|OT| Battlefield 3

I will purchase Battlefield 3 and play with other Revolutionaries on....

• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Xbox 360

• Tiger Handheld

• Total voters
I'm a courteous guy, and do what I can for my team regardless if I can hear them or they do it for me. Been playing as an Engineer mostly, enjoy working as a gunner for vehicles.

I've absolutely fallen in love with the multiplayer.

Single player, not so. The campaign really feels like they just combined a couple CoD stories together...

StickyGreenGamer said:
I'm a courteous guy, and do what I can for my team regardless if I can hear them or they do it for me. Been playing as an Engineer mostly, enjoy working as a gunner for vehicles.

I've absolutely fallen in love with the multiplayer.

Single player, not so. The campaign really feels like they just combined a couple CoD stories together...

Really. Were flashbacks/interrogation...really a good idea? I wonder about DICE sometimes. Modern Combat's SP was decent. Should've stuck with that.

No one will ever do flashbacks/interrogation better than Black.
I don't care what anyone says. Black was CoD before CoD was CoD'ing all over the place.

Too many quicktime events. Story is nonsensical. In an attempt to build tension they spoil a few points and then attempt a dramatic build up but fall well short.

It wasn't just the interrogation/flashbacks though. Its everything.

The Paris level, shades of the last part of Act 1 in Modern Warfare, shades of the Airport in Modern Warfare 2. The Kaffarov (sp?) level, highly reminiscent of the Villa level in MW2. Its just...all very similar. I will say "Rock and a Hard Place" is probably the best mission, and the truest to what Battlefield is.

The idea of using Force Recon for the majority of the story, not really a fan of. One of the most misunderstood units in the U.S. military. Throughout half of the story, they are taking missions that would've just been assigned to standard Marine Corp units. The other half are more specialized tasks that would've been assigned to higher level special forces. Nitpicking, I know.

Another serious nitpick. For a game that is so heavily military based, you think they would've shown the proper respect due to the Marine Corp. Marine. Always capitalized. Proper noun. How they let that get by, who knows.

With so many of the achievements being in the single player you would think that they wanted to emphasize that aspect more, yet it was utter garbage as Daniel pretty much summed up in the review. I doubt I am really spoiling anything by this point when I say that everybody dies. Just terrible storytelling. I didn't expect much since I know it is basically a multiplayer game with some single stuff thrown in but every time they introduced someone I would say oh great I cannot wait til this guy dies in some hope of making me feel something.

All that being said, I'll be on in a few minutes playing the awesome MP on ps3, hoping I don't wind up on a team that blindly runs into bullets instead of actually trying to achieve the objective.

daverabbit said:
With so many of the achievements being in the single player you would think that they wanted to emphasize that aspect more, yet it was utter garbage as Daniel pretty much summed up in the review. I doubt I am really spoiling anything by this point when I say that everybody dies. Just terrible storytelling. I didn't expect much since I know it is basically a multiplayer game with some single stuff thrown in but every time they introduced someone I would say oh great I cannot wait til this guy dies in some hope of making me feel something.

All that being said, I'll be on in a few minutes playing the awesome MP on ps3, hoping I don't wind up on a team that blindly runs into bullets instead of actually trying to achieve the objective.

I would have liked to find that out on my own.
Whatever though.

See you guys on Wednesday. :D

TheJx4 said:
daverabbit said:

I would have liked to find that out on my own.
Whatever though.

See you guys on Wednesday. :D

Don't worry, you would have. About 10 minutes into the game. Story telling mechanics in this game get an F-.

I attempted to play Squad Rush quite a few times yesterday. Kept dropping me into matches with 3 people.

Looks like I'll be getting this come Black Friday (I don't even have to go, a friend is picking it up for me!!!) But here's a question. If I get this on PS3 how many people from round here are even playing it?

Bretimus_v2 said:
Looks like I'll be getting this come Black Friday (I don't even have to go, a friend is picking it up for me!!!) But here's a question. If I get this on PS3 how many people from round here are even playing it?

Dan, DaveRabbit, Ananymous, err...probably missing 2 or 3 people. Ting hasn't accepted my friend request, so I don't know if he's playing it.

*WINK WINK WINK WINK WINK*

Bretimus_v2 said:
Still plenty of people... me even more so when Karkand lands. I've got it on PC now though so that's where I've been spending the majority of my BF time.

Honestly, I haven't heard great things about MW3 or BF3, but I enjoy the BF playstyle more and know that they're usually a lot better about fixing issues. BC2 had a couple patches put into it, and they smoothed out the play experience and balance issues, so I'm hoping that happens with BF3.

I'm just wondering because it's always nice to know the people you're playing with.

danielrbischoff said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
Still plenty of people... me even more so when Karkand lands. I've got it on PC now though so that's where I've been spending the majority of my BF time.

You should add me to your friends, Dan. I'm TheEvilMayor (on PC).

I'll be on sporadically late nights as its my current multiplayer of choice. Did pick up arkham city on best buy early black Friday deal so that may consume my free time once it arrives.

Amazon is full of shit. I was supposed to get a full refund and they gave me $15.97

Took off for a bunch of promotions that don't exist.

Got a 23 kill streak on Operation Metro yesterday. I was like "WTF?! No C-130?!"

No, kind of got lucky but still, best I've done so far. Got the Combat Efficiency Ribbon like 7 times and the Handgun Ribbon 5 times for that round.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle