneto. If I remember correctly, they kept carrying the Wolverine story arc to absurd degrees and had him being some ancient mutant that went back to Ancient Egypt or something and was one of Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. When he went into his berserker rage he would transform into some feral animal. Don't know what happened to the story after that. Also have that Weapon X graphic novel. That was a pretty good story and a well done book.

Oh umm, I didn't like the first X-Men, liked the second but was pissed that they hardly used Nightcrawler who was easily the the most interesting and well played character in the movie, and didn't care for the third one. Carry on...

WickedLiquid said:
Bart: "But they fought in this comic!"
Comic Book Guy: "It was a 'What If' comic, it never really happened."
Bart: "None of these stories ever really happened."
Comic Book Guy: "....Get out of my store."

Oh Simpsons, there's a quote for everything.

Hahahaha

In Wolverine's original origin story, he was also not a human mutant, he mutated from an animal to become humanlike. Also, it wasn't really until Chris Claremont started writing X-Men that he became anything more than a savage beast character. Also, Superman couldn't originally fly, so why would they include that in the movies? Also, why don't they show Professor X's origin of getting a rock dropped on him by an alien? And why is it that in Iron Man he doesn't have anything to do with the Cold War and why did they have him in the Middle East when everyone knows that he started in Vietnam.

The points I'm making are, 1) nearly every movie takes liberties with the source material to provide a better story (most of the time), 2) it's hilarious to make fun of you, and 3) no character starts out refined. While a lot of characters go through a lot of shit that is really dumb, what the character is and what the character was aren't always the same thing. And really, the whole bone claw Wolverine isn't such a bad thing.

And C_nate, I think you're thinking of Apocalypse, who's a pretty good character in his own right.

Yeah I was. It's been a while since I read the books but if I'm remembering the arc correctly, Wolverine was at some point one of his horsemen.

Yeah, he was. Though most everyone has served as a horseman at some point or another, what with there only being so many mutants and Apocalypse being immortal.

You forgot Ogre....

ogre.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandaMaster011