Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Alright, this next part is NOT part of April Fools.

It was announced earlier today that Deadpool was going to be rated PG-13. And then later in the day, Ryan Reynolds did an interview with Mario Lopez revealing this...

Turns out the PG-13 thing was a joke and the film will indeed be rated R. Also in that video is the actual suit from the film. This makes me want chimichangas. I should have a real update tomorrow or the next day. And hooray, this thread has hit 100 pages!

The spinoff show of The Walking Dead now has a name: Fear The Walking Dead. Don't care much for the title. Seeing as how the show starts in Los Angeles at the beginning of the walker outbreak, I'd think a better name would be The Waking Dead.

Castings for the AMC show based on the comic book Preacher:
Joseph Gilgun (Misfits, This is England) has been cast as Irish vampire Cassidy.
ED27DFE1-1234-4B9A-AF31-6112FCFCF808_zpsejpspq4j.jpg

Ian Colletti (Rake) has been cast as Arseface.
F77F5514-DDF6-49D1-8042-0059C40F2ADD_zps7hf4y2yv.jpg

And Ruth Negga (Agents of SHIELD, 12 Years a Slave) will play Tulip O'Hare.
301F422D-C470-43A2-97A0-29288E8537EF_zpsmtn4al40.jpg

As Ugh already posted, relative unknown Ciara Renée will play Hawkgirl on the Arrow/Flash spinoff show and Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who, Broadchurch) will play the not-as-interesting-as-Booster-Gold role of Rip Hunter. At least with Hunter, perhaps pappy Booster will still show up at some point.
rip-hunter-arthur-darvill.jpg

Cheo Hodari Coker has been named showrunner of the Netflix Luke Cage series. Coker has worked on shows like Entourage and Southland and the film Notorious about Biggie Smalls.

The sequel to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles begins filming next month in New York City and Buffalo with new director David Green (Earth to Echo). It already has a scheduled release date of June 3, 2016. Also as previously posted by Ugh, Stephen Amell (Arrow) is said to be playing Casey Jones. I initially chalked that one up to an April Fools story, but still haven't seen any correction, so I assume it to be true.
TMNT-2-Casey-Jones.jpg

Reportedly, the first trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is to be attached to Mad Max: Fury Road which releases on May 15. As soon as the trailer hits online, I'll post it in here.

First look at Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
lex-luthor.jpg

In a late casting decision, Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje (Thor: The Dark World, Lost, Oz) will join Suicide Squad as Killer Croc. Where he'll fall between scaly skinned big guy version or full on croc version remains to be seen.
killer-croc-adewale.jpg

A new teaser poster for Fantastic Four is out that showcases some of the team's look and abilities.
6DD8F0FE-43E5-4F6F-8672-3BAC021E1928_zpstekxrsxq.jpg

I admit that I'm intrigued by this movie and pray to Thor that it'll be good.

Another poster has surfaced as well that gives the best look yet at how Thing will likely look.
11033045_415609145284844_77022072_n.jpg

According to T.J. Miller's Twitter feed, the role he's playing in Deadpool looks to be of the unfortunate sidekick Weasel.
C33ABECA-2BB3-4777-A65B-A24F0A92AB84_zpsipwwpiko.jpg

Jennifer Lawrence says that X-Men: Apocalypse will be her last X-Men film.

Also for X-Men: Apocalypse, Brian Singer has cast unknown young teen/girl Lana Condor as Jubilee.

Joe and Anthony Russo (directors of Captain America: Winter Soldier and Civil War) are confirmed to be taking over from Joss Whedon and will direct The Avengers: Infinity War - Parts 1 and 2.

Continuing on with the Russos, Captain America: Civil War begins shooting on April 1st. The released synopsis is familiar territory for readers of the subject matter:
Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies.

Here's one final (supposedly) TV trailer for The Avengers: Age of Ultron. I only post it because it has some new footage plus includes the first speaking scene of Quicksilver.

I'll leave you with this twenty minute fan film that was shot for $10,000 thirty years ago that had actually gotten approval from DC. Aquaman: The Cast of the Angler

If you don't want to wait for the official release, the leaked bootleg trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is behind that link. If you want to see it, catch it before Warner Bros pulls it.

I can already tell that I'm going to like Affleck's Bat-voice over Bale's.

EDIT: dammit, as soon as I posted this, it was pulled. I'm at work, so I don't have time to look for another link, unless someone wants to look for one for me...

In their defense, the movie is still almost a year away. Im sure we'll get more tantalizing trailers by summer and Christmas.

Paradox said:
In their defense, the movie is still almost a year away. Im sure we'll get more tantalizing trailers by summer and Christmas.

True.I hope it isn't all bleak, all the time. I get enough of that between Arrow and Daredevil! Surely there will be sunshine? Rainbows? Lollipops?

You can tell that's the power armor he wears in The Dark Knight Returns. I'm glad they're just focusing on those two in the trailer instead of the other superheroes announced for the film.

Most folks ive talked to have poo-pooed the trailer completely.

Saying it looks ridiculous and it's boring...i'm not sure why I thought it was effective.

I liked it for what it was. It's a preliminary trailer for a movie that comes out next year. It set the mood for the film and did what it needed to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle