Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

The new Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer looks quite good. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

I guess the only thing I found questionable was when Superman fired his laser vision at Batman, who dodged it by using his grapnel hook. That's a bit of a killing kinda move, isn't it? I'm pretty sure Batman wasn't even in his big armor stuff then so that's not even their major fight. I'm anticipating that this will be a long movie... two and a half, maybe three hours?

Suicide Squad looks okay. The trailer was a bit underwhelming, I agree... the only thing I don't like about Jared Leto's Joker is the tattoos. I actually don't mind the "grills" he's got, but I admit they are unnecessary. If he's gonna have tattoos, they should look ridiculously bad, as if he tried to draw them on himself and didn't give a shit about the results.

And apparently it was announced that Ben Affleck would be starring in his own Batman film and will also be one of the writers involved? Interesting!

Master_Craig said:
And apparently it was announced that Ben Affleck would be starring in his own Batman film and will also be one of the writers involved? Interesting!
He's also directing it, and is writing it alongside Geoff Johns, one of DC's best writers.'

Needless to say, I'm more excited about that than anything else coming out.

On Gotham, it is now confirmed that Cameron Monaghan's character from season one is in fact the small screen version of The Joker. Season Two is being billed as 'Rise of the Villains'.

Legends of Tomorrow is being billed as an Ocean's Eleven type show featuring superheroes. The show will premiere mid-season with lead in plots from both The Flash and Arrow. Hawkman was also confirmed as a new character as well.

Neal McDonough (Captain America: The First Avenger, Band of Brothers) will join season four of Arrow as main baddie Damien Darhk. We will also see the inclusion of Batman villain Anarky.

Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex) will play Jay Garrick on The Flash.
teddy-sears-jay-garrick.jpg

On Agents of SHIELD, Skye will be known as Daisy Johnson going forward and will adopt her codename of Quake. She'll also be assembling her own team of Secret Warriors. Also, the Inhuman Lash will be appearing this season as well.

Here's the final trailer for Fantastic Four that I think is the best sell so far. The young Reed parts look like it was lifted straight from the Ultimate comics origin. Ben needs some pants though.

A bootleg version of the Deadpool trailer shown at Comic Con leaked online. It's very poor quality though and Ryan Reynolds says the full trailer will hit in a couple of weeks so I'll just wait for that to post it here.

At Comic Con, Hugh Jackman had this to say about the next Wolverine film: "I've got three words for you guys: Old Man Logan. As I promised, this next time is my last time putting on the claws, it's one last time."

A teaser for X-Men: Apocalypse was shown at Comic Con but has yet to make it online. This movie poster for it was though that gives you an idea of what Apocalypse will look like.
3471B0AE-5EB3-4AE6-ABBB-071FAA621EFA_zpsvmhachsz.jpg

Stan Lee got a selfie with the casts of X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool and Fantastic Four.
stan-lee-selfie-sdcc.jpg

DC Entertainment consistently puts out good animated films. Next year they'll be releasing one based on...The Killing Joke. Cool.

At Comic Con, Warner Bros confirmed that the Green Lantern film that's slated for June 19, 2020 will be about the Corps itself, rather than just any one Lantern.

A closer look at Batman in the desert attire he was wearing in the latest trailer.
bvs-condust-pic-01(smaller).jpg

Some Bat stuff from Comic Con:
bvs-image-9-7-9.jpg

bvs-image-8-7-9.jpg

Ben Affleck will team up with Geoff Johns, DC Comics’ chief creative officer, to co-write a standalone Batman film in which Affleck will direct and star in. Awesome.

Marisa Tomei (The Wrestler, My Cousin Vinny) will play Aunt May in the upcoming Spider-Man relaunch.

Jaimie Alexander confirmed she'll return as Lady Sif for Thor: Ragnarok.

Oscar winning actress Tilda Swinton was in talks with Marvel to play the Ancient One in Doctor Strange. During a recent press junket for another film, she confirmed that she has indeed landed the part.

I'll leave you with the studio reactions when Marvel trailers get leaked vs when DC trailers get leaked.
62B93021-77F4-40C0-B2A8-F4BE15B78F23.png_zpspzgerrbr.jpeg

I've always favored a fashion concious Joker it looks dapper as F. This new one is just weird. But he's not going to kill my love of the Joker...he's just going to hurt it. Really really bad.

Thanks Craig, I really appreciate that.

And I say just go ahead and cast Mark Hamill as Joker. He could pull it off and he's the voice I hear in my head whenever I read anything about Joker.

00165sw.jpg

A live action Mark Hamill as the Joker would actually be really, really cool. I'd pay to see that.

I'm happy to hear that they're doing an animated film for The Killing Joke and that Mark Hamill will be in it as the Joker. Hell, according to Mark Hamill's official Facebook page, he even encouraged fans to rally together to get that movie made!

It's quite funny... it was originally announced that Mark Hamill would resign his role as the Joker in Batman: Arkham City back in 2011, but... the jokes on us for believing him, huh? :p

Yeah I thought so.

I'm glad Rocksteady got us with that one, e.g. "The Joker will not be in Arkham Knight", and technically he wasn't. :p

Here's a few official photos of the upcoming Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice film.

aynBBPV_700b_v2.jpg

And here's some official photos of the upcoming Deadpool film.

azV9m4Z_700b.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle