|OT| Batman: Arkham Knight (spoilers and riddles inside)

Aye, he does wear that helmet. But to be fair, there's been promotional material (images, action figures and video trailers) of the Arkham Knight version of the Red Hood.

I played and finished the Harley Quinn DLC last night. Very similar to the Red Hood DLC, it was very short. Reviewers and online articles claim it's about half an hour long but I finished it in ten minutes.

All you do is play as Harley Quinn and storm through Bludhaven Police Department. The story has you (as Harley) breaking into the joint to free Poison Ivy, working for Penguin on behalf of Scarecrow.

There's no stealth since Harley is not a quiet character. She does have a "Psychosis Mode" or something that charges up and can be activated via L1. Once activated, she moves faster, takes down the enemy in one hit and takes less damage. Super Saiyan Harley?

The finale involves a fight with Nightwing and other officers of BPD. Nightwing is very easy to fight, he's essentially just a faster/ninja version of enemies who wield stun batons (you can't attack him from the front). I found the easiest way to take him out was to stun him, follow up with a beat down and then once my combo meter was high enough, activate a take down to deal a huge amount of damage.

I'm hoping whatever DLC they bring out in the future is longer and more satisfying. So far these DLC pieces (Red Hood and Harley Quinn) have honestly been very mediocre.

I finished the main story, but they game doesn't truly end until you completed all the side missions, which means you gotta get all the Riddler trophies :cry: I haven't been able to do that at all during the first two games. I would like to platinum the game though.

I usually get all the Riddler trophy stuff.

I really miss the boss fights from the earlier games. Remember Mr. Freeze? That was epic. I'm enjoying the game but I feel like I'm fighting a larger selection of goons and the just having cinematic a with villains...

Yes, Mr. Freeze boss fight was the best. I mentioned that in the recent GR article about Batman. Enjoyed it, because it the only boss (at least from what I remember) where you had to attack him each time differently.

I'm probably going to be playing this game for a while and looking up video guides on how to complete each trophy. Really want to platinum this game. I played through it on hard and the f*cking drones going after the Batmobile was stressful at times.

I was disappointed by the lack of boss battles in Batman: Arkham Knight. Sure you do have a few fights I suppose... but most of the "boss battles" are Batmobile fights. I mean, yeah you do fight the Arkham Knight, but the fight is essentially a big predator map where you have to sneak up on him while he's stationary in a sniping position.

I have about 95% completed in Arkham Knight. All I've got to do are the Riddler trophies and I'm not sure if I want to go through with finding all of them.

I fought the final revealed villain (whom comes along after you finish the main storyline) and I was super excited to see that it's Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke, but I was severely disappointed to find out that yet again, this villain encounter is a bloody Batmobile fight - a really easy one at that too (seriously... just go up to him in battle mode, strafe circles around him and keep firing with both the machine gun and cannon - you will own him).

I finished the PS4 exclusive "Scarecrow's Nightmare" mission pack and again I was disappointed to see that it's just three linear Batmobile maps. Each map begins the same, you have to race somewhere and once you get to the end, you fight a giant monster version of Scarecrow using the Batmobile. The maps claim to be high difficulty but I managed to beat them all on my first go and get a three star rating for each one. I beat the maps in under four minutes each.

I played a couple of the AR missions... they could be fun and increase the game's life span, but it just sucks you can only play as Batman (with the exception of Azrael's combat AR, or the Gotham Knights AR where you can play as Nightwing too).

I don't think I'll worry about getting all the Riddler trophies. I'd like to but I find that trying to get all these trophies is kinda boring me. I've decided to hang up my virtual cape and cowl and go back to slaying monsters for money in The Witcher III: Wild Hunt.

Speaking of Azrael, did anyone break his sword or did you all chose to kill Batman? I saw that Slade Wilson/Deathstroke popped up as I am currently trying to do the Occupy Gotham mission. I don't have a guide or plan on using one of where any of these are, which is why it's challenging for me.

I've always found the Arkham games pretty easy ever since Arkham City... mostly because I played the crap out of that game and got quite good at the combat system. The Batmobile though has been quite challenging at times because it's a new type of combat system for me, particularly the stealth battles against the cobra tanks.

As for Azrael, I made him break the sword. Apparently if you want to, you can just straight up walk into the elevator as Azrael without even touching the sword?

I'm not sure. I chose to kill Batman, Azrael got knocked out and off to prison he goes. I'm amazing with the combat system Arkham Knight. Stealth is really my thing which made some parts so easy. Again, I played it on hard. The guys that really frustrated me were the guys reviving others.

Medics sucked, they were so annoying. Not only do they revive their fallen allies but they can also electrify their allies so they do more damage on you and you can't touch them, until it wears off or if you use the electric gun gadget thing to disable their power up.

The combat system in Arkham Knight is pretty easy. It's all about timing. What's cool about Arkham Knight is some of the new additions to the combat system, like environment take downs and Batmobile take downs. Environment take downs are great, because unlike your traditional take downs you don't need to build your combo meter for it, so you can use an environment take down, then if you have the points, follow up with a normal take down and take out two enemies quickly. You can even take out brutes in one go using an environment take down.

The fear take down is awesome too. When fully upgraded you can dispatch up to five enemies, then if you have the appropriate skill, you'll have a +5 score and you'll be able to take down a remaining enemy. Pretty sweet.

Combat wise, Arkham Knight is the best of the Arkham games simply because it's expanding to an already great combat system.

The fear take down is my friend and a feature I truly love for this game. That makes it feel more like Batman. I can't express how much I love the feature.

I do enjoy the dual takedown, but it really irritates me I can't free-roam with those characters. In Arkham City, you get to upgrade Catwoman. You get none of that in Arkham Knight and this is really a huge disappointment to me.

I agree. The new fear take down is amazing and it really does make you feel like Batman.

Dual play combat (and the dual take down) is fun too. I wish there were more of it to be honest.

I think that would have been awesome too, a "free roam" mode to be able to play as any of the characters you have (Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Azrael, Catwoman, Red Hood, Harley Quinn etc). I know there's a PC mod for it, but it would have been great to have it utilized as a feature.

I'm disappointed about the lack of a challenge mode. Sure, there are the AR challenges but in contrast to Batman: Arkham City and Arkham Origins, they seem quite stale. In City/Origins you could not only select what challenge you wanted to do (e.g. predator map, combat map, difficulty etc) but you could select a character. In Arkham Knight, you can only play as Batman, unless you specifically select an AR challenge that involves another character (e.g Azrael, or Nightwing in the Gotham Knights challenge).

I have loved over hearing the conversations. I am at 96% and need to finish the main story line. I had Az try to kill Bats because I wanted him to get taken down. I hate Az. I have really enjoyed interviewing the villains a second time and getting the next Joker quip about them. I liked the Story and how much it was focused on Batman instead of just the mystery. I've enjoyed the Batmobile. I've gotten good at bouncing around the city off the walls of crumbly buildings. I just feel like its a slow car. The military trucks must be beast under their hoods.

100%, my friends! I beat the riddler trophies and boss fight before beginning the final mission, so I got to see the True Ending right away.

Wow I loved this game. Best game this gen.

I thought Arkham Knight's story was okay, but personally I felt Arkham City had a better story.

I did like the plot of Arkham Knight where the game focused on the battle Batman was having with himself and the struggle he was having with the Joker inside his head. That was pretty cool.

Strangely, despite the game being called "Arkham Knight", he didn't seem to be in the game that much, you know? I felt the partnership between Arkham Knight and Scarecrow was a bit weak and I was disappointed with the final confrontation with the Arkham Knight, as well as his reveal. As soon as Alfred dropped the name "Jason Todd" at the beginning of the game, I knew right away, or at least heavily predicted that Jason was the Arkham Knight.

Arkham Knight however is the most fun I've had with any of the Arkham games. It's got the best game play of the lot in my opinion. Fantastic and fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133