Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Master_Craig said:
I have a feeling it was Batman's voice augmented by that suit he was wearing, if that makes sense.
That's my thought. Also, hard to tell, but I think his mouth is moving thus asking that question.

I'm going to lead the news section with a brand new Fantastic Four trailer! I'm still not sold yet on how they're doing Doom (Is it really so hard to just make him a Latvarian monarch in a FF movie?) But everything else has me pretty interested now.
Fantastic-Four-Poster-3-small.jpg

Dominic Cooper (Captain America: The First Avenger) is set to play the lead role of Jesse Custer on the AMC show Preacher.
B0D7C33A-458B-4B12-B187-3765F996F9E6_zpsxpra90gg.jpg

Some of the first images from AKA Jessica Jones have come out.
Here we have David Tennant as Zebediah Kilgrave, The Purple Man, in a suit of that color. I'm hoping at some point his skin will be too.
483ED02E-4351-47C8-B713-599D284A44C2_zpsuxmweawa.jpg

Mike Colter as Luke Cage
CF56B2D6-61AE-4399-88F6-B7195E956A98_zpsc4ik5bxc.jpg

And one of Cage and Jones (Krysten Ritter) together. I'm guessing the show will start with them as a couple or they'll get together early in the show's run.
07C9C42A-A138-4D45-A358-549153664200_zpsochwvjdc.jpg

ABC and Marvel have begun work to develop a spinoff show of Agents of SHIELD.

Director Michelle MacLaren has departed from Wonder Woman citing creative differences. Reportedly, Warner Bros was looking to make a more character-driven film while MacLaren was supposedly aiming for an epic origin film along the lines of Braveheart. However, just two days after MacLaren left, Warner Bros named Patty Jenkins as new director. Jenkins has directed episodes of Arrested Development, Entourage and the movie Monster. She was also originally tapped to direct Thor: The Dark Work, but left that film due to her own creative differences issue.

Suicide Squad has officially began filming. To celebrate, director David Ayer released this cast photo:
C058BE55-DDC9-41C5-8263-AE0F4D2BAD18_zpsxf7jp9w5.jpg

Jared Leto wasn't able to make it to that first read due to touring with his band, 30 Seconds to Mars, but he still released his own homage image to his character in the film.
FC6AE6AC-9294-4832-AB1E-6B798D6D1A0D_zpscfml9ckx.jpg

The "Rogue cut" of X-Men: Days of Future Past should hit stores sometime this summer. It will contain all of the cut Anna Paquin scenes and run about 17 minutes longer than theatrical length.

Olivia Munn has been cast as Betsy Braddock, aka Psylocke for X-Men: Apocalypse.
munn-psylocke.jpg

Also for X-Men: Apocalypse, Ben Hardy (EastEnders) will play Angel.
ben-hardy-angel-600x300.jpg

Lucas Till will reprise his role of Havok in the film.

Thing from Fantastic Four:
49E129F5-AC92-4DF5-8F81-7977372FFBA9_zpsjamnfryd.jpg

Here's a good look at Yellowjacket from Ant-Man.
077A1ACB-5030-4E5F-806F-CD2AF179EDF0_zpswl975tpg.jpg

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool poses next to Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead.
26997A81-44D4-4667-9B56-5E6CDABA7D65_zps2bgstzhf.jpg

A seemingly scarred Wade Wilson.
deadpool-image-2-4-3.jpg

More images from Deadpool:
Deadpool-set-photo-1.jpg

Deadpool-set-photos-2.jpg

Deadpools-set-photos-5.jpg

Deadpool-set-photos-11.jpg

Deadpool-set-photos-12.jpg

Deadpool-set-photos-14.jpg

I imagine the sensors around the eyes are to digitally insert Deadpool's emotive white mask eyes.

Also for Deadpool, Ed Skrein (Game of Thrones, Ill Manors) will play the character of Ajax.
2C021C67-512F-4A9E-85D4-620256092255_zpsd9clf8uf.jpg

Here's a real clear view of Paul Bettany as Vision in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
9C19A5DE-5FBE-4B01-AAFA-660E3D25C2AC_zpscb6p3zvq.jpg

Joss Whedon says that while there will be the standard mid-credits scene at the end of The Avengers: Age of Ultron, there will not be a final end credits scene, like there was with the shawarma at the end of the first film.

I'll leave you with this:
Jesse L. Martin, Carlos Valdes and Rick Cosnett (Joe, Cisco, and Eddie on The Flash) are working on a short musical flick titled The Letter Carrier. They were trying to raise some funds on Kickstarter when Joss Whedon came in and donated enough cash for them to reach their goal. In exchange, the trio decided to sing The Ballad of Serenity a capella as a thank you to Whedon.

Hey, you didn't mentioned I told you about Jared Leto making a "The Killing Joke" reference. Glad I read that graphic novel, because it tells me more of how Tim Burton inspiration for his Joker.

With the advent of the internet and my ability to go outside, I can see pretty women on a daily basis. I'd rather have someone who can deliver her lines and exhibit several facial expressions.

I agree with Bret.

I was not a fan of Munn. I didn't like her back when she was on that one show or the many after that.

UghRochester said:
but she's great looking.

She's not all that attractive and her attitude and rumored promiscuity for fame are a huge turn off for me. I mean, I could overlook all of this if she could act. But she can't. So I won't.

Today marks the five year anniversary of the Comic Movie News thread! Five years and one hundred plus pages. I went and reread the topic from the beginning and made a few observations:

It all started on April 24, 2010 when I made a topic to discuss Iron Man 2. Shortly after, I decided to convert it into a catch all comic book movie (and later, TV) news thread.

There's so many posters who used to frequent this topic (and the forums as a whole) that are now gone. But there's others who've been around since the beginning, such as Bret, Chris Crime, Wicked and Longo.

We used to always speculate on Nathan Fillion playing a character in almost every comic film. He eventually showed up to voice the blue skinned alien that Groot nose raped in Guardians of the Galaxy.

I used to post on a lot more rumors in the past. I eventually quit posting them unless it was a really good one and I boldly prefaced them as rumor.

Chris Evans will play Captain America? You mean the douchey guy who played Johnny Storm? Guess I'll give him a chance.

Aw man, the trailer for Green Lantern looks pretty good!

Hey guys, we'll have a Hulk TV show on ABC in 2012! Guillermo del Toro will be involved too!

Edgar Wright's doing a script for Ant-Man! Can't wait to see that!

There was some sharp debate and division over X-Men: First Class and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Hey guys, according to the Warner Bros president, we'll get a Justice League movie in 2013!

Poor Bretimus fell for my Howard the Duck cameo in The Avengers 2012 April Fools joke.

Pages and pages of debates over what the best and worst comics films are.

SURELY Bane will use venom at some point in The Dark Knight Rises, right?

Ugh was thisclose to being an extra in The Dark Knight Rises. Stupid Yahoo email.

Holy shit, that first trailer for The Avengers got us all wet in the panties.

Alright, here's the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises!...and I can't understand a thing that Bane's saying. He's still gonna use venom right?

Ghost Rider: FIRE. PEE.

A Green Arrow TV show? That's going to suck and no good will ever come from it.

Ok, that Justice League movie may be pushed back to 2014.

Used on how he thought Guardians of the Galaxy would turn out:
used44 said:
Even then, fully expect it to be the worst comic book movie of all time.

Alright, maybe Justice League in 2015.

I used to just do updates as I got info, often daily, sometimes a few times a day. Thanks go to Dan for saying he liked the larger periodic updates, which is how I generally do them now. Dan always seemed to be one the biggest supporters of my updates and this topic.

A few things I predicted wrong, such as a Planet Hulk movie. Other things I got right, like X-Men: Days of Future Past resetting series continuity, and Ultimate Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

As the cast for X-Men: Days of Future Past grew, I became biased. I was afraid shoehorning so many characters into the film would make every role feel like a cameo. I was wrong and it all fit wonderfully.

What's with all these meetings between Vin Diesel and Marvel? Who's he going to play?

Simon Pegg will be Ant-Man!

Wait, Ben Affleck is the new Batman?

That Guardians of the Galaxy movie actually sounds pretty neat.

Oh no, Michael Bay is doing Ninja Turtles, my childhood is raped, blah, blah, blah.

Quicksilver in Days of Future Past looks lame. They're only squeezing him in to stick it to Marvel and Joss Whedon before Age of Ultron comes out. (Boy was I wrong, he had probably the best scene in the film).

My posting style has changed over time. I think it's become more of a serious and professional style overall.

Alright, Ben Affleck is Batman!

Spider-Man will be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

When this topic began, I think the only comic based show was Smallville. Now we have what feels like roughly 80 of them, with more new ones and spin-offs to come.

Deadpool's actually getting a film? Bet it's going to be rated PG-13 thoug--nope rated R bitches!

Thank you all for reading what I post in here and supporting this topic. I plan to keep this thing going for as long as I can.

Now that the mushy stuff is out of the way, I'll add on what news I've gathered in the past week:

A second season of Daredevil is confirmed and should bow on Netflix in early April 2016. I just finished the current run yesterday. It was awesome all the way through.

Adrianne Palicki (Bobbi Morse aka Mockingbird) and Nick Blood (Lance Hunter) are finalizing deals to headline the planned Agents of SHIELD spinoff series.

Tyler Perry is set to play Baxter Stockman in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
92717A5B-001F-46E0-BBCF-BB272DEC33F7_zpssjtvkah6.jpg

Also confirmed for the Turtles sequel: Bebop and Rocksteady. Cool.

Previously, I reported that Valiant Comics was getting their own cinematic universe in a similar vein to Marvel and DC. The first film will be Bloodshot and is aiming for a 2017 release. Four other films will follow: a second Bloodshot, two Harbinger films, and fifth film to combine both called Harbinger Wars. Bloodshot already has John Wick directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski attached. If the first five films are successful, production will proceed on films for Archer & Armstrong and Shadowman.

Here's a short video that offers some closeup looks of the Batmobile from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Here's fan-shot footage from the set of Deadpool of 'Pool giving Ajax a lift.

I'll leave you with an impact and knife resistant homemade Batsuit created by a 21 year old university student.

And once again, thanks to all for sticking around all these years and letting me bring the news to you.

This thread has educated me so much about comic book characters. I would have been an extra in The Dark Knight Rises, but I had no vehicle at the time and couldn't take the chance of being stuck in Pittsburgh by using different buses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod