|OT| Batman: Arkham City - This is my city.

Which platform are you getting Batman: Arkham City on?

• PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 360

• Waiting to get it on PC

• Not getting it.

• Total voters
Did you guys play the original too? I loved the first one and I don't know if it was because of that but once I started playing the new one I was instantly hooked.

Yeah, I played the original and loved it.

Update: So for those who care, I've been playing it for a few hours now, and now I'm having a blast. I think my initial hiccups where the controls, they were kinda weird at first, and I kept getting thrashed in fights because I would forget I could do one thing or another. Great game, though, now that I'm getting into it. Glad I bought it. It went from "meh, it's alright" to "This rocks." The side-quests are fun, at least, some of thing, others are standard hunt for the item quests, while others are more involved. I keep getting distracted trying to find stuff though now that I'm getting used to the controls and other aspects of the game.

The best part of Arkham City is how much it truly feels like you're batman. The cast of characters add to that feeling but it's ultimately the raw gameplay and traversal that brings it home.

danielrbischoff said:
The best part of Arkham City is how much it truly feels like you're batman. The cast of characters add to that feeling but it's ultimately the raw gameplay and traversal that brings it home.

Yeah, there was once or twice while playing it that I found myself muttering about how combat was simplistic and far too easy. Then I thought about it. Batman is badass, he should handle a group of thugs like that.

Time invested in this game winds up equaling more enjoyment. The true beauty is once you have everything unlocked and your free to attack things how you prefer rather than what you are limited to.

Zipline into a group of enemies, throw a smoke bomb and a few batarangs, electrocute someone, then stomp all the rest of them right in their ugly faces.

Did you guys play the original too? I loved the first one and I don't know if it was because of that but once I started playing the new one I was instantly hooked.

I loved the original. None the less, I felt this was a complete improvement over it in just about every fashion.

So if I ace the main story and all of the side quests, do I unlock anything?

After seeing the 3 trophy figurines for Catwoman, I was hoping that I would at least unlock Batman: TAS. That is, until I hopped on PSN last night and saw the $5 Skins DLC (that actually has some cool skins).

Bretimus_v2 said:
So if I ace the main story and all of the side quests, do I unlock anything?

After seeing the 3 trophy figurines for Catwoman, I was hoping that I would at least unlock Batman: TAS. That is, until I hopped on PSN last night and saw the $5 Skins DLC (that actually has some cool skins).

I did all the side quest stuff, AR training, combat challenges, riddler stuff and it just unlocks certain challenge maps, art stuff, character models, all those extras.

As for the main story, finishing it unlocks new game + which lets you play the game over with all the gadgets you unlocked from the start. The flip side to that is the enemies are a lot stronger and are armed with all their weapons from the start as well. And for the little extra cherry on top, the little spidey sense thing that lets you know when you are about to be attacked so you can counter is not there so you have to time your counters without the visual aid.

Trophy hunt is done, sons! I had 5 physical Riddler challenges staring me down. So that means it's NG+ and Riddler's Revenge.

Also, the Freight Train DLC is awesome. Side scroller!

Yeah that makes me want a side-scroller Metroidvania-styled Batman game from Rocksteady.

I loved NG+! I pretty much destroyed AC on Hard Mode and jumped straight into NG+. What a challenge it was too; no visual clues, mixed enemy units, less hiding places, more aware enemies... and the goddamned Batman to kick the shit out of them! With the occassional help of Catwoman, of course.

Also, since you don't have to hunt down Riddler trophies if you've done them all during the standard game, you can focus more on the story itself. Since I didn't get sidetracked the second time around I had a much clearer understanding of what was going on.

The story ending though... GAH! It still gets to me. It shocked me the first time around, and the second round I found it all the more gripping. The little hints along the way, the visual clues (use your enhanced vision during on specific fight for example...). Did anyone catch that little throwaway line about a specific supervillain which turns out to be all important? God, how could I have missed that all the first time around? So did the worlds greatest detective, but usually I am a bit more genre savvy about this.

Now I only log back into AC on occassion just to talk to the calendar man. I've set my console clock a bit back several times, since I missed out on thanksgiving and christmas. Creepy guy that, I never took him that seriously, but AC turned him into quite the dark character.

Alright, I need some tips from real people. Not crazed youtube video makers. I suck at getting all three question marks on the combat Riddler Challenges. Any tips or things that worked well for all of you? Help me Daniel Bischoff (read: Batman), you're my only hope.

Have you gotten the freeflow focus combat upgrade?
Have you gotten the upgrade so special moves only require 5 hits instead of 8?
Have you gotten the upgrade so that critical hits give you 2 combo points?

The key is getting a super long combo. Freeflow focus slows down enemies and speeds up batman making it a lot easier.
Focus on the special-type enemies first, so do the aerial attack on dudes with the shields, use the disarm special move on guys with the stun sticks.

My last tip is really abuse the beat down move. What'll happen is you'll start doing a beat down and some other dudes will approach to attack. Counter them, then just keep hammering on the guy.

Beware of shield dudes since their attacks can't be countered, you have to dodge. Same goes for knife attackers. Remember not to release the counter button until they've done the three swipes (four for the ninja women).

Yeah, it's not Batman who is having the problems. It's all me. I've 100%-ed the Normal Mode and have all the bells and whistles. Acheiving two "? is easy. But I keep falling short of 3. Did you try for the gadget bonuses or just focus on fists?

I hardly ever used gadgets. The secret is a giant combo. That's the only thing you should focus on. That's why freeflow focus is so good. It'll making countering easier and with the slow-mo you just have to focus on the trickier enemies.

Also, sometimes it's better to dodge than to counter.

Oh and if you can, end the giant combo on a ground take down. When there's only one guy left, do the ultra stun (stun stun stun) and get him on the ground. then do a ground take down. It's worth 75 points so if you have combos up into the 100s like i did i'll put a nice 7500 point cap on the round for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod