|OT| Batman: Arkham Knight (spoilers and riddles inside)

I played and finished the Batgirl DLC in about an hour and a half.

Wasn't too bad. It was a bit linear, e.g. go straight from one objective to the next. Batgirl is pretty bad arse though. She does feel a bit slower than Batman in terms of movement.

The hacking tool is kinda fun when using it in predator/stealth sections and great for plotting ambushes, but using it for puzzles was boring.

The fighting segments were very challenging. I enjoyed the final boss fight with Harley Quinn and Joker. The predator/stealth segments however seemed way too easy for me.

It was a pretty good DLC overall but I hope the future DLC installments are more detailed and robust than this.

Most of the boss fights in Batman: Arkham Knight are just Batmobile tank battles, really.

I wouldn't really call fighting the Arkham Knight a boss fight, since it's just a three part predator/stealth map with the Arkham Knight acting as a sniper.

I'm a bit disappointed with that... Rocksteady claimed that the Arkham Knight would be a character who could go toe to toe with Batman, and the Arkham Knight earlier in the game really gives it to Batman and coulda killed him if he wanted to, but didn't. Then when you finally face him... it's just a predator map.

I enjoyed fighting Harley and Joker though, that was pretty awesome and both characters were challenging, e.g. Harley with her unblockable and fast attacks, the Joker with his gun and such.

There were a couple of fights that actually made me fight with strategy rather than just building up a combo meter. But you're right Bretimus_v2, fighting the Joker/Harley as Batgirl and Robin was one of those fights. It was challenging, but very fun.

Aside from that, the most challenging fight I can think of is near the end of Batman: Arkham Knight when you have to defend Gotham Police Department. Not the tank battle, but when you have to go up on the roof and fight the Arkham Knight's apparently best goons.

It's difficult because if I remember quickly, there's one brute armed with blades and then there's another brute who's electrified, and then not only have you got baton-wielding thugs but you've got two medics to deal with as well. That was hard to the point of being frustrating, at least for me it was.

I just jumped on the roof and used the disruptive then jumped back in. The cluster mines and the shocker are great CC. I Tap R2 a lot to get a guy out of the mix.

I became a big fan of that multi-knock out skill, the one where you press X + O at the same time. Very useful to take out about four guys at once or so.

I was disappointed to see that the free flow charge was taken out. In Batman: Arkham City, if the player could unlock a skill which is achieved up to 12 hits without being hit themselves, they would enter a sorta... super free flow mode, where they would move much faster and time around them would essentially slow down. However, this would turn off once the player is either hit, or uses a move such as a take down, weapon disarm, multi knock out etc.

Maybe it was a bit over powered?

I do know that in Batman: Arkham City for the Wii U (Armored Edition) had that electric suit thing, then Batman: Arkham Origins had the direct rip off of the electric gauntlets... now those were ridiculously over powered.

I finished The Batgirl DLC. I'm a little disappointed in it. To me, it was still too short. That part where I had to hack the terminal twice threw me off, which I liked. I enjoyed classic Harley Quinn's suit too. I didn't like here gliding or the fact you couldn't launch yourself with a grapple boost. Didn't really enjoy her hacking skills on the environment either.

I'm more upset you can't really free-roam with her in the main story (I know, contradicting The Killing Joke). Wish we could do this with all the characters. Have no idea why Rocksteady didn't do this.

A bug also happened for me causing Batgirl to defy gravity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCcj7kqA1c

They put the full line up of season pass items...it's a long road of skins until the put challenge maps with batman, robin, night wing and cat woman. LAF.

Seriously? I thought there was going to be more storyline based DLC?

So glad I didn't buy a season pass. Thanks, Rocksteady!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle