|OT| Battlefield 3

I will purchase Battlefield 3 and play with other Revolutionaries on....

• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Xbox 360

• Tiger Handheld

• Total voters
Yeah, like every competitive multiplayer shooter, it's getting to the point where people who have been playing the game 24 hours a day since launch are taking over. That initial month was a blast but now it's tough to find a match that's going to be fun and competitive instead of one full of high level players that spam the RPGs and grenade launchers.

EA-Logo.jpg

And

origin.jpg

used44 said:
Yeah, like every competitive multiplayer shooter, it's getting to the point where people who have been playing the game 24 hours a day since launch are taking over. That initial month was a blast but now it's tough to find a match that's going to be fun and competitive instead of one full of high level players that spam the RPGs and grenade launchers.

Not necessarily true. I've consistently ranked within the top ten on all the games i've played and i'm only level 9 now. It's just about playing smart and working with the team you have, even if they are all duds. Try to revive dead players but don't go running out into incoming fire. Use cover. Which is the most important thing imo. As soon as you get hit, prone. hit the deck and crawl along a wall to gather your bearings. run in the opposite direction and camp a little if you have to. I'm pretty handicapped at the moment with the amount of unlocks i have compared to much higher level players, but if you work with what you have and play smart you won't always get your arse kicked.

used44 said:

I sold my copy the other day. It was enjoyable, and quite fun for a while, but things have started to get out of hand.

People who have 23+ service stars for a class, 12+ on sniper rifles and other things. You get the people in the helicopters and planes who do nothing but spawn rape.

There still is enjoyment to find though, just have to get in with a good group.

I'm at that point where I'm overhauling my play style. I have a good group that keeps me coming back. We usually get Ace Squad, we stick in two-man packs, and for the most part we aren't cheap. Still has it's play value, but man, ME2 has me glued to it at this point.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I have a good group that keeps me coming back. We usually get Ace Squad.

Same here, but getting Ace Squad is always pretty easy. From my experience with Conquest on the PS3, most people average less than 2,000 points per round. People screw around too much in Jets/Choppers. And not being able to communicate with your entire team to plan strategy is a real bummer.

I noticed in some games there was an ability to talk to some squadmates, it's a game problem and a lack of mic problem when it comes to the PS3 version.

If you get a decent team regardless of rank you can do well even against high level players, I've noticed people ignore using tanks or even the jeeps to get to conquest points faster. I find BF3 quite enjoyable when I get a good team that watches each others backs and actually acts like a squad (albeit one that can't talk to each other).

Once I pick up a slim PS3 I'll have to get back on and crank out some more levels, I really enjoy the B2K maps and most of the stock maps on conquest and even rush sometimes.

Yea, a full squad with microphones on PS3 = pure cacophony. I hope this gets fixed soon. Two people in a squad can chat just fine. But add a third, and everyone becomes choppy. It sounds like I'm taking my fingers and plugging my ears repeatedly.

I think it's just an issue on PS3. All of my buddies say they have the same problem, so at least it's not just me. Never had this mic issue with BC2.

When I play on PC it's only with my group of friends who play together. We like to use teamspeak so we can communicate cross-squad.

I know you PS3 users are excited for the next patch. Personally, I am a little bummed. I won't get to teabag all those fun loving frag round users (most of which send me hate messages when I dominate them with my Pecheneg - you'll think it's raining 54mm when I round the corner). Then again, I teabag almost everyone.. And I wonder why I get all the hate.

So...Premium Service?

In general, it seems to be nothing more than a total DLC pack for the price. If you don't have Karkland already, it could be a possibly good deal. The question is how long this community will persist. If it is only till Warfighter and BO2 launch, could this be considered a decent investment?

I'm going to pass on it. Close Quarters and Armored Assault have no allure for me. In general, this is just money I'll spend to by Bad Company 3.

The only way this is a good value is if you don't already have the DLC. The hardcore fans that they're targeting already have the DLC. So what the fuck?!

I don't see how Armored Kill is remotely convenient for consoles, considering the fact that vehicles take up a lot of memory. The maps are apparently very large, so...expect basic destruction.

I won't purchase Back To Karkland. In fact, I'm still arguing that EA needs to give it to me for free, being that I've purchased new copies of Battlefield 3 twice. I don't think I'll win, but I'm going to keep arguing.

Not very interested in Close Quarters. Armored Kill however...

Aberdeen was my favorite map from BF1942. Armored chaos, complete chaos. I would like to see a form of a map like that. Hopefully they can deliver something close.

But yeah, questionable decision making on the Premium service. None the less, I've already seen tons of premium members.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle