GR's MOST WANTED (Holiday 2011 Games)

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
After reading this article on Game Revolution's news feed and seeing all of the negative feedback Nielsen's poll was getting, I decided to do a little poll of my own to determine what the GR readers would vote as their Most Wanted Games of Holiday 2011.

20 of you voted.

Here are the results (finally).

All point totals were determined using science.

#1 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 45 points (5 first-place votes)

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrimxbox360_028.jpg

Receiving the most points total, as well as the most first-place votes, is Bethesda's upcoming dragon-slaying first-person-hacker/slasher/caster. This is the title that generated the most shock toward the Nielsen poll, showing up at an alarming 15th place among their polled consumers - and compelling me to do this little pet project. The GR forums have had an official topic on Skyrim since July, so, yeaaaahhh....

_________________________________________________________________________________

#2 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception 37 points (3 first-place votes)

uncharted-3-drakes-deception-_030.jpg

Anthony Severino says that the final game in the Uncharted trilogy will be even better than the last two GOTY-contenders, and GR's readers are keeping their hopes high, voting this PS3-exclusive into the #2 spot.

_________________________________________________________________________________

#3 Batman: Arkham City 36 points (2 first-place votes)

batman-arkham-2_029.jpg

Nana nana nana nana, nana nana nana nana BAH MAH! Fans of the Dark Knight have spoken; zopping and fooping the hero into the #3 spot. Touting a miles-wide open-world city, a cast of villains just as large, and the chance to play as the sexy thief Catwoman, Arkham City looks to steal gamers' hearts... and our precious rare plants!

#4 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 22 points (2 first-place votes)

zelda-skyward-sword_024.jpg

Who said the Wii was dead, or, like, unplugged... and maybe just used for Netflix in the bedroom... NOT ME! Totally did not say those things. The Hero of Hyrule is back this winter on the Wii and GR has spoken. #4 for you, my little elf buddy guy.

#5 Battlefield 3 21 points (1 first-place vote)

battlefield-3_008.jpg

Danielrbischoff loves him some goddamned Squad Rush, providing the lone first-place vote for Battlefield 3, which goes prone and sneaks into the Top 5.

#6 Dark Souls 19 points (2 first-place votes)

dark-souls_032.jpg

Longo_2_guns and Green_Lantern are masochistic weirdos who already have a whole forum topic to themselves where they talk about "mystery keys" and Estus Flasks. Then they vote for Dark Souls #1 and its like, yeah, I know. Got it.

#7 Assassin's Creed: Revelations 18 points

assassins-creed-revelations_006.jpg

Zero first-place votes for the latest yearly release of the AC series, but still enough to get into the Top 10.

#8 (tie) Saints Row: The Third 9 points

saints-row-the-third_031.jpg

Slap grannie with a dildo. THIS CHRISTMAS.

#8 (tie) Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection 9 points

Snake is back and looking as high-definition as ever. I mean, not as high-def as MGS4 but still - pretty high-def.

#8 (tie) Deus Ex: Human Revolution 9 points

deus-ex-human-revolution_051.jpg

A lot of voters were unsure if they should count already-released games as part of the "Holiday Releases" but my first rule is they ain't no rules, man so whatever. Nielsen did it, too!

#11 Silent Hill: Downpour 8 points (1 first-place vote)

silent-hill-downpour-xbox360_051.jpg

Receiving a first-place vote from SH-obsessed WickedLiquid helped the latest Silent-Hill-game-that-won't-be-as-good-as-Silent-Hill-2 get a respectable 8 points.

#12 RAGE 6 points

rage_012.jpg

Coming in near the bottom of several gamers' lists, RAGE scrapes together enough points for a #12 finish. GR's timely review is here.

#13 (tie) Star Wars: The Old Republic 5 points (1 first-place vote)

star-wars-the-old-republic_015.jpg

The next four games received one single vote, but since they were FIRST-PLACE VOTES (the finest of all votes), this was enough to pop them up to a shared #13 finish. Rinnon voted for SWTOR.

#13 (tie) ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection 5 points (1 first-place vote)

ico-and-shadow-of-colossus-collection_007.jpg

Lokness voted for SOTC/ICO HD

#13 (tie) Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 5 points (1 first-place vote)

pro-evolution-soccer-2012_036.jpg

Bras voted for PES12. Menus!

#13 (tie) Sonic Generations 5 points (1 first-place vote)

sonic-generations_005.jpg

TheDiesel voted for Sonic Generations (and was maybe a little embarrassed about it [as he should be{?}]).

#13 (tie) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 5 points

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3_009.jpg

The top game on Nielsen's list only gets two votes from my polled GR readers.

#18 WWE '12 4 points

wwe-12_023.jpg

Kingg5 is sorta into the wrasslin'.

#19 (tie) Gears of War 3 3 points

gears-of-war-3_045.jpg

This game probably gets more points in this poll if UghRochester was here. He would have pulled a Longo and voted for it 5 times. And then I would be too afraid of him and his replica Lancer to say no.

#19 (tie) Torchlight II 3 points

torchlight-ii_003.jpg

De-Ting needs more Diablo clones in his life. That and tentacles. Never enough tentacles.

#21 (tie) Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One 2 points

ratchet-clank-all-4-one_002.jpg

#21 (tie) FIFA Soccer 12 2 points

fifa-soccer-12_017.jpg

MattAY votes for this because he's predictably British.

#21 (tie) Minecraft 2 points

minecraft_creeper_sculpture_by_wulfsige107-d36z83d.jpg

Resident PC fan cyberjim2000 gives his blocky heart to Minecraft, which he's probably already playing all the time. But it's not officially released. Computers are weird.

#21 (tie) I Am Alive 2 points

Picture%207(3).png

I am like, oh yeah, this game. I guess it might be coming out someday. Maybe.

#21 (tie) Ace Combat Assault Horizon: High Altitude. Even Higher Attitude. 2 points

ace-combat-assault-horizon_118.jpg

This isn't the actual title of the game, but it's the tagline that NamcoBandai has chosen to emblazon the website with. So amazing.

#26 (tie) Madden NFL '12 1 point

madden-12_017.jpg

MattAY votes for this because he's predictably Brit... uhh... hmm.

#26 (tie) Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary 1 point

halo-combat-evolved-anniversary.jpg

Put your 3D glasses on and play a game from 2001.

#26 (tie) Spider-Man: Edge of Time 1 point

It must be good. Because it's licensed property.

#26 (tie) Rocksmith 1 point

rocksmith_006.jpg

#26 (tie) Mario Kart 7 1 point

mario-kart-3ds_024.jpg

#26 (tie) Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 point

ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3_052.jpg

#26 (tie) Just Dance 3 1 point

just-dance-3_008.jpg

Thanks, guys!

Awesome post.

and Just Dance, you're welcome.
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you guys?

tinymhg said:
TheJx4 said:
Seriously, what the f*** is wrong with you guys?
We play too many video games. :p

You guys need more Just Dance. I'm the only one that voted for it.

I'm going to buy Edge of Time, go back in time and make all of you play Just Dance. Therefore creating a happier future.

Thank you for all the effort you put into this used. It‘s a great post. :bigup:

(That’s not a joke btw.)

I'm surprised Gears of War 3 is so low. Ugh will be crushed. I would like to know who voted for Just Dance, so that I may mock him.

Amazingly amazing job Used, it must've taken awhile. Bravo!

Thumbs up to Used for doing proper research and turning out a finished product. I didn't vote. I think some people are being less than truthful regarding MW3 :D I'm looking forward to it.

I don't own a PS3 either, but even I would vote for Uncharted 3. Watching the previews for that game makes me want to go and buy one.

I would play Ace Combat Assault Horizon: High Altitude. Even Higher Attitude if that was the real name.

Good Job Used. Now make a top 100 games of all time list! :D

Yes, I know we had a top 100 list. I helped nominate games for it! I was just making a joke to Used. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle