|OT| Batman: Arkham Knight (spoilers and riddles inside)

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
Batman:Arkham Knight

batman-arkham-knight.jpg

200006_screenshot_02_l.jpg

The city of Gotham is under terror. Scarecrow's fearful threat to end the city welcomes the Dark Knight to play its games...or was that The Riddler?

Release Date and Platforms:Xbox One, PS4, and PC on June 23rd, 2015

I have yet to finish the game, but let's talk about that intro. While I saw the intro in a trailer at Sony's E3 2015 press conference, that intro is pretty f*cked up. Giving you the control to incinerate The Joker put a impact on me. Burning him alive slowly and seeing the skin texture boil was graphically amazing, but very disturbing to grasp. I could see why this game was rated M for Mature this time. I understand Batman is darker in the comics, but this was brutal.

The costume for the game? Yeah, it's alright. I like playing in the 1966 Adam West costume. The Batmobile looks too much like the Tumbler in the Nolan films. I was under the impression the 1966 Batmobile would be in the game, but it's just the logo and color scheme.

I think it looks considerably better than the Tumbler.

There are Batman comic costumes I prefer, such as Tim Sale's, but that wouldn't really work for a video game. This one is perfect for this type of game, and easily the best of the Arkham series. Arkham City's was especially awful, with the little rivets everywhere.

But I think we can all agree THE CAPE IS INSANE.

I agree with used44, I think the Batmobile in this game (while obviously very much inspired by the Tumbler) looks so much better. It looks and sounds like a complete beast.

I didn't like Batman's new suit to begin with when it was first demonstrated in the initial reveal trailer last year but the suit quickly grew on me as soon as I received it in-game. Again I agree with used44 - this is the best Batsuit I've seen in any Batman media. Previously my favourite Batsuit was the suit featured in The Dark Knight film but not anymore.

I didn't mind the Batsuit in Batman: Arkham City but in all honesty, when I look at the Arkham Knight Batsuit versus the Arkham City Batsuit, the Arkham City Batsuit just looks silly in comparison.

Are you guys enjoying the use of the Batmobile as part of the game? I'm enjoying it mainly for the Riddler puzzles. Having it implemented for them is huge yes for me. I'm so close to freeing Catwoman!

The Batmobile? Yes and no.

At first, it was a bit awkward to control as driving it isn't like, how do I say, driving in a video game (like GTA or a racing game), the controls are a bit different.

For me personally, I enjoy driving around the streets of Gotham and using the Batmobile in its tank "battle mode", I found that fun.

I hated the Riddler challenges and puzzles involving the Batmobile though. Regarding the Riddler's race challenges, I found them frustrating and annoying. Regarding the Riddler's puzzle challenges with the Batmobile? I just found it boring.

I knocked those challenges out and freed Catwoman as soon as I could, simply because I just wanted to get it out of the way. The Arkham games are games where I try to achieve 100% in it.

I'm loving the insanity of it all and having a certain someone quip at everything is just amazing. This is such a beautiful game and I have gotten to a point where I enjoy the bat mobile. It definitely needed more stuff off the bat. But then I look at how clunk batman was in asylum. He just starts with a ton of gear now.

Tag team combos are the best. I just want to do team up fights forever

I played the Redhood DLC pack. It was... okay, I guess. It was actually a bit of a let down. I finished it in ten minutes.

batman-arkham-knight-pre-order-bonus-gamestop.jpg

The Redhood DLC consists of three scenarios. The first scenario is a stand up fight. The second scenario is a stealth segment (predator map). The final scenario is another fight albeit a bit tougher as it includes a "boss" so to speak (Black Mask, who has a health bar and tries to shoot you with his gun).

Redhood is pretty fun to play as. He plays very similar to Nightwing and Catwoman (he can't glide like Batman, but he can 'Pounce' on enemies). He doesn't have many gadgets, his equipment includes the grapnel gun (again just like the others), a flash bang grenade, the zip kick (Robin has this) and finally, his guns.

Redhood fights just like everyone else, but with his take down moves he'll shoot people he throws down. Also, if you tap L2 (as if you were trying to do the quick-fire batarang in combat), Redhood will use his guns and shoot down whoever is in front of him. So yeah, Redhood takes people out really quick.

So... it is fun, while it lasts I guess. I don't know how much it costs on its own as I got mine through EB Games with my Limited Edition, but man it is short.

I have the Harley Quinn DLC to try out. I heard it's about half an hour long but I've also heard it's not great. I've also got the exclusive to PS4 Scare Crow Nightmare Mission pack so that'll be interesting to have a look at.

I'm almost finished with the main story. I played it on hard. So far I've completed enough of the riddles to save Catwoman. Took care of Penguin, Firefly, Pyg and Man-bat. I thought I played a lot of Arkham Knight, but I see I haven't

Riddle me this! What happened to this guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmDrJzHyOZ8

Nice!

If you don't mind me suggesting, you might wanna throw in a spoiler tag in that YouTube video of yours. I know this thread in general here on the forum will contain spoilers, but your YouTube video should have the tag.

I'm impressed you've played most of (if not the whole game) in the Adam West costume. Nice work! Now that I've finished the main story and only have the side missions to do, I might do a costume swap and go Adam West too.

Sigh. Some gaming "journalists" really bother me.

Over at another gaming site that I won't name, one author took to their rage in the form of article/blog form and expressed their anger about the apparent death of Barbara Gordon in Arkham Knight... despite the fact (and they admit this in their article) that they have yet to finish the main storyline.

What bothers me about this is that the writer, as they admitted, hasn't finished the game yet, doesn't know the whole story yet and immediately jumped the gun, angered that Rocksteady had taken Barbara Gordon, a strong female character who has done great things as Oracle, and turned her into a "fucking damsel in distress". Let's not forget that Batman saves many other characters in the game - Robin, Lucius Fox, Catwoman, Gordon, Nightwing, even saved Alfred back in Arkham Origins.

Well... as we all know (this thread has already warned of spoilers, so I'll just go ahead) Barbara Gordon is seemingly killed as she is apparently exposed to Scarecrow's fear toxin and shoots herself in the head. This scene had a massive impact on me and was a huge shock. I couldn't believe that happened... but in the end, we find out Barbara is alive and that it was Batman who was exposed to the fear toxin and he hallucinated and saw Baraba die.

Her "death" was essentially a plot device to showcase Batman's descent into madness as he was slowly being overcome by fear and doubt, just as Scarecrow wanted. Her "death" was also used to break the bridge of trust that was between Gordon and Batman. Her "death" also showed us just how protective - and desperate Batman became, proving that he indeed, can't save everyone.

I think I'm just bitter over reading that article but really, I hope that author feels very silly when they finish the game and realize that well, they were wrong.

There's nothing spoiling about the video though. The subtitles say "Arkham Knight." His face is covered at the end. The chat doesn't say anything spoiling.

Yes, I've been playing the whole game as Adam West. It's funny, because I know the original costume has screens and buttons on it giving you the impression when Batman video chats with someone, he's pressing buttons. Not for the Adam west costume, he just taps his glove and outcomes a video signal lol.

Double post, because Master_Craig wrote this while I was re-watching my video
Master_Craig said:
Sigh. Some gaming "journalists" really bother me.

Over at another gaming site that I won't name, one author took to their rage in the form of article/blog form and expressed their anger about the apparent death of Barbara Gordon in Arkham Knight... despite the fact (and they admit this in their article) that they have yet to finish the main storyline.

What bothers me about this is that the writer, as they admitted, hasn't finished the game yet, doesn't know the whole story yet and immediately jumped the gun, angered that Rocksteady had taken Barbara Gordon, a strong female character who has done great things as Oracle, and turned her into a "fucking damsel in distress". Let's not forget that Batman saves many other characters in the game - Robin, Lucius Fox, Catwoman, Gordon, Nightwing, even saved Alfred back in Arkham Origins.

Well... as we all know (this thread has already warned of spoilers, so I'll just go ahead) Barbara Gordon is seemingly killed as she is apparently exposed to Scarecrow's fear toxin and shoots herself in the head. This scene had a massive impact on me and was a huge shock. I couldn't believe that happened... but in the end, we find out Barbara is alive and that it was Batman who was exposed to the fear toxin and he hallucinated and saw Baraba die.

Her "death" was essentially a plot device to showcase Batman's descent into madness as he was slowly being overcome by fear and doubt, just as Scarecrow wanted. Her "death" was also used to break the bridge of trust that was between Gordon and Batman. Her "death" also showed us just how protective - and desperate Batman became, proving that he indeed, can't save everyone.

I think I'm just bitter over reading that article but really, I hope that author feels very silly when they finish the game and realize that well, they were wrong.
Agreed, I feel reviewers should at least finish the main story before writing an article/review about the game. That way it prevents them for looking like a moron on both ends constructive criticizing a game.

UghRochester said:
There's nothing spoiling about the video though. The subtitles say "Arkham Knight." His face is covered at the end. The chat doesn't say anything spoiling.

It's not his face, it's the helmet he wears. It's the helmet of Red Hood, AKA Jason Todd. It's at the end of your video.

Quit f*cking typing fast! Edited that out, because I saw you posted below me. :)
Red Hood wears that helmet? Only people who would have played the DLC knows that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod