Resident Evil 5 - Versus

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Master_Craig, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey gang.

For those of you who have got Resident Evil 5 and online capability for your consoles, have you guys gotten a hold of the new Versus mode downloadable content?

I got mine today from the Playstation Network for $8.45 (Australian dollars).

For those who don't know, Versus mode in Resident Evil 5 is basically player versus player games. There's two main types of games (including team versions of both of the main game types). There's Slayers and Survivors. Up to four players can play in total.

Slayers is simply kill as many enemies as you can (similar fashion as Mercenaries) except you can attack the other players to score more points and whatnot.

Survivors is primarily player versus player. Shoot other players to score points. If you're shot, you lose points. If you defeat another player you score even more points but if you're defeated, you lose even more points. You can score more points by defeating a player with a melee attack (to attack with melee, when they're in the "dying" state you can finish them with a melee attack, which as said earns more points).

I'm not really sure how to unlock more characters but I did receive the trophy "It's all about the points" for scoring over fourty thousand points in my first match (and winning). :)

So far I like Versus mode. I didn't know how it was going to work due to the whole... no moving while shooting thing, but it still works, due to the points system.

What do you guys think if you've tried it?

2. KoalaRainbowPoop

i played one match so far onit and realoy i wasn't impressed. maybe it's cause i'm getting tired of deathmatch style gameplay. i need to play it a bit more till i make up my mind i guess.

3. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

I wanna play this mode really bad, but I don't know if I wanna shell out the $5 for something that could potentially be kinda bad. I've never really played a Resident Evil deathmatch before, and that's why I'm skeptical. Who knows, right now I'm up in the air between this and Flock, and I'm not sure which way to go. Granted, one is 3 times the price of the other, but it's also a complete game...
    Which should I get?

4. DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja Regular

Nice that there expanding upon Merc mode, but quick question, Where's Hunk D :

5. Sounds

Sounds Rookie

versus mode is pretty neat!! everyone should get it now! and if you have xboxlive then add me and play!

6. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

I just now downloaded it, i'm going to check it out tomorrow

7. clayman637

clayman637 Rookie

I really like this mode. Killing Majini is already fun, and this adds some competetiveness to the mercs campaign.

I like the slayers mode, which awards points based on Majini kills.

8. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

What's funny is the download size is like what...8 megs? You know they had that stuff on the disc and they just held out on it to make more money.

9. Master_Craig

Staff Member

^ It's not even eight megs, it's like.. less than four hundred kb. You're right though, the Versus mode was so already on the disc but they made us fork out more money just to "unlock" it basically. >_>

10. Affen

Affen Rookie

Now when it's been out for awhile. Is it worth it?

11. Master_Craig

Staff Member

^ To be honest I'm not that sure. It's not very expensive and it is fun but I honestly haven't played it for quite some time, so I have no idea how many people play it, if people still do that is.

12. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Is the one reason why I wouldn't ever consider getting it...If I had RE5 of course.

13. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, best way to combat that lameness is to send them a message by not buying it. EA Sports is notorious for these little pay-to-unlock-content things. Just don't buy and maybe they'll stop.