Your favourite boss battle?

Master_Craig

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sorry if this question/topic has already been raised on the forum, but I didn't see it so, I'm curious to know.

What is your favourite boss battle(s) in video games? Here's mine.. not in any particular order, mind.

Naked Snake (player) versus The Boss (boss) - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
I felt this fight was great. I loved the silence, the intensity and the beauty of it all - the field of white flowers, the use of stealth in the fight, to the music of the Snake Eater theme slowly fading in as The Boss loses health or/and stamina. Beautiful.

Kyle Katarn (player) versus Desann (boss) - Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Should the player not just bust out Force Speed and totally own Desann, this fight is cool.. the music orchestra, the gigantic setting, and fighting one big bad villain? It's wicked.

Link (player) versus Ganon (boss) - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Again.. the music and setting is what drew me to this fight, and just how dramatic and theatrical it is. It's totally awesome. Especially how the player has to fight without the Master Sword, then has to recover it and continue fighting.. and the final blow is damn cool.

Link (player) versus Dark Link (boss) - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
I probably shouldn't throw in two boss fights from the one game.. but I really enjoyed this fight too. The whole.. giant room of nothing but shallow water, as well as the single tree was really cool, and how Dark Link fought like the player except with a few difficult twists? That was cool. :p

Leon S Kennedy (player) versus Krauser (boss) - Resident Evil 4
I really enjoyed this fight because not only was the setting great, but it was very cinematic, action packed, and just very enjoyable to play, quite challenging as well.

and.. I think that's all I can think of at the moment.

So guys - how about you - what's your favourite boss fight(s) in games?

Master_Craig said:
Naked Snake (player) versus The Boss (boss) - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
I felt this fight was great. I loved the silence, the intensity and the beauty of it all - the field of white flowers, the use of stealth in the fight, to the music of the Snake Eater theme slowly fading in as The Boss loses health or/and stamina. Beautiful.
All of the Boss fights in MGS3 were incredible. But lets not forget about Psycho Mantis.

I'm going with what HK said but that shall also include the fights against Shadow Ganon and Puppet Ganon that were just prior to the battle against Ganondorf.

Raikoh (player) versus Crimson King (boss) - Otogi: Myth of Demons
Talk about cinematic, the early parts of the game have been leading up to this fight, as Raikoh, the haunted demon slayer confronts the enigmatic and sinister Crimson King. The fight takes place in a snow covered bamboo valley at night which adds a lot of emotion to the dark and cold of both characters. The music is fantastic and really helps set the tone for the battle. The CGI cut scenes and top notche voice acting during the battle really help flesh out Crimson King as more than a generic character, but someone with goals outside the realm of cliched villainy. It is an intense fight that has you leaving it questioning your own character, and realizing that you crave more Crimson King (this is given in the sequel after you complete all the bonus stages).

Link vs Volvagia(Ocarina of Time)-The Fire Temple is my favorite temple in any Zelda game and i just love the boss battle.There is just something about facing a giant subterranean lava dragon.

Link vs Ganondorf/Ganon(Ocarina of Time)-A great battle and a great ending to my favorite game

Link vs Ganondorf(Twilight Princess)-I like this battle because it has 4 stages.I love fighting Ganondorf on horseback.That is just so much fun

Not in order....

Solid Snake Vs The End
Solid Snake Vs Sniper Wolf...both of them
Solid Snake Vs The Boss
Lavos fight from Chronno Trigger...all three phaces
Zack Vs Sephiroth
Zack Vs Genesis
Link Vs Link's Shadow...Zelda II for the NES
All Shadow Of The Colossus fights...
All Legacy Of Kain Series boss fights from all 5 games
Rise Of The Kasai's last battle

Metal Gear Solid 3

-Snake VS Ocelot
Gotta love the music playing in the background! I actually used a sample of it for my ringtone... this part: http://mgs3ocelot.ytmnd.com/

-Snake VS The End
Awesome sniper battle, really takes a toll on you!

-Snake VS The Boss
The last part where you have to pull the trigger is enough alone to make it amazing.

Zelda
-Link VS Gannondorf (Twislight Princess)
Probably the best sword battle I've ever played!

-Link VS Phantom Gannon (Ocarina of Time)
The first battle as Adult Link, and the first "tennis" battle with his ball of energy. Great way to fight a boss! Plus watching him come towards you in the paintings was really cool.

-Link VS Gannon (Ocarina of Time)
It's all been said before

How about the whole first segment of God of War 3 where Kratos battles the monstrous city-raping statue thing. Great sense of scale.
Never really brought into the cat and mouse sniper aesthetic of the Snake Vs The End fight. It was all to easy to equip you infra-red goggles and shot gun the sh*t out of the old b*gger in the back.
I'm surprised no-ones brought up any of Ninja Gaiden's boss battles- the first alma fight was one of the more intense, -read 'pull you hair out in abject rage', battles I've ever had.

I think they kinda influenced by shadow of the colossus...I rather fight each colossus, but the Final battle of GoW chains of Olympus is cool, you fight Ares's wife and gotta watch out for Atlas also, I might not like previews GoW battles since I didnt like GoW 1,2

Raziel Vs Hylden Janos (Legacy of Kain Defiance)
Kain Vs Saraphan Lord (Blood Omen 2)
Kain Vs The Elder God (Legacy Of Kain Defiance)
Legend Of Dragoon battle against Melbu Frama (last battle)

Vega in SF2. Once you got the timing right to air-slam him or hit him with a fling uppercut made up for all the pain you endured at his airial attacks.
Just about every boss in Ninja Gadian was tough ass.
OH, And the T-Rex on the original Turok. You know, the one with the laser eye and rocket packs on his back that was one bada** T-Rex.

Naked Snake vs. The End (MGS3)
Team vs. Kefka (ff3/6)
Solid Snake vs. Psyco Mantis (MGS)
Solid Snake vs. Metal Gear Rex (MGS)
Gordon Freeman vs. Gonarch (HL1)
Player vs. Dark Tooth (TM2)
Team vs. Nefarian (WOW)

and a zillion others that don't come to mind atm.

Tylzen said:
Solid vs. Liquid! :)
Are you talking about the MGS4 one? Cause that was the best final battle they could have done.

Also, Laughing Octopus and Screaming Mantis battles were both great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod