Memorable Boss Fights

Delorean88

Rookie
This topic has probably been done millions of times..... How about one more time? Which boss fights do you remember the most? Whether because they were big mofos, super hard to beat or maybe memorable because of how much of a letdown it was. Sure boss battles aren't what they used to be but then again the old game formula was at the end of every level put some type of boss in.

For me some of the memorable ones:
249105-mantis_diggaa_castlevaniaa_super_%281%29.jpg

Psycho Mantis - Metal Gear Solid

Usually the majority of the boss battles in the MGS games feel like actual boss battles but this one in particular made child me wish it could do dark magic. The second Psycho said the other save files I had I nearly sh*t my spider-man jammy jams with confusion. At least until I finally listened to Colonel and plugged the controller into the second port.

Abyss-MVC2-Profile.jpg

Marvel vs Capcom 2 Abyss

I hate this b*tch................... SO.................... MUCH!

500full.jpg

General Raam - Gears of War

For my brother and I playing Gears 1 co-op Raam was a tough and fun boss to fight. Sure once you figured out the basically instant kill strategy the fun went away but for the first couple of fights it was thrilling because you had to work together as a well oiled team to ensure victory.

bioticgodthoughtss.jpg

Mass Effect 2 - Human Reaper

This boss battle was memorable for being a utter disappointment. I remember walking up to this beast thinking "holy sh*t this is going to be tough" then 5 minutes later when the battle was over thinking "......... That's it? Alright......... I guess that was good........" Could of been so much more and it wasn't.

Final one:
355635-grabbed_frame_7_super.jpg

Metal Gear Solid - Torture Scene

I guess this isn't a boss battle but it definitely was as hard as one to complete. Oh the joy of completing it was orgasmic but the literal pain from pounding my child finger into the "O" button taught me at a young age about hard work paying off.

I've said this before, but the final battle of Ace Combat Zero.

Here's a little picture collection that sums up the entire battle:
Spanish_Guitar_rposp015.jpg

51KEvGkmCdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

luke-v-vader_bespin.jpg

Jousting1_KarensWhimsyPD.jpg

JuliusCaesar.jpg

f15_eagle.jpg

Poseidon from God of War III probably got me more pumped up than any other boss. Most of the bosses in that series are pretty good.

The End from MGS3 is always a classic, albeit LONG boss battle.

And every enemy from Shadow of the Colossus.

Emerald in the bottom fo the ocean in FF7...

and in FFIX the Grand Dragon above Gizamaluke's Grotto... Fucker

Killer7, Ulmeyda. Amidst the rain of blood, in a labyrinth of fused ambulances, you have to gun down an afro superbeing.
And the Killer7 against the Handsome 7, that was 7 kinds of awesome.

Viewtiful Joe, Fire Leo. So memorable for how hard it was.

Lu Bu is to this day the only video game character i have genuinely run from. As in, not a tactical retreat to re-health or plan a trap or level up, but just a 'HOLY SHIT 5% HEALTH AFTER 1 SHOT' and straight fleeing with no plans to return.

2wn4j7b.jpg

SFII (SNES)
M. Bison for the first time. Too fast, too cheap. He can jump across the entire screen, and his throw collision detection point reaches out farther than any other character in the game. he just psycho crusher + throw combos you a lot.
He was watered down for SF2Turbo, but fuck Bison in the original.

6xu98n.png

Kung Fu (NES)
Named "Giant" (I called him Mr. T), the 3rd floor's boss is the first intimidating presence on any video game to this point that I can recall. Sure, there's the Abobo's from Double Dragon that came after but he looks too ridiculous to take seriously, and they're plenty of other sprites running you down with knives, swords, or guns--not to mention a King Koopa--in a number of games, but this guy was the first physically intimidating man on the scene, and with the power to match. 2 kicks, you're done.
2unvpfr.png

He'll never get the credit he deserves as video gaming's first true badass, but if you've ever crossed paths with manimal you know full well what I'm talking about.

personal favorite
Ryder from GTA III: SA
CJ was a straight busta. I would've rather have played as Ryder, so it sucked when Ryder is killed off by CJ.
I hate how the protagonist in every GTA struggles with his own morality in his sandbox wold of violence, sex, and drugs, and how you're forced to take the moral high ground if you want the correct ending or want to progress the game any further. All the while, you're still killing cops by the hundreds.
It's never much of a choice, either. It's a choose A to save the princess, or choose B to die of sudden dick explosion. Having the option to even choose dick explosion is a fairly new concept for GTA. In SA, you had to take CJ's sudden true north moral compass up the ass whether you wanted to or not.

I would've never left Grove St. for San Fierro. Ever! Fuck that, bro. I don't give a fuck about being a video game billionaire. That's so fucking stupid.
I'd rather get faded on some sherm with my dude Ryder. Me and Ryder, that would be the whole game.
Actually, fuck CJ. It would just be me, Ryder.

and fuck dancing mini games, I'd have rap battles.
jzy2ia.png

"Now I fuck top notch bitches,
Telling stories bout rags to riches,
about a pimp named Ryder from the Grove Street set,
Been macking for years an ain't fell of yet.
2lu5nqa.png

So if you ever see me rolling in my drop top caddy,
throw a peace sign, and say "Hey, pimp daddy!"
cause I never would front on my folks,
I slow down and let the gold diggers count my spokes.
671jrp.png

Bitches come a dime a dozen,
so don't get mad when I fuck your cousin.
Your two sisters, I even fuck your ex-bitch,
Ryder in the house with some player shit"
33l2laq.png

I killed him with a rocket launcher to his speedboat. That's not even gangster.

The more i think about it, the more i'm all like Fuck CJ!
â•”â•

Don't want anyone sending GR a cease and desist so I should point out that's a Too $hort song I posted above, and not an original piece because while Too $hort is gangsta as fuck, he's also litigious as fuck. It just so happens to fit Ryder to a T.
Posted under the fair use doctrine. All rights reserved.

Psycho Mantis boss coming up, time to get off my ass and unplug the controller.

I'd say pretty much every boss in the MGS series were awesome. Especially Psycho Mantis, Vamp, The End and Ocelot (MGS3)

The green tusked dragon from legend of the dragoon. I'll always remember that. I could never get past the one boss at the one fort and my uncle started playing the game and beat him. I was so pissed, so the next day he went to work and I was home I played ahead and beat the green tusked dragon. When he got home I quickly rubbed it in his face that he'd never got to fight the dragon.

I love Bongo-Bongo from LoZ: OoT. So original and fun to play. Plus, he's just about the perfect difficulty. I died the first couple of times, but got the hang of it, and beat him with about 2 hearts left.

zelda-bongo-bongo.jpeg

MattAY said:
I love Bongo-Bongo from LoZ: OoT. So original and fun to play. Plus, he's just about the perfect difficulty. I died the first couple of times, but got the hang of it, and beat him with about 2 hearts left.

zelda-bongo-bongo.jpeg
I was waiting for you to post this, since I stole it last time we discussed bosses.

Just thought of another, probably should issue a SPOILER alert!

387790-characters_76.jpg

But the Nechku boss in Okami was awesome for me. The cut scenes before and after progressed the story a lot due to the first apprearance of Shiranui! And the realisation you're actually in the past.

I wouldnt even call it a boss fight since the real boss fight is against the twin demons - but still really cool to see Shiranui do his awesome homing ball thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dfWGuen ... ure=relmfu

spartan317 said:
Emerald in the bottom fo the ocean in FF7...

and in FFIX the Grand Dragon above Gizamaluke's Grotto... Fucker

Thats how i trained my people in FFIX was using those dragons fighting them on level 20 was so much fun since I had lv. 5/lv. 4 death cant remember which one it was but it was instant death for the dragons every time.

Gunner37 said:
Thats how i trained my people in FFIX was using those dragons fighting them on level 20 was so much fun since I had lv. 5/lv. 4 death cant remember which one it was but it was instant death for the dragons every time.

Didn't find that one out until after it was no longer an issue...

Still a fucker...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle