Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Haven't got around to to working on an update yet, but I felt this needed to be shared ASAP.

Jon Bernthal (The Walking Dead, The Wolf of Wall Street) has been cast as Frank Castle, aka The Punisher for season two of Daredevil. This seems like a good casting. I'm glad the character is in the hands of Marvel again.

punisher-bernthal.jpg

While there were talks about transitioning it to Syfy under the new name Hellblazer, Constantine has officially been cancelled and the cast and writers are released from their contracts.

As foretold by James Gunn a couple months ago, Marvel will indeed skip this year's San Diego Comic Con. Warner Bros and DC intend to fill the vacuum and are planning a 'significant event'.

The official synopsis of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice:
Fearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

James Wan (Furious 7) has been locked in to direct Aquaman.

Reportedly, Marvel and Sony are already having a lover's spat over who will be cast to play Spider-Man. Supposedly, Marvel prefers Charlie Plummer (Granite Flats, Boardwalk Empire) and Sony prefers Tom Holland (Wolf Hall). Normally I'd tell Sony to shut up and do what Marvel wants, but Plummer is only 13, which I think is too young for Spider-Man (Holland's nineteen). In any case, Captain America: Civil War is less than a year away and already filming, so unless Spidey will only appear masked, I'd expect casting news sooner rather than later.

Marvel is trying their damnedest to make sure people know Ant-Man belongs in the same company as The Avengers, going so far as to name drop the team in the latest TV spot and these new film posters:
91CE625A-7850-4E09-916A-575A13B9B684_zpsub2rxjmi.jpg

B14E80AB-08C6-4F78-BAA6-0A75DBF0E819_zpsbtrodm6h.jpg

6E19C112-2B8B-4100-8F84-7E8BA4E4883A_zpsx3hsgp3h.jpg

Also, six minutes of the film are debuting before IMAX screenings of Jurassic World.

Details on Captain America: Civil War (technically rumors, but from a traditionally reliable source):
SKIP THIS SECTION IF YOU WANT TO AVOID POTENTIAL SPOILERS!
•Black Panther's costume will be enhanced with Vibranium and during a showdown with Cap, will actually scratch Cap's shield.
•Hawkeye's costume will more resemble the 616 comics version and will have a full right sleeve.
•Ant-Man's costume will get a more modern/techno look and will take on his Giant-Man form (15 - 20 feet). There's also said to be a shot of Ant-Man perched on one of Hawkeye's arrows, ready to be fired.
•War Machine's armor will be upgraded to look more "tank like" and will have a new dual weapon that acts as a shoulder cannon/gun that can also be detached and used as a kind of warhammer/baton.
•It seems the film may have a version of Redwing (Sam Wilson's telepathically linked falcon in the comics). This Redwing would be a bird-like drone that Falcon can control remotely or via voice commands.
•Cap's trademark chain mail type suit may finally make an appearance as well.

Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years a Slave, Serenity) has been cast to play Baron Mordo in Doctor Strange.
dstrange-baron-fbpic.jpg

I'll leave you with this cool Static Shock fan film. It follows an adult Virgil Hawkins who has to learn how to embrace the powers of Static again.

Nineteen year old Tom Holland (The Impossible, Wolf Hall) has been cast as Peter Parker and is our new Spider-Man. Holland should make his debut next year in Captain America: Civil War, and will star in the next Spider-Man film set to release on July 28, 2017.

tom-holland-spiderman.jpg

This is the youngest actor yet to be cast as Spidey, which is great because he can age with the role instead of approaching 40 by the third film.

He's not Andrew Garfield, so that's a plus! But he's not Tobey Maguire, either. Minus for me. But fuck it, I'm so back in. Let's go Spidey!

Thought I'd squeeze in what little info I had before Comic-Con hits. Enjoy!

The Co-Showrunner of Daredevil is describing season two of the Netflix series to be like Daredevil vs. Punisher. Interesting.

The next casting news for season two of Daredevil is that Elodie Yung (G.I. Joe: Retaliation, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) will be playing Elektra.
Elodie-Yung-Elektra-Netflix.jpg

Here's the bikes Bebop and Rocksteady will be tooling around on in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
EEF24331-A175-490A-B67A-7FBCE68637A8_zpstnx3vvcz.jpg

The seventeen minute longer "Rogue Cut" of X-Men: Day of Future Past drops on disc and digital July 14th. Director Bryan Singer says he'll be bringing some stuff from X-Men: Apocalypse to Comic Con on July 11th.

Here's a couple of new shots from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Bats and Supes have words.
bvs-ew-bats-faces-supes.jpg

Lex with hair.
sw-bvs-cover-pic04.jpg

After Wolverine Origins, Blade 3, Green Lantern and Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds says he's done with comic book films (barring any potential DP sequels of course, he says).

The trailers released so far for Ant-Man have been a little underwhelming, but this Japanese trailer for the film does a pretty good job of selling the concept. Anto-Mon!

James Gunn revealed that the official title for the Guardians sequel will be...Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Not what I expected but it relates back to the importance of music in the first film while also being reminiscent of the numbering format of comic books themselves.

Gunn also posted his own review of Ant-Man online. He says he LOVED it and said it's in his top three fav Marvel films, right behind the first Iron Man and, of course, Guardians.

I'll leave you with this commercial tie in for Fantastic Four. Want a Thing Burger, Human Torch Skillet, Invisible Woman Slam, a Fantastic Four-Cheese Omelette or a Doom Lava Cake? Then get your ass to Denny's! To be honest, from the menu image I looked up, that Thing Burger looks pretty good.

Here's the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer shown at Comic-Con. Son of a bitch. Good shots of Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor. Lots of action. Shows what Bruce Wayne was up to when Supes fought Zod. Looking good.

I'll start working on a Comic Con update and have it up within the next few days.

seriously though, about Lex Luthor's hair. It's ridiculous beyond words.
It's like, hell, we get it, Lex had hair at one point, but did anyone see Professor X running track meets in X-Men: First Class? No! A little more understated would've gone a long way.

Margot Robbie is hot! However, she almost looks like Anne Hathaway with blonde hair. I like the actress who plays Waller, so far. I keep forgetting Will Smith is playing Deadshot. It looks like he's trying to portray an action hero movie and not sure how well that'll turn out. Killer Croc is not a beast. NEEDS MORE MUSCLE!. Still not sure about Jared Leto's Joker. David Ayer and Leto are definitely trying to do something else. This one is questionable and I try to ignore his tattoos.

I hope we get more Suicide Squad on Arrow. Really love the Deadshot on there.

That's an underwhelming trailer for Suicide Squad. So far, Leto's Joker feels like they just grabbed a Comic Con cos-player and put him in the movie. Why, why, why the stupid looking grill and tattoos? I think he has 'broken' or something on his head and Harley has 'rotten' on hers. Were the character concepts designed by fourteen year old emo kids?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle