favorite Boss Battle

kingg5

Rookie
like the name says list your favorite boss battles.
me i have a few the final battle in FF7.the battle with the boss in MGS.the battle with krausser in RE4. three more MGS boss battles the battle between null in MGS PO,the one battle against greyfox MGS,and the battle between solidus in MGS SOL.and the battle between sephiroth again in KH2 and almost every organization 13 fight.thats all i can think of for now.

I'm pretty sure there's been a topic like this before.

But anyway:

- Ugh-Zan III (Serious Sam)
- General Leang (Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour)
- Pixy (Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War)
- Mental Institution (Serious Sam 2)
- Krauser (Resident Evil 4)
- Gunther Hermann (Deus Ex)

And the final, somewhat unusual choice:

- Grim Reaper (The Sims 2)

The Goliath in Resistance.
Cerberus in both KHs.
N Tropy in Crash 3
Sean in Dead Rising.
The End and The Boss in MGS3

Twinrova - Zelda OoT
Verdugo - RE4
Frost Tiger - Viewtiful Joe 2
Vulcan Raven 2nd Battle - MGS
Nightmare - Devil May Cry
Stallord - Zelda TP

I have to go with 2 specific ones.

The lake monster in Resident Evil 4 was innovative, fun to play, and one of the best sequences for a boss battle I have ever seen.

And the ENTIRE Water Temple in Ocarina of time is in itself an exercise of the hubris that none of us will forget. That is a deserving choice because of the final matchup, Morpha, one of the toughest bosses in the game (although Bongo Bongo gets the distinction in my mind as THE toughest) and a satisfying ending to a great dungeon.

Another good choice is fighting The End in MGS 3, which I think is a great sniper matchup and definitly a worthy choice as well.

LinksOcarina said:
And the ENTIRE Water Temple in Ocarina of time is in itself an exercise of the hubris that none of us will forget. That is a deserving choice because of the final matchup, Morpha, one of the toughest bosses in the game (although Bongo Bongo gets the distinction in my mind as THE toughest) and a satisfying ending to a great dungeon.
I hated the water temple.

wow this didnt take off so you can also list push over bosses and the hardest bosses you faced.

Longo_2_guns said:
Hardest boss: Jinpachi in Tekken 5. So unbalanced. Thank god they made him easier in DR.
I so totally agree.

I've gotten a "Perfect!" against him once. Total fluke with the hippy Indian lady who wants to grow plants.

There Are tones of Bosses that are great, but 3 stand out that Loved!

The Boss - MGS 3 Snake Eater
Nemisis - Resident Evil 3
Tyrant - Resident Evil 1

Nemesis is a great enemy, but the last battle with him I felt underwhelmed with.

The hardest boss I have ever faced though was Metal Gear REX and Liquid snake in Metal Gear Solid. Took me a month to get through him, then Liquid afterwards.

the hardest boss i ever fought was sephiroth and then there was python from metal gear solid PO.there was quite a few push over bosses for me.to name i few id go with Ares from sparta total warrior,Gene from metal gear solid PO,and BigBoss from the original metal gear.

Pushover Boss: The third Bowser fight in SM64. After the incredibly awesome level to get to his lair, the fight itself can be done in like 15 seconds. Lame.

K-Rool in Donkey Kong Country 2. Not only was he super difficult, but he just refused to die. That and the fact that your controls were inverted at the end of the fight... I was six or seven playing that. It took me a month to kill him...

JCD said:
K-Rool in Donkey Kong Country 2. Not only was he super difficult, but he just refused to die. That and the fact that your controls were inverted at the end of the fight... I was six or seven playing that. It took me a month to kill him...

Oh yeah.....I remember that too...took me a while to get through that one as well.

What about Gannon in Link To the Past, not to say it wasn't difficult, but more so by the fact that it took so damn long to get to him, the final battle was pretty satisfying.

It was an exercise in annoyance, because the speed got slowed down so much thanks to having to go into the menu to change boots, then slowly float down, then slowly walk around until you find that part where you lower all the water with the ocarina, and then you walk around some more and end up eventually filling the water all the way again before finally realising what you forgot to do, so you need to go through all those motions once again. Joy... not.

And Morpha was a total pushover. At least, that's what I think about any boss I end up killing without being damaged at all on the first attempt. At least Bongo Bongo needed some swift work with the bow so as to not getting pushed off the drum platform and having to start over.

Good, hard bosses... Penance in FF X: International Version. Short story: He makes Nemesis (same game) seem like a wuss in comparison. It takes over an hour to defeat him, you need every stat maxed (including even Luck) and even then, you need to do it almost perfectly, or die.

Last set of bosses in Kingdom Hearts 2. Maybe not the hardest battles, but I did get a bit surprised at how tough they were, and how I needed to pay attention. Plus, they were pretty cool. Then again, thanks to the action button, most boss battles in KH2 was enjoyable, even those that were easy.

The last battle in Zelda: Wind Waker. It's Ganon, and he's really pissed, and he's not doing some energy ball trick, but going straight for you. What's not to like?

Favorite bosses are numerous, but certain ones really stood out

The Oracle from Indigo Prophecy was a crazy good boss fight- if you could manage the controls.
The guy with the flail from Bomberman: Generations was fun as well
Chariot type27B from House of the Dead was a fun and EASY boss

Hawk_one said:
Last set of bosses in Kingdom Hearts 2. Maybe not the hardest battles, but I did get a bit surprised at how tough they were, and how I needed to pay attention. Plus, they were pretty cool. Then again, thanks to the action button, most boss battles in KH2 was enjoyable, even those that were easy.
They weren't that easy on Hard. In fact, some of them seemed impossible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod