|OT| Batman: Arkham Knight (spoilers and riddles inside)

I should try out New Game Plus for Batman: Arkham Knight - and get my arse handed to me in the process.

I went out and picked a fight with a bunch of street toughs. Then I realized my belt was leather. My only gadget was my phone. My car was a minivan. And I don't have Kevlar undies. It went poorly.

It is super frustrating. There will be times where you want to shout, "fuck you, ya dirty ninja bitches!" But you come back the next day and just drop the hammer.

So I started playing this yesterday and ended up playing for like 7 hours. I didn't realize how much time flew by on account of me being sick and having a fever. So far I really enjoy it but the Batmobile has almost killed the experience for me.

I get the developer's loved the idea of introducing it but honestly, how could they have play tested this thing before launch and thought it was a good idea to incorporate it as often as they did? There's absolutely no reason to do platforming missions with a bloody car! I think the most frustrating thing is how you're forced to use it so often. Like that annoying friend who tells you how great something is over and over and over just to get you to watch it or try it, only for it to be so hyped you're completely, totally underwhelmed by it. Except instead of stopping there, the friend forces you to keep trying it, insisting you'll grow to like it. It's like an arranged marriage with a car.

Also, I miss the Arkham Asylum/Arkham City elements. I wasn't a fan of having all the gadgets at the beginning and I miss pulling down walls with the batclaw and hacking device frequencies. Unless that happens later in the game. So far, I'm just getting the bridge lowered to Niagani Island or wherever.

I'm glad you hear you're enjoying Batman: Arkham Knight but yes, the Batmobile does get extremely repetitive. In all honesty, it's not bad to use to drive around the city. Hell, even the tank battles can be fun (if not at times frustrating and repetitive as well) but when you have to use the Batmobile to solve puzzles, e.g. Riddler challenges, story puzzles etc. then it is annoying as crap. The Batmobile is highly over used.

One of my biggest beefs of Arkham Knight, and I'm sorry if this is a spoiler, is that there are no actual boss battles. Well, maybe the Riddler (when you find all Riddler trophies) but everything else is honestly just frickin' Batmobile tank battles.

While I enjoyed Batman: Arkham Knight for its game play (I reckon it's got the best game play out of all the Batman games) - it is a good game but I hate to say this... my final conclusion is that it's the most disappointing Arkham game so far, even more so than Origins. :/

At least it's not a rail shooter experience like so many attempts at vehicles in the past. it didn't bother me too much. It needed a bit more polish and the car boss battles are really the only ones.

Master_Craig said:
One of my biggest beefs of Arkham Knight, and I'm sorry if this is a spoiler, is that there are no actual boss battles.

Wow. That is extremely disappointing.

While the game is fun, it's making me appreciate AA and AC much more.

I agree. Batman: Arkham Knight certainly has the best game play, especially with its combat system, but it just sucks that there are no actual boss battles, other than tank battles.

I really like some of the new additions to combat. The multi-fear take down, disarming enemies of weapons and using said weapons against them, the dual play fighting... it's all fantastic. It's just such a shame that these great additions were not utilized for boss fights.

Although with the Batgirl DLC, I'm happy to see that you do get a pretty fun boss fight at the end of that, and a dual play one too! Batgirl + Robin versus the Joker + Harley Quinn.

They've just released more DLC to Batman: Arkham Knight and unfortunately it's just more skins. :/

Challenge maps should be free DLC. If we're expected to pay for it, well... there's an old saying here in Australia.

"Get fuuuuuuuuuucked."

I platinumed this last week and agree with most people here: the gameplay was excellent, the lack of actual boss battles sucked, and the storyline was only okay, though I thought the whole Joker hallucination aspect was brilliant.

Though all the Origins hate is interesting to me. While I thought Origins had some of the worst feeling game play (camera felt too zoomed in so you couldn't see surrounding enemies and combat felt a bit sluggish), I thought the story was actually the best of all the Arkham games.

I was tempted by the $30 Season Pass sale that was offered, but I resisted. I think that it'll get discounted again at some point after all the DLC is released and I can make a decision at that point if I want to pay for it or just buy the individual DLC's that I want.

Hey mate, I wouldn't worry about the season pass. It's way too expensive and lately all the DLC is crap. Well, it's not "crap" I suppose, but it doesn't seem very enticing to want to come back. It's mostly just skins and stuff.

In regards to Arkham Origins, I agree, that did have a really good story. I think it's plot is on par with Arkham City, actually. Although to be honest I do prefer City's plot.

They are releasing a multi character challenge mode thingo called the "Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #1", which allows you to play as Robin, Nightwing or Catwoman in those virtual simulation training things. Since it's being called "#1", it's safe to assume that they'll probably release two or more Crime Fighter Challenge Packs.

Personally, I think that's "crap" because this is something standard in all Arkham games and it should have been released to begin with in Arkham Knight, not followed up as DLC we have to pay for.

They are bringing out a new story mode pack called "GCPD Lock Down" that's starring Nightwing. Not much has been revealed, but the basic story of this DLC takes place after the main campaign of Arkham Knight, and it's about the Penguin trying to escape GCPD. I might play it, but if it's anything like the Batgirl DLC, it'll probably be wiped clean in about 90 minutes or less and will probably be over priced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod