Your favourite boss battle?

even though the bosses are really easy in Twilight Princess - I enjoyed fighting Stallord in Arbiter's Grounds. Was lots of fun, and the music made me want to take longer fighting it.

Also love Snake VS The End in MGS3 - a really long boss fight focusing on search and destroy!

Metroid Prime 3 - Samus VS Meta Ridley falling down that massive shaft - That was just an awesome fight!

HK-47 said:
Fighting Blade Master Alastor in Viewtiful Joe was pretty awesome.

Couldn't agree more comrade!

In Medieval 2 Total War, there are no real boss, but there are boss factions. The Timurids are one of those because they have a massive invasion with tons of elephant troops (picture hoards of elephants with cannons or snipers sitting on top). So I faced 3 armies of theirs at once, each with a general, horse archers, spearmen, and elephants, with 2 armies of mine (about my 2000 Spanish troops to their 3000) and defended a hill. Since they attacked my hill in waves I was able to hold them off, and a lucky cannon shot against their elephants caused a bunch of them to go crazy and start attacking their own men. It was close, but winning that fight really put those Timurids on the run.

Hm, lets see.
Kingdom Hearts, fighting Sephiroth at levle 90 and still having a hard time
Legend of Dragoon boss fights when its your first RPG and you 9 years old. so many resets...
If im not mistaken, iii died 6 times to IT in RE4
Lu Bu in most DW games, on the hardest difficulty.
Lou on expert in GH3
And i took the pussy way out for The End cause I wanted to see the end of the game, so i set my PS2 time ahead one week lol.

I mention this one everytime we do this topic but its still up there as my all time favourite boss battle.

Sonic AdventureSuper Sonic versus the massive 'Perfect Chaos' beast.

The fight just had that perfectly epic feel to it. You, versus this massive fucking behemoth of a thing that just levelled a city pretty much by accident, streaking towards it and weaving in and out of its attacks in an effort to smash the bastard in the brain before your collection of rings runs out and consigns you to a watery death. You were totally capable of destroying the thing, but you had to be quick about it.
The music, as cheesy as it was, was the perfect accompaniment to the on screen action. One of the things that was so great about it was that for a limited time you were this blazing ball of pure energy, as powerful and as unstoppable as the boss before you - save you were on that ring enforced time limit.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Naked Snake versus The Boss.

This wasn't a paticularly difficult battle (Easy to break since you can just drop some mines and let Boss come to you) but its one of the most atmospheric boss fights you can find in a game, especially when taking into account everything that's happened up untill that point and its ending, that damn ending to the fight which I witnessed take one of the most manly people I've ever met in my life and reduce him to a blubbering ball of muscly emotion. You haven't seen an MGS fan untill you've met a mad Welsh fitness instructor named Barry who lives, breaths and eats the MG franchise. He has MG brand coasters! (Actually just pre-owned MGS1 discs but still.)

Resident Evil Player versus the Shark.

Its hilariously pathetic. Whoops you just dunked a portable generator into the tank and fried the chap before he had to chance to have you for seconds. (If you're playing as Jill)

Streets of Rage 2 Player versus Mr.X

Can you imagine the dev's thinking this one up? "Let's give the only gun in the city to the final boss, then make him go ape shit after you take down his right hand man and have bugger all health left." This one's in the list just because of how brutal it is on mania mode.

Street Fighter 2: The World Warriors Player versus Dictator

I specify World Warriors edition because Balrog/Bison (we'll use Dictator) was toned down a notch with each update to SF2. But in WW, you were basically up against a heat seaking missile dressed like a dictator for the evening. Left right left right like an ink jet bloody printer until you were down for the count. Blocking was no good since he'd pass through your hit-box and his feet hitting your waist was counted as a back attack. If you didn't pay attention to what was going on, you were dead. Which is how a final boss battle should be done.

Dead Rising Frank versus Brock.

Fist fighting on a tank surrounded by billions of Zombies. Who doesn't want to do this? Even if you lose, its the manliest damn way to die, ever.

Guilty Gear Player versus Justice

Yeah...just try doing this without Ky, Sol or Chipp.

Metal Gear Solid Bosses make you think vigilantly...

Metal Gear Bosses are the real deal when it comes to player's intuition and skill.
IMakes you think and in the same time, rushes you up for the kill. And even some times, you don't mind getting killed...just letting it all out without a plan. hahahaha...just to know what the Boss going to do next.....well, not using a gameguide makes you think like that.

Ciao!!^w^

MGS...

Maybe the most versatile bosses that can beat you even though you had your gameguide by yourside. hahahahaha....
I did finish all the MGS without gameguides....and me spending hours just paying it....it's all worth it. Playing games with game guides...not a gamer's style!!

Ciao!!^w^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle