Mass Effect 3 |OT|

I know you super stupendous people aren't tech support but I always ask here before going elsewhere...

I'm having issues with ME3... It won't load properly. I put the disc in and start it up and I get the menu screen followed by the "checking save data" followed by "checking Downloadable Content" and then nothing... It stays there. bottom right is the "loading" icon and the spinny circly thingy. Top left is nothing, center is "checking downloadable content" It just stays like that. I can't interact with the menu. I CAN "press Y to log on to EAonline" and then the galaxy at war map shows up in the background then nothing else. My brother in law can load his characters and save game with the same game disc no problems.

Probably a problem with the connection to the silly EA network. Try playing offline and see if that helps.

they were but I moved everything offline... I'm about 40 hours in on 3 play throughs so I'm assuming it aint the disc

I'll try longo

The female Turian does look weird, but I think looks pretty cool and appropriate. I guess it just feels weird to see because this is the first time we've actually seen a female Turian.

Here's my thoughts on the game, sorry but may contain spoilers:

I was pretty happy with Mass Effect 3 for the most part, but like almost everyone I was disappointed by the ending (for the sake of spoilers, I picked the 'blue' ending first). I didn't get the Extended Cut DLC though, I kinda just... decided to be really sad and watch the endings on YouTube instead.

I really enjoyed the game play. It felt heavily improved from Mass Effect 2. Running around, dodging and rolling, using the Omni-Blade, it was fun. I also liked how weapons could be upgraded and in all honesty, the original item system in the first Mass Effect, while more along the lines of a 'proper' RPG really annoyed me. I prefer the simple item system used in the second and third games.

The presentation was fantastic. I was blown away by the graphics and especially the soundtrack, the voice acting and writing was pretty good for the most part. The plot for the most part (again, save for the ending) was strong and emotional. Not many games pull me in like that.

Regarding the Extended Cut, I was happy that Bioware tried to... "resolve" the endings, for free too, but I really wish they didn't need to do that from the start. I wish they just, I dunno, had a better ending(s) to begin with. I honestly felt that the endings to begin with weren't really acceptable or justifiable. I accepted them, but I wasn't happy with them.

I still haven't played any of the DLC... but the DLC that's coming out makes me want to play again. :)

spartan317 said:
they were but I moved everything offline... I'm about 40 hours in on 3 play throughs so I'm assuming it aint the disc

I'll try longo

I remember when the game came out it had issues loading due to Cloud storage. That said, I don't know if it was fixed yet.

OK So I fixed it... I knew that EA was a big company and unwieldy in its movements but this pissed me off...

My ME3 was made unplayable while connected to the internet because I had turned off the "auto login to Origin"... Really EA? I don't want to be logged in at all times so you make my game unplayable online?! FUCK!!! 2 months its been like that... Thank christ for Borderlands and ACIII

spartan317 said:
OK So I fixed it... I knew that EA was a big company and unwieldy in its movements but this pissed me off...

My ME3 was made unplayable while connected to the internet because I had turned off the "auto login to Origin"... Really EA? I don't want to be logged in at all times so you make my game unplayable online?! FUCK!!! 2 months its been like that... Thank christ for Borderlands and ACIII

Yeah EA needs to recant that policy...

Playing this again for GotY consideration and Mars is probably my favorite mission, at least in terms of the soundtrack pacing and atmosphere. Also I hate how you get Ashley back and immediately lose her for a third of the game.

danielrbischoff said:
Playing this again for GotY consideration and Mars is probably my favorite mission, at least in terms of the soundtrack pacing and atmosphere. Also I hate how you get Ashley back and immediately lose her for a third of the game.

eh, Kaiden had it coming. It also helps to heighten the tension depending on choices later on during the cerberus coup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle