favorite Boss Battle

hmm omega and ultima weapon in FFX and Ruby in FF7 took for ever for me to beat him.not to mention final boss fight in DOA 4.theres quite a few even though it sucked id have to go with final boss fight in FF7 DC.it wasnt as hard as fun the only part of that game that was fun.final boss fight in Dragon Quest 8 i found was a little to easy.then there was legend of the dragoon final boss fight was a real pain.solsa in scarface the world is your was too easy.and the fight between you and anubis in Zone of the Enders was pretty cool.

The final fight with Seed in Rogue Galaxy.

I just really thought Seed was a very cool character.

as much as i like FFVII and all the bosses and boss fights-

i like the Boss fights for FFXII a lot too. ALMOST parallels FFVII.. also the Esper fights.

I guess you can consider it a boss fight, it's required to beat Musou Mode, but I love fighting Cao Cao, especially in Dynasty Warriors 4. Fighting him when your like half as good as you can be is a frustrating challenge. One good combo and you're dead. Also, if anyone has played DW, they know that although it's not a major boss battle, fighting Lu Bu is a bitch!! I've tossed my controller playing DW more times than I have playing Madden, and that's saying something. Of course, that's not to say it's a bad game, it is great. Buy 4, greatest hit, 20 bucks, and the best of the series, win win win.

Oh, and I forgot that in order to even just get to Penance, you first have to battle all the Dark Aeons, all of which are bad-ass bosses that you need some serious stat-grinding to beat. Especially Dark Bahamut, Dark Anima, and Dark Magus Sisters (you can actually fight them one-on-one if you know the trick, but it's together that they make a real challenge). Let's just say that you can't expect to have your own way with a Dark Anima that you need 80+ Luck (and 255 Accuracy, of course) just to even reliably hit. And he's still easy compared to Penance...

Oh well, one of the very -few- joys of living in Europe.

Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts and Omega Weapon from FF8 were nice. Mostly becouse they took a lot of effort to beat, and I beat both of them without resorting to any chicken tactics. No Selphie for Omega, just a few overdrive's from Irvine and Squall... I'm a bit proud

Also, The Black Knight-fights in DMC were fun. Haven't played DMC3 yet, I've heard it has great fights too...

Hawk_one said:
Oh, and I forgot that in order to even just get to Penance, you first have to battle all the Dark Aeons, all of which are bad-ass bosses that you need some serious stat-grinding to beat. Especially Dark Bahamut, Dark Anima, and Dark Magus Sisters (you can actually fight them one-on-one if you know the trick, but it's together that they make a real challenge). Let's just say that you can't expect to have your own way with a Dark Anima that you need 80+ Luck (and 255 Accuracy, of course) just to even reliably hit. And he's still easy compared to Penance...

Oh well, one of the very -few- joys of living in Europe.
damn i wish id live in Europe:( never even seen what Penance looks like.

kingg5 said:
damn i wish id live in Europe:( never even seen what Penance looks like.

Well, put it like this:

We got the PS3 four months extra delayed.
When it finally came, they had removed the general emulator thingie for PS2 games, meaning you can only play about a thousand titles, and then have to download some crap for each and every other PS2 game you want to play. If they ever bother to upload whatever you need in the first place.
Of course, this was announced just a couple of weeks before launch, but the price stayed the same. A price that in some countries was quite higher (price vs. average wages considered), than in the US market.
The first officially released FF game was FF VII.
We still often get games more than half a year later than USA. Sometimes not at all, such as the first Katamari game.
And it's just about only Square that's ever put up something extra in their games - and only FF X at that - to make up for the severely long time it takes them to get their games over here.

In return for this, we get Dark Aeons and Penance. Now, you can call me grumpy, but for some reason, I don't think it's entirely fair trade, no matter how hard Penance and the Dark Aeons are..

ok maybe it wasnt as hard for the rest of you as it was to me, but Ares from God of War has kicked my ass for so long, first stage is cake, but all those multiple versions of you attacking your family always get me.

There were many good bosses in OofT but Links, I hated the Water Temple. I would dread it every time I had to beat it. Not because it was difficult but because it was annoying. Moving through the three levels of the temple. Even though he wasn't a Boss, Shadow Link was not easy for me. I was very happy when I defeated him and got the long shot.

K.Rool was an annoying bugger too.

Hawk_one said:
And it's just about only Square that's ever put up something extra in their games - and only FF X at that - to make up for the severely long time it takes them to get their games over here.

Konami often give us extras which the US and Japanese have to wait for a second release to get hold of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle